• Advertisement

What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:09 pm

I don't know how to word this so I apologise if it comes out all wrong but letting the less "mobile" people go ahead of you and they don't give you any thanks or acknowledge you.

No offence to this person through but I was coming out of a shopping centre exit and saw an old frail person with a walker and I guess a carer(?) coming towards the entrance / exit door of the shopping centre and I decided to move to the side of the door to let them go through and I didn't even get a thank-you from either the person or carer. Fair enough if the frail person couldn't thank me then but shame the supposed carer didn't thank me either. Small thing to complain about and I was under no obligation to stop for them but because of the kind and generous well mannered person I am I decided to let them pass ahead before I exited.

Raised & taught to respect elders and the less mobile, yet the younger generation don't get any respect from those older than them
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Postby Swift » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:34 pm

It's probably because they view it as an obligation and are only prepared to scold you for not doing it but not thank you when you do. It's another example of how entitled and cunning the elderly are underneath the facade of respectability they take full advantage of.
I learnt their cunning nasty natures through bus driving.
Social people are nearly always horrible people. Why would you mix with horrible people?
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby TA3001 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:21 am

ScaniaGrenda wrote:
Along the lines of buses, there's hardly anything interesting in Newcastle anymore.

A bus network is not the same without a fleet of CNG NL232s that can reach 100kph in my opinion!

Obahn.jpg
Obahn.jpg (103.51 KiB) Viewed 1168 times

The finished version will be much less messy. This was just a 5 minute touch up.
TA3001

Favourite Vehicle: Hills B58. In service - 1640

Postby Off The Rails » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:48 pm

MAN - a poor man's Mercedes (not my words, but words of a wise man).

What gives me the S&#T's? Actually being shat on by a bird at school.

Cheers! :wink:
Part of a 8 person trek to Mongolia, during July 2016.
Officially the last person to tag off the 381 - 20/5/16.
Off The Rails

Favourite Vehicle: Anything with an engine brake

Postby Swift » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:00 pm

Off The Rails wrote:MAN - a poor man's Mercedes (not my words, but words of a wise man).

The MAN SL202s in Sydney were in better condition, more reliable and far better on fuel than the Mercedes 0405s and even the venerable 0305s over many years service.
Social people are nearly always horrible people. Why would you mix with horrible people?
Swift

Postby TA3001 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:42 pm

Swift wrote:
Off The Rails wrote:MAN - a poor man's Mercedes (not my words, but words of a wise man).

The MAN SL202s in Sydney were in better condition, more reliable and far better on fuel than the Mercedes 0405s and even the venerable 0305s over many years service.

And most of the remaining ones in Adelaide are in near A1 condition too, excluding the filthy seats on the ones that reside at Newtune. Did Mercs even have subtle differences mechanically like with SL202s and even some NLs?
TA3001

Favourite Vehicle: Hills B58. In service - 1640

Postby jacksouth » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:07 am

What gives me the S&#T's? Actually being shat on by a bird at school.

Oh God, you never forget the first time you get shat on by a bird. It's the worst.
jacksouth

Postby Swift » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:32 am

Better than by a human.
Swift

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Who writes for the text at the bottom of the news?: Shown as Banktown!
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby scott » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:20 pm

Being forced to watch that vile piece of TV crap known as The Block (was at a friend's house, so no choice)

It is no wonder why society is turning to crap. They are having a big fight over a pool this week. Why it is so popular, I have no idea.

Would rather watch an old video of Beyond 2000 on Youtube (they have the entire 1985 season), one episode features Internet banking 1985 style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVl-XyBAwpQ

I cannot embed YouTube clips, like I used to.
scott

Postby Swift » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:35 pm

scott wrote:
It is no wonder why society is turning to crap. They are having a big fight over a pool this week. Why it is so popular, I have no idea.

Simple. It appeals to the senses of the riff raff. The sound of top 40 hits playing in the background and the sound of their own kind bickering = ratings success.
Swift

Postby homer9000 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:18 am

most of the garbage that passes for tv these days.ever since channel 11 took off will and grace at 8pm weekdays i don't bother with tv at that hour before bed after it was ditched for that rubbish game show pointless.
homer9000

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:00 pm

That a vehicle has parked in a bus stop - possibly the same vehicle that I've put a note on before about parkng in or way to close to bus stops.
This is my signature
Newcastle Flyer

Postby BanksfielderIdiot823 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:10 pm

Newcastle Flyer wrote:That a vehicle has parked in a bus stop - possibly the same vehicle that I've put a note on before about parkng in or way to close to bus stops.

Ohh, don't get me started about that. This is perfectly normal behaviour over in Lakemba.

In fact, Haldon St doesn't seem to get off a single day without having at least 40 vehicles parking in a bus stop.
Just forever waiting for a Volgren Optimus, let alone a Volgren Optimus Volvo B9TL, to cruise by Edensor Park...
BanksfielderIdiot823

Favourite Vehicle: Volgren bodies on Volvos

Postby Swift » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:38 pm

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:
Newcastle Flyer wrote:That a vehicle has parked in a bus stop - possibly the same vehicle that I've put a note on before about parkng in or way to close to bus stops.

Ohh, don't get me started about that. This is perfectly normal behaviour over in Lakemba.

In fact, Haldon St doesn't seem to get off a single day without having at least 40 vehicles parking in a bus stop.

Hmm, I wonder if that is linked to a certain demographic of this particular suburb, and a reluctance for law enforcers to 'stir the pot' with a certain group who consider our laws meaningless?
All I can say is the late Malcolm Fraser has a lot to answer for.
Swift

Postby BanksfielderIdiot823 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:15 pm

Swift wrote:
BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if that is linked to a certain demographic of this particular suburb, and a reluctance for law enforcers to 'stir the pot' with a certain group who consider our laws meaningless?
All I can say is the late Malcolm Fraser has a lot to answer for.

Yep. In fact, it's the same demographic whose mothers pound the streets in their 4WDs full of school children, always calling their right of way, jumping roundabouts, and causing so much close calls with other traffic and pedestrians making it a living hell to even try to cross the road AT A TRAFFIC LIGHT that it's only a wonder how much of Punchbowl Bus Company's fleet hasn't picked up much damage from these streets.
Just forever waiting for a Volgren Optimus, let alone a Volgren Optimus Volvo B9TL, to cruise by Edensor Park...
BanksfielderIdiot823

Favourite Vehicle: Volgren bodies on Volvos

Postby homer9000 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:28 am

schools not allowing senior students access to uber eats and making them even at yr 12 level to still use a canteen at that part of life.we didn't have such a system when i was doing my senior year in 1996 but fast forward to today and unless your school is within walking distance of the nearest shopping mall for lunches you are pretty much screwed.also this time a decade ago how strict the menus got with the schools although i had been in the big working world for 12 years at that stage so in my early 30's.that meant many of the pizza day fridays were banned and i was the person who would bring them the food driver.
homer9000

Postby scott » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:10 am

Echoing a previous post, people getting angry over the smallest little problem.

We were having issues with the back door of our bus (Ventura Volvo B7RLE/Volgren CR228) this morning, and one young millennial uni student was quite angry about it, kept on screaming at the driver to open the back door(he was trying to get it to respond to the button), I politely say to him you might be best to use the front door as the rear door seems to be playing up, he gets angry at me and swears at me, and then give the driver an earful.

These Volgren CR228 and Optimus bodies seem to have door controls which can be very sticky at times . The driver booked it up when we got to Box Hill. He said to me as I was getting off he cops so much abuse from the younger generation it is not funny.
scott

Postby scott » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:16 pm

Some radio newsreaders mispronouncing- Last night Priscilla Moca, a newish newsreader on 3AW mispronounced the Victorian town of Sebastapol as "Sebastapool".

Perhaps pronounciation training on towns and suburbs should be incorporated in the induction of newsreaders.
scott

Postby Merc1107 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:11 am

scott wrote:Perhaps pronounciation training on towns and suburbs should be incorporated in the induction of newsreaders.
Have watched many blunders of (ignorant?) Eastern-States journos completely mincing names in W.A.

I remember around the time of the Carnarvon floods, some journos were running about calling it "Car-na-von." Another example that springs to mind is calling Exmouth by a more British pronunciation, "Exm-th."
Merc1107

Favourite Vehicle: High Floor Buses

Postby Off The Rails » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:44 am

And you only need to watch WA's Telethon to hear eastern-state people butchering suburbs in Perth.

Off The Rails

Postby Swift » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Just secede already if people's mispronouncing of localities they have never heard of bother you that much.
That's what you're really getting at isn't it?
Swift

Postby Off The Rails » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:05 pm

Swift wrote:Just secede already if people's mispronouncing of localities they have never heard of bother you that much.
That's what you're really getting at isn't it?

It doesn't bother me. Actually makes me laugh when they give it a go. /

P.S. Get your knickers out of a twist
Off The Rails

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Saw a great parenting example this morning in Newcastle. Mother with cigge in one hand and in the other holding her (less than) 5 year old childs hand. Muttered under my breath that that is a great parenting example their sitting for their child. Probably the same type of parent that sees nothing wrong with smoking with their child in the car.

If you want to smoke that's on you but please not in front of your children.
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Postby Swift » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:19 pm

The people (do they qualify as that?) inserting needles into produce.
They should be tied to a chair and tortured for several hours before being snuffed out and thrown in the garbage -in pieces.
Swift

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to The Lunch Room