• Advertisement

Let's fix Channel Nine

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Re: Let's fix Channel Nine

Postby homer9000 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:27 am

how about a nightly dose of mom after the 6pm news weekdays.anything has to be an improvement over that grown up's but way more cringeworthy version of wonder world from 1992-1996 known as a current affair :lol: .
homer9000

Postby homer9000 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:01 am

how about no more footy show for good.it would be cheaper for them to move the mom/two broke girls/mike and molly sitcoms to fill the gaps where the footy existed.any of those as a mix would be better than oh what a wanker sam newman and his cronies drone on and on about football.
homer9000

Postby scott » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:48 pm

Did you find Sam Newman's resignation that really was not a resignation on Thursday night cringeworthy?
scott

Postby homer9000 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:49 pm

But I think after all these years he is for real.they on radio even made a song dedicated to sam newman when he was about to become a dad,all that he wants is another baby for he's gone tomorrow.
homer9000

Postby Swift » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:40 pm

That show is so a Melbourne centric it makes you want to barf.
Uber and bus services are very similar. Customers who don't deserve the service they are getting and blame defaulting to drivers.
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby homer9000 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:42 am

that show was well past it's use by date.granted 9 australia when kerry packer was still alive and in charge needed a replacement for cheers in the nineties for thursday nights but was a show about a sport most of us don't care for the answer.they don't even own the rights to the footy anymore 7 does as does fox sports.i find them showing netball games via their subsidiaries more interesting.in fact if it weren't for their weekend news bulletins and getaway that i watch on saturdays(i am out on sundays for church or other things and the rest of the week is library evenings after work/gym)i would have given up on them ages ago.how about a mix of looney tunes with a new female host and a new age price is right or temptation game show(but no eddie footy man of collingwood everywhere as host)5pm to 6pm like the old days.
homer9000

Postby B10BLE » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:47 pm

Channel 9 can be fixed by getting rid of that biased pick Tony Jones who said the AFL grand final would be a "waste" because West Coast booked a spot.
#PleaseStandBy
B10BLE

Favourite Vehicle: C63 AMG Black

Postby homer9000 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:28 am

i might not understand footy but what i know what the difference between a good bakery and collingwood is and that is bakeries make better food especially the pies.
homer9000

Postby 1whoknows » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:38 am

Having my first look at Fox crickets test match coverage. How much better it is than the boring sludge nine inflicted on us for three decades.
Cats are best.
1whoknows

Postby scott » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:48 am

Channel 7 seem to have done well with their cricket coverage from the bits I have seen. It seems they are no longer advertising ridiculously overpriced cricket memorabilia like 9 did for years. But there are constant ads for that crap called MKR.

Eddie and Sam finally have been axed from the Footy Show, but will be back for specials from time to time.
scott

Postby crazyturbo76 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:53 pm

It''ll be interesting to see how Today fares without Karl Stefanovic, given that the new management at Nine has decided to give him the sack. Honestly IMO no-one can topple Sunrise as the template breakfast television programme, Channel Seven has gotten the format right for years.
crazyturbo76

Favourite Vehicle: MAN A69/CC "CB80"

Postby Swift » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:45 pm

scott wrote:Channel 7 seem to have done well with their cricket coverage from the bits I have seen. It seems they are no longer advertising ridiculously overpriced cricket memorabilia like 9 did for years. But there are constant ads for that crap called MKR.

What a world we live in when Seven does the cricket and Nine is now doing the Summer of tennis Australian Open.
I think that gig was a quintessentially Seven thing but time will tell if Nine successfully puts it's own stamp on it.
Uber and bus services are very similar. Customers who don't deserve the service they are getting and blame defaulting to drivers.
Swift

Postby Merc1107 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:18 pm

crazyturbo76 wrote:It''ll be interesting to see how Today fares without Karl Stefanovic, given that the new management at Nine has decided to give him the sack. Honestly IMO no-one can topple Sunrise as the template breakfast television programme, Channel Seven has gotten the format right for years.
Good luck to them. :shock:

The ABC's News Breakfast program has been steadily gaining traction over the years. Whilst I am no ABC fan-boy, I appreciate their coverage of current events and issues, whereas the other channels are loud, obnoxious and do a comparatively lousy job at giving us the news (and somehow manage to tangle it into an infomercial or "live performance" of some trashy modern artist). Someone I knew once described the breakfast programs on the commercial channels as "Lollipop Shows."
Merc1107

Favourite Vehicle: High Floor Buses

Postby Swift » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:42 pm

They need to bring back kids shows in the breakfast slot and leave the news to the professionals.
Do we need 3 news breakfast shows?
https://youtu.be/_htLQwSx6Bg
Swift

Postby Campbelltown busboy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:04 pm

Swift wrote:They need to bring back kids shows in the breakfast slot and leave the news to the professionals.
Do we need 3 news breakfast shows?
https://youtu.be/_htLQwSx6Bg
Morning kids shows are aired on 10peach 7two and 9GO where they can’t cut into the ratings of the networks main channel
Campbelltown busboy

Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M MK4 AD Metroliner

Postby crazyturbo76 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:12 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a quota from Canberra that mandates x hours of children's programming on commercial television (that has been present since around the time colour television came out)? I guess as soon as digital television came in the networks decided to quickly offload that stuff; if I remember correctly Ten was the first to jump on that bandwagon when it launched Eleven (now 10 Peach) eight years ago, so that they could free room for Studio 10.

Campbelltown busboy wrote: Morning kids shows are aired on 10peach 7two and 9GO where they can’t cut into the ratings of the networks main channel

This is what bites into the quality of commercial television really hard these days: the amount of ratings a show gets. Programmes that pander to the lowest common denominator peeve me off sometimes, especially those dating programmes (I'm looking at you, Married at First Sight and Take Me Out) that make dating look easier than it is in real life. Some reality shows I can tolerate - particularly MKR/MasterChef - but it just makes me mad when I see the networks filling up their homemade programming quotas with reality shows and then importing programmes from the States to fill in the gaps.

No wonder stuff like Netflix and Stan are so popular here, you can just cut out a lot of the junk from your programming intake for a fraction of how much Foxtel will set you back. It would be good if Netflix did use a bit of its' revenue to fund some homegrown content here though.
crazyturbo76

Favourite Vehicle: MAN A69/CC "CB80"

Postby Swift » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:42 pm

They make mundane reality shows with moderately attractive looking people because there is a market of dead beat commoner consumers ready to surrender to the hype surrounding it and they get made to feel inadequate by attractive people on the more extreme scale.
It's all carefully researched like a computer algorithm to appeal to the tastes of more common people of the mass market who drive Kias, Hyundai and toy motors.
Swift

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to The Lunch Room