The Friday F***wit Part 25: Yasmin

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Member1100

The Friday F***wit Part 25: Yasmin

Post by Member1100 »

Aghhh..how quickly things change. A week is a long time in television.

Just 3 Weeks ago, Channel 10 had high hopes in Yasmin, the 26yo Sydney public relations officer who was the central figure of the exciting new reality show called Yasmins Getting Married. Just a week later....the show was axed and Yasmin was thrown into the television wilderness never to be heard of again.....and i mean that literally. You see, in the lead up to the show making it debut, Yasmin was quite active in drumming up support for the show, being only too willing to participate in interviews with practically anyone in the media who was interested. Yasmins friends, also hoping to get their 15 minutes of fame, were also in on the act, speaking to Newspapers about their friendships with Yasmin. It seemed Yasmin and friends were only too happy to blow their own trumpets...and indeed each others trumpets aswell. However, when the show got axed, Yasmin and her friends have seemingly......well...vanished. Every media outlet imaginable, from The Herald Sun to A Current Affair, Today Tonight to TV Week has been hoping to get one more piece of Yasmin to get her thoughts on the shows sudden demise. And based on previous interactions with her, they figured she would be only too happy to appear on air or in print. But they were wrong.
Yasmin and her friends are keeping a low profile, obviously embarrassed about being inducted into Televisions hall of shame. Even Channel 10 who aired the show, has struggled to get comments out of Yasmin and friends.

Yasmin, when you put yourself up for things like this, you have to be prepared to cop the flak should it all go terribly wrong....and it did. It seems that the viewing public would rather snack on a bowl of tuna flavoured pubic hair than watch your pathetic search for a man to marry. So hide all you like, but you will be forever remembered as one of the lowest points in Australian Television history. And for your efforts..... we would like to present to you this weeks Friday F***wit trophy.......... if we can find you that is.

Mod Note: Text changed to normal font from all bold
Simes
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Simes »

Had you thought that maybe 10, as part of the exit clause whereby she gets a wedding paid for, her part of the deal was to say nothing to the media, or continue to be "handled" by 10's media reps and they're keeping them quiet?????
http://19302413.blogspot.com/

3092, last bus on George Street - 23rd October 2015 7:50pm
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Yasmin,that is usually a name common white suburban young women have.
Stangely,they are usually very popular when they are on television but it seems the Australian public have finally had their fill of seeing everyday people appear on tv as though they are sudden big stars just for spilling their guts to everyone.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Member1100

Post by Member1100 »

Simes wrote:Had you thought that maybe 10, as part of the exit clause whereby she gets a wedding paid for, her part of the deal was to say nothing to the media, or continue to be "handled" by 10's media reps and they're keeping them quiet?????
The fact that Channel 10 has had trouble getting Yasmin to do interviews for any of its programs, as i have mentioned above, would indicate that theory is probably not the case. :wink:
bussie

Post by bussie »

I would say if Yasmin appears on TV again, more people would watch her show given the publicity given by all sorts of media.
Nexas

Post by Nexas »

bussie wrote:I would say if Yasmin appears on TV again, more people would watch her show given the publicity given by all sorts of media.
I don't know about other people, but I certainly wouldn't waste my time.
Views expressed by me are strictly my own, not of my friends, employer, or anyone else.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Dear All

Maybe Yasmin has done an exclusive interview deal with Real Stories? :P

Kind Regards

Craig :)
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Two words to describe my sentimets toward this Yasmin.
Who cares.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
widget

Post by widget »

Yasmin is a lazy f**kwit who couldnt even find a BF.

Return to “The Lunch Room”