Good buys in secondhand Magna's

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

scott

Good buys in secondhand Magna's

Post by scott »

was at Knox Mitsubishi this morning checking out some cars for a family friend and I came across a 2003 Magna ES Sedan selling for $13,999 (reduced from $14,999). It had the newer body style from that french designer(Boulay I think his name was), Climate controlled air,airbags, power windows and much much more, it had 72,000km on it and it was owned by the Commonwealth Bank, furthermore, it had a sheet in the glovebox with all the details regarding it's build, when it was ordered, right own to security codes and key numbers, and a full service history.

Just to appease Eratik, no one was looking at the 380's in the yard and they had a good stockpile to get rid of, some dating back to 9/05 build.

Just shows that there are some excellent buys to be had in secondhand car land, and you can buy a lot of car for not a lot of money.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

A motoring writer for the Sydney Herald reported today that he picked up a 03 LS specced TL Magna, 40K km ex rental, for $15K (new price in 03 was $38K+).

Isnt depreciation a wonderful thing. :?: Is it any wonder they cant sell the 380 :P
dwill106

Post by dwill106 »

Mitsubishi just don't know how to design a good looking car. Fare enough Mitsubishi have alot of extras as standard at a cheap price but nobody in their right mind would buy a car that looks so plain, boring, cheap looking and just unpleasent to the eye. If Mitsubishi could design a car just as bold and strong looking as Holden, Ford or Toyota their sales would climb.
bendertiger2

Post by bendertiger2 »

$13999? Rip off. I can get them cheaper, 2nd, I stormed out of the 380 launch in Brisbane.....I made them KNOW I wasn't happy......guess what, hasn't sold......I knew what would of made the 380 tick.....and they didn't ask me, idiots!
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

I reckon the pre Boulay disfigured Magnas were very good looking cars.
The 380 just doesn't measure up in comparison.
I found the steering vague in the Magna and I have doubts as to the longevity of the engine as Mitsubishi 4 cylinders ,at least,are known for becoming smoky pretty early on in their life.I have seen quite a few older Mitsubishis do this.Maybe the V6s aren't like that.
Not a bad car if you don't mind the vagueish steering and no telescope adjustment on base models.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.

Return to “The Lunch Room”