"Insipid Passenger" Stories

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Mother

"Insipid Passenger" Stories

Post by Mother »

Admin note: The word 'insipid' is used by many Sydney enthusiasts to describe a person/object that is silly/annoying/stupid/etc. The title of this thread was initially named "I.F. (Insipid Female) and the mobile phone" but the title has been altered to be non-specific to enable stories about any type passenger to be included. Please refrain from clearly slanderous descriptions such as race etc.

I've entered this topic into SYDNEY/NSW, as there is a greater chance of bus drivers' reading it, and I'd like to read their views.

Every time I'm on the buses I notice the IFs, usually aged between 15 & 25, boarding the bus with their head, usually filled with air, apparently locked into an angle of about 45 degrees toward the left shoulder.

Wedged precariously between the angled head and the shoulder is the mobile phone.

The I.F. is so important and so indispensible that she must be on-call 24/7. She cannot bear to ask the other party to hang on for just 5 seconds while she pays her fare and acknowldges the driver. No. It is way beneath her dignity to acknowldge someone as lowly as the bus driver who will get her from A to B through Sydney's rat-race in safety.

Her time is far too valuable.

So I.F. keeps up her usually totally shallow and inane conversation, and with her free right hand now begins to open her handbag or purse to look for her fare. After delaying the bus for about 30 seconds, she then puts down a $20 note onto the driver's tray, while still maintaining her vital conversation.

Of course the driver is able to guess where Miss Urgency is going, but doesn't she feel put out if a driver with no clairvoyancy skills has the effrontery to ask her where she is going!

In 40 years time, are x-rays going to reveal elderly women with strained and crooked necks?

What has prompted this posting was exactly the situation described, a situation that I observed this afternoon, as this twerp could not even take 5 seconds to bid the very patient and likeable driver good-day, could not have her fare ready, could not take her self-centered mind off her earth-changing conversation, thus delaying the bus.

And as I say, it happens every day.

Drivers, with all the other delays and frustrations now being added to, how do you all keep your patience?
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

in most cases I will totally ignore them serve the person behind them, if on there own close the doors take off ,making them lose their balance, if they say hang on!!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep drivering saying your phones more important. aslo if they then ofer me the money while im driving ,I totally ignore them till I stop at next stop. if they walk away to sit down i stop the bus next stop, till they then decide to come pay their fare , if they dont I still there. till passengers look at them in discust, works every time.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Mother

Post by Mother »

When I was discusssing this airheaded twit and those like her with the driver concerned this afternoon, I mentioned that I would make this posting, and I commented that I was looking forward to a comment by Captainch.

Captain, you never disappoint!

Love that style!

And what about those ones that cross George Street in the city while grinning inanely at the text message that they are sending!
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Kelsey Grammar wrote:
And what about those ones that cross George Street in the city while grinning inanely at the text message that they are sending!
....and quite oblivious to the DONT WALK sign and the traffic desperately trying to avoid her.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Mother

Post by Mother »

True, Boronia.

And she sometimes is able to drag her attention away from her texting to give the finger to the driver who skilfully avoided her, thus saving her dubious life.
captainch

Post by captainch »

:evil: please do not disscuss me with other lower instant drivers , I do not discuss your nursing home antics, its nice to know that I heard you know who we cant mention drowned in a kero bath is now in bus heaven with zimmer frame R.I.P. one of the nations national tresures!!!!!!!!! next time it rains ,it may not be rain , but a leaking colonostmy bag from that depot in sky. may she rest in peace.amen :oops:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
kitkat271
Favourite Vehicle: Double decker buses

Re: I.F. (Insipid Female) and the mobile phone

Post by kitkat271 »

Kelsey Grammar wrote:Every time I'm on the buses I notice the IFs, usually aged between 15 & 25, boarding the bus with their head, usually filled with air, apparently locked into an angle of about 45 degrees toward the left shoulder.
Mother, so long as said women are good looking, I really don't care if they're airheads. :wink:
boronia

Post by boronia »

Once you get your Uni degree in whatever, you will change your mind. :P
@ The Museum of Fire.
Wrong Way - Go Back

Re: I.F. (Insipid Female) and the mobile phone

Post by Wrong Way - Go Back »

Kelsey Grammar wrote:In 40 years time, are x-rays going to reveal elderly women with strained and crooked necks?
Nah, they'll all be dead by 2020 with brain cancer ...
Alex on the Bus
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113CRB/Ansair Commuter

Post by Alex on the Bus »

Easy way to fix that situation: take her $20, charge her the highest fare possible (a particularly good one if she boards an L90 at Railway Square) and thank her for the generous tip. She should halt her conversation long enough to question the fare - otherwise, she deserves everything she gets.
Oh, what a perfect world this world would be,
If he was President now - but he's not.
R-C

Post by R-C »

Captn CH Strikes again
Yes the look on their face when they get ignored is legendary :twisted: :evil:
captainch

Post by captainch »

point taken becaust they cant understand why your not serving them ,also ive done that with the big back note, give it all in coins there hand has phone, so with a hand full of coins, you take off ,as allways a coin or to rolls out the door, I aint called C.H for nothing. some days its a plesure to come to work :evil:
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Had a blonde casually walk across Market St in front of me as I was at full speed,forcing me to stop.As she croseed in front of me she made a rude gesture straight at me and I didn't even blare my horn or gesticulate toward her.I just sat there stone faced.
The amazing bit was she was a normal looking (not drug f*&ked),well dressed and attractive 20 year old.
As I drew past her ,I told her she is a disgrace to this city and she just kept walking.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
kitkat271
Favourite Vehicle: Double decker buses

Post by kitkat271 »

boronia wrote:Once you get your Uni degree in whatever, you will change your mind. :P
:lol: Should I declare that I'm teaching at university with classes that have about 80% of such IF's? :wink:

They do make the lessons go quicker.
Mother

Post by Mother »

Another incident involving I.F. with mobile phone just a few days ago.

We are in a dedicated bus lane on the T80 T-way.

I.F. with mobile phone in hand is leaving a driveway and has the front of her recreational vehicle stopped in the bus lane. Our bus, blocked by Miss Communication, comes to a stop. The I.F. does not move.

Our bus driver gestures for her to move her vehicle back into the driveway and clear of the bus lane. It takes her about 10 seconds to get the message. She moves back, but with one hand on the mobile, she manages to give our bus driver the finger with the other hand.

How unreasonable that I.F. should actually have to give way to a bus: firstly while exiting a private property, and secondly and most unreasonably on a dedicated bus lane!
Swift

Post by Swift »

The bus driver would know where she lives wouldn't he :P
It's amazing,that girl and the one I mentioned earlier know damn well they are in the wrong but still see fit to abuse the person they wronged.
They must hate humble pie.
Last edited by Swift on Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
venturatiger

Post by venturatiger »

When people get on my bus talking on a phone i tell they are rude & to tell the person on the other end to hang a moment , most almost drop the phone . they need to show a bit of courtesy

Regards Venturatiger
Mother

Post by Mother »

If a mobile phone rings in one of my classes, after I have asked everyone to switch them off, I run over and yell into it, "2MMM is my station, and I want the $5,000".

Or I say, "Tell them I'm busy and to call me later."
Member 573
Favourite Vehicle: Things with wheels and wings.

Post by Member 573 »

I do exactly what the Captain does when it comes to anyone on the mobile, not just air-headed young females.

The best one I have ever had was one morning at North Sydney, inbound on a 273. About ten or so boarded except for this girl about nineteen who was saying "like", and "she goes", to the person on the other end complete with that ridiculous late teenage lilt flavoured with the accent of someone who is a devotee of Britney Spears and the Bulldogs and other such mindless bublegum trash. She was standing at the bottom step and yacking away , casting me the odd glance for about twenty seconds, in which time I heard her mention to the other person she was coming into town on the bus, but she made no attempt to board.

So, as you do, I shut the doors and moved off, (I had a Mk2 which are the best buses for trashing pax that wont get on, you can shut the doors and release the bustop brake in one movement) and as I pulled up at the lights at Pacific Highway she came running up and bashed on the door two or three times demanding to be let on. I called to her through the closed doors that buses stopped running about midnight so she had plenty of time to make and finish as many phone calls as she liked, to which she gave me the finger.

When I got to Wynyard a middle aged bloke who had laughed very loudly when I rebuked her door bashing mentioned that if she had been a blonde it would have been understandable!

I have actually had people stand there and say "hang on I'm beeing interupted" when I have had the hide to ask them for their fare!
Last edited by Member 573 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boronia

Post by boronia »

The most frightening scenario is the IF who driving her car, using both hands and eyes to send text messages whilst steering with her knees.
@ The Museum of Fire.
Swift

Post by Swift »

nice story .In the same situation I would have glanced at her for a moment ,looked away and made a self satisfied smile before pissing off and leaving "it" behind for good :lol:
One of the perks of bus driving is tormenting idiot members of the public.Hahahahaha.
PKM

Post by PKM »

I had an IF on a 257 once do the same thing, as she was hanging up and went to get her money. I picked up my radio handset and pretended to take a call from radio for about 4 minutes.
She kept trying to interupt and I turned to her and said "I waited 4 minuted for your call, you can wait for mine"
I was surprised that I manged to adlib for that long on the radio.
Has returned home to the gong!
Norbert

Post by Norbert »

Bus Fahrer wrote:The best one I have ever had was one morning at North Sydney, inbound on a 273...
Bus Fahrer, like, I would have loved to have been there when you did that. That was like so funny :lol:
PKM wrote:I picked up my radio handset and pretended to take a call from radio for about 4 minutes.
You'd be on the other line now!
Goodbye 3447: 11/93 - 3/09
TransdevTSL: 3, 13, 17, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 31, 33, 72, 75, 76, 77, 78, 86, 100, 101, 103, 110, 111
Simes
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Simes »

The only insipid female to my knowledge are lesbians....

(oh and 1st year interns at your local casualty centre)
http://19302413.blogspot.com/

3092, last bus on George Street - 23rd October 2015 7:50pm
Mother

Post by Mother »

Bus Fahrer and Norbert have also referred to that new phenomenon that of course is inseparable from the IF, namely "Bimbo-Speak".

Like, that is SO not funny!

Return to “The Lunch Room”