"Insipid Passenger" Stories

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Member 573
Favourite Vehicle: Things with wheels and wings.

Post by Member 573 »

Captain, as I sit here chuckling at your latest comment, I am reminded of Fred Dodd's "Ticket to Ryde", in which he refers to the school next to the depot as "those idiots from Holly Cross".
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

yes poor old fred "loved " school kids :evil:p.s vol 2 of ticket to rydes nearlly finished. :lol:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

I was doing a 257 that terminated at Mosman Jcn instead of going down to Balmoral as it usually does.(I hate these stupid one off runs)
Of course,inevitably ,I got three girls who could not accept that it wasn't going any further.
I said sternly with a hint of irritation in my voice "last stop see you later!

They got off as one muttered "so f&*ing rude!

I had another on a 265 that was a McMahons Pt to North Sydney shuttle instead of going all the way to Lane Cove.
These two overweight arrogant witches of mums got on after I wouldn't open the doors for them during my layup break( they were wanting me to let them on during my break.I sat up the back instead so they were shitty as soon as they got on)

When I stopped at North Sydney ,sure enough the dopes just sat there.I said last stop.
They looked at me and said were going to Wollstonecraft.I said this one only goes to Nth Sydney.

They got up and stormed out while one of these mothers called me a dickehead.I wanted to kick the crow onto the pavement :evil:
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Daniel90

Post by Daniel90 »

I had a great experience of an IF yesterday on a 372 to Railway Square, this time it wasn't an issue with the fare however. The bus stops at Randwick Junction and picks up some school kids along with old folk, the bus is pretty full with only a couple of seats left so everyone grabs a seat bar this asian school girl who's texting away on her phone. She decides to stand in the "NO STANDING AREA" as many people seem to do these days. When the driver goes to close the the doors he notices the girl in the door zone and opens/closes the doors several times giving her the message to not stand their, the girl gets scared to death and then starts muttering obscenities to under her breath. A couple of pensioners sitting near the door give the girl a speaking too after that, hopefully she learnt her lesson. I was laughing the whole time, but it is good to see drivers care about passengers who do the right thing and move these idiots who stand in doors and make it extremely hard for people to get out. Bravo!
Dave Wilson

Post by Dave Wilson »

Work experience ha ha ha ha ... love it. I think they could teach the madams up the X a thing or two anyway.....!
Swift

Post by Swift »

In an ideal world all drivers would be encouraged to give customer service Captainch style.
captainch

Post by captainch »

:evil: yes dave they go from riverside finishing school to a "TOUCH OF CLASS" but its false avertising them as a touch of class the little slappers :wink:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Ken
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by Ken »

Norbert Genci wrote:Around UNSW, the IF theory can be broadened to IS (Insipid Students). Those waiting for a "Railway Bus" get to use the 895 on Anzac Pde. Instead of waiting a few mins, they board ANY bus (all stops 393/5) then regular passengers at other stops can't board the bus since there's no more room on it. I know there's no rule about having to specifically catch the 895 but common sense should say that 1. waiting a few mins for one will still be a quicker ride than an all stops and 2. what about passengers down the road.
When I was at R a number of years ago when doing an inbound 393/395 in the afternoons I would purposely close the doors and depart from the UNSW well before I had a full load so passengers through Kensington could actually board the bus. And of course an 895 picked up the remaining students and overtook me 2 stops down the road anyway. A simple solution to this problem would be to convert all PM 895's into 393's - the students would complain but at least the regular passengers along Anzac Pde would be able to board a bus.
Swift

Post by Swift »

My solution to stopping schoolkids crowding out a regular service was to tell them schoolkids not welcome on this bus!
They would just stand there in shock while the adults boarded past them.
Dave Wilson

Post by Dave Wilson »

Captainch style. Yeah, off topic, but I remember the Minister for Education in the Wran Government issued instructions to Ministerial staff that rude letters should be responded to 'in a similar firm tone'. In other words stick it to 'em!
captainch

Post by captainch »

:lol: I get along with most kids, I tell them my ways what I expect, you can have me as your mate ,or I can become freddie grouger, :twisted: you get my good a/c bus play up no a.c ,gerttifi you will clean it back at depot. yes they try you out , but when they have trains to catch to central coast ,& I go out of my way to miss it, they soon come around , if fact when im not on run , they want captainch back!!!!! :lol:I can be there best mate ,or worse nightmare the same as my passengers at ferrall valley ,or when doing revenue checks :evil:ferral valley love me!!!!
kitkat271
Favourite Vehicle: Double decker buses

Post by kitkat271 »

Norbert Genci wrote:Around UNSW, the IF theory can be broadened to IS (Insipid Students). Those waiting for a "Railway Bus" get to use the 895 on Anzac Pde. Instead of waiting a few mins, they board ANY bus (all stops 393/5) then regular passengers at other stops can't board the bus since there's no more room on it. I know there's no rule about having to specifically catch the 895 but common sense should say that 1. waiting a few mins for one will still be a quicker ride than an all stops and 2. what about passengers down the road. Isn't this why the L90 etc have restrictions?
Students are indeed insipid. :roll:

Be bloody complicated to put that into practice though, the 895 doesn't run that often past a certain time at night (when us postgrad students need it).

I do have a simpler solution: Why not just shove the 393 stop up to where the Circular Quay stop is now and leave the 895 where it is? ie instead of having those two stops on either sides of the pedestrian crossing, why not just have one stop for all normal buses and one for the 895?
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

kitkat271 wrote:I do have a simpler solution: Why not just shove the 393 stop up to where the Circular Quay stop is now and leave the 895 where it is? ie instead of having those two stops on either sides of the pedestrian crossing, why not just have one stop for all normal buses and one for the 895?
I think that's how it was before - then during a 'review' of the buses to UNSW in the lat 90s when I was there, the 395/393 and 895 stops were combined on the other side of the traffic light crossing.
Job done.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Daniel90 wrote: She decides to stand in the "NO STANDING AREA" as many people seem to do these days. When the driver goes to close the the doors he notices the girl in the door zone and opens/closes the doors several times giving her the message to not stand their, the girl gets scared to death and then starts muttering obscenities to under her breath.
I regularly travel on Anzac Pde services from the city so I get to see lots of ISs on them. Yes I notice the regulars who stand in the rear doorway and lean up against the bulkhead. The door opens and belts them in the arm or leg so they move away. As soon as the door closes and the bus moves off, they move back into the same spot. Next stop the door opens and they get belted again. Procedure repeats all the way to the Uni. Educated masochists??
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
captainch

Post by captainch »

best way to fix that problem is open the back door while going throw them to the floor, then get out of your seat & say happy now youve made the brakes come on ,bus is stuck now so they get off , you close the doors & take off leaving them behind :twisted: they wont do it next time.
Mother

Post by Mother »

This evening coming home an an L20, a feral I-F gets on at Ermington Shops (Why am I not surprised?).

As the bus is an artic, it must pull up to the very head of the rank, but Miss Courtesy is waiting in the middle and yelling into her mobile phone. She then yells, "Ah, f...!" as she has to trek to the door of the bus. She puts her cigarette out just before stepping into the bus.

"A CHILD to Parramatta," she emphasises.

Driver replies, "A CHILD to Parramatta," with the same emphasis "A child, yet you smoke!"

"Yes, a CHILD, and I smoke."

"Show me your concession pass please."

"F... YOU!" as she slams $1.50 into the driver's hand.

"$2.90," maintains the driver, quoting the full fare.

"You're F...ING kidding," the feral I-F protests, but pays up anyway, adding, "I'm telling my mother about this."
CHIPS ARE CHIPS!
Nat

Post by Nat »

Captain can you run my morning 507 I with all those IF Riverside trash moles.... I'd like to see them cop it good and proper
Windy

Post by Windy »

Mother wrote:
"You're F...ING kidding," the feral I-F protests, but pays up anyway, adding, "I'm telling my mother about this."
So did she tell you about this? Or did she end up having to tell someone who cared?
Mother

Post by Mother »

No worriers, Windy. Thankfully I'll never get to produce a feral like that one.
CHIPS ARE CHIPS!
Muttley
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes O305/O405

Post by Muttley »

Funny scene at the old Parramatta Interchange a few years back.

I was waiting for the only Chatswood-bound 550 of the day. About 5 minutes before it's due, IF (about 16 or 17) arrives at the stop chatting on the phone. After about 5 minutes of trash talk (mostly like), she lights up.

The bus turns up a few minutes later. Everyone boards while IF paces near the door puffing furiously (How dare the bus come while she's having her post-lunch smoke!). She doesn't alert the driver that she attends to board...so the doors shut and the bus leaves.

While the bus was waiting at the Hungry Jack's traffic light, the IF runs up to the drivers window, bangs on it a few times and abuses the driver for not waiting for her. The driver calmly tells her she showed no intention of boarding in the time the bus was standing at the stop. IF utters a few obscenities, flips the bird, and stomps back towards the station...not even realising that she could catch the bus from Westfield OR get it from Victoria Road.

PS: One solution to UNSW IS overcrowding on the 393/395 is to make these routes set down only at UNSW in the times that the 895 operates
Previously known as 12th Man
Mother

Post by Mother »

And this time we have three of them sitting in the bus shelter with little sticks poking out of their mouths. I later realised that these were Chuppa-Chupps.

Rather than signal the bus, they remained seated in the bus shelter looking straight ahead like the three wise monkeys, although that description is not quite accurate, as these three I-Fs by their nature and behaviour were not wise.

Only because this bus driver was patient and tolerant, did he stop for them. Remember they gave no signal and did not get up from their seat until after the bus had stopped. Of course they did not say thank you to the driver, as the digestion of the Chuppa-Chupp no doubt counsumed all their brain power.

And of course they had no fare ready. And of course the minimum note that each offered was of $10 for a $1.80 fare.
CHIPS ARE CHIPS!
Yusry
Favourite Vehicle: Merc O.305 Alexander R

Post by Yusry »

12th Man wrote:PS: One solution to UNSW IS overcrowding on the 393/395 is to make these routes set down only at UNSW in the times that the 895 operates
How would I get to Cleveland St then?
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

12th Man wrote: PS: One solution to UNSW IS overcrowding on the 393/395 is to make these routes set down only at UNSW in the times that the 895 operates
Living inbound of UNSW, I often find it harder to get on a CQ bus of an afternoon than a 393/5.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Muttley
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes O305/O405

Post by Muttley »

How would I get to Cleveland St then?
Sorry. Didn't think of that. A possible solution could be to place a notice on the J-pole and in a board on the bus stating that the 393 & 395 will not convey UNSW students to Central.
Living inbound of UNSW, I often find it harder to get on a CQ bus of an afternoon than a 393/5.
Quay buses fill up between Maroubra and Kingsford, so that's another problem.
Previously known as 12th Man
Constantly Leighking
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202 3297

Post by Constantly Leighking »

Ok here we go.

2 IF's sitting at one of the shelters at Forest Way... They are VERY loud and i can clearly hear them saying they want a 283 to come right at that exact moment...

About 5 minutes later a 283 pulls into the stop... they can see its a 283 and yet they do nothing...

The driver of the 283 lets off his alighting passengers and waits there for maybe 30 seconds...

When he starts to close the doors the 2 IF's decide to make a run for it... They do not succeed :lol:

Return to “The Lunch Room”