Worst Cars Ever Number 1: Lada Samara

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

scott

Re: Worst Cars Ever Number 1: Lada Samara

Post by scott »

The European SB Barina that first appeared in 1994 was a game changer for Holden, being the first of the European products from GM's European affiliates to be sold here with a Holden badge. They had issues with the fitment of air conditioning in the earlier batches but this was solved eventually. Then they brought out the TR Astra which was really to test the market, as it did not sell in great numbers. The TS Astra was the Astra model that brought home the bacon for Holden.

Lada died in Australia in around 1994, with stocks hanging around until 1996. I bet not even Franco Cozzo could of sold them.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

they were junk.not even the late peter brock could save the car.as we were to learn later on with the second generation excel and the second generation of protons we first saw here in the nineties you can make a good car affordable and not have it turn out crap.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

The Samara could really only be compared with the first Lasers (and the 323s of the same era). I don't think I've seen a KA/KB/323 in about a decade either, although I occasionally see KC/KE Lasers.

Protons and Excels were probably only popular because of Wheel and Sale giving them away all the time. That said, the Excel/Satria/Wira did have the Mitsubishi Lancer engine IIRC which is a good engine to modify (real mods, not just a 3" fart cannon, some stickers and an STI body kit complete with bonnet scoop, as was seen on way too many of them).
Big Engine Mechanic
Favourite Vehicle: My94NCLTDFairlaneTickfordGear

Post by Big Engine Mechanic »

Honda

Return to “The Lunch Room”