• Advertisement

What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Postby captainch » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:57 pm

PEOPLE hello its a total fire -ban plus on- coming storms your bitching because they cancelled a fireworks display! if the the fireworks caused a fire & your home caught alite & the storm & lightning caused a bush fire & your house burnt to the ground ....................I know what I would prefer NO FIRE WORKS AND A safe home. THE WORLD ISN'T GOING TO STOP BECAUSE OF NO FIREWORKS. THE MONEY WOULD BE BETTER HELPING THE BUSH FIRE GANGS! :roll: WHO HAVE LOST EQUIPMENT STATIONS & CUT BACKS FROM THE STATE GOVT!
captainch

Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Postby busrider » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:06 pm

Re the CB80 discussion: I think it boils down to "I don't like this bus type".
busrider

Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:32 pm

captainch wrote:PEOPLE hello its a total fire -ban plus on- coming storms your bitching because they cancelled a fireworks display! if the the fireworks caused a fire & your home caught alite & the storm & lightning caused a bush fire & your house burnt to the ground ....................I know what I would prefer NO FIRE WORKS AND A safe home. THE WORLD ISN'T GOING TO STOP BECAUSE OF NO FIREWORKS. THE MONEY WOULD BE BETTER HELPING THE BUSH FIRE GANGS! :roll: WHO HAVE LOST EQUIPMENT STATIONS & CUT BACKS FROM THE STATE GOVT!

I can relate that here, plus, I wouldn’t really care if there’s no fireworks this year, maybe we can do a bubble show during the day instead of the fireworks and sell carrots instead of the snag.... Fireworks also produce CO2 emissions as well so I wouldn’t mind if they cancel it if we are on a mission to saving the environment.....
Greta Thunberg is right. We must Declare a Climate emergency!

Previously known as Bus883&1022 who was VolgrenTheTrooper
MotorOmnibus8562

Favourite Vehicle: Dysons Bus 883 and 1022

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:35 pm

• Idiot cyclists
Stopped to do a shoelace up at the QVB tram stop while taking photos of the trams. Two trams stopped at the same time. This cyclist must have been doing 40 maybe even 45 kmh and he went up onto the platform at that speed. He not only almost knocked me over, but almost knocked a father with his little daughter over as well.

If this idiot cyclist did this either next weekend or the weekend after, could you imagine how many tram passengers he could've (most likely would've) knocked down?

• People who knew the trams were being tested on the tracks, and stopping ON the tram tracks to take photos. A policeman on a bike going along the tram tracks had to ask them to get out of way.

• Passengers who think that you can get on a train the time it's due to leave, or arrive one or two minutes before a it's due to leave, but then . . .
• Drivers of buses (especially) when it states in the timetable that "buses will wait a reasonable time" if the train is late, but leave even if the train arrived just a few minutes late.
• Bus drivers that leave slightly early, making passengers of a connecting train miss the bus.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Australia Day - the most important day in Australia
Newcastle Flyer

Postby TA3001 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:54 pm

How can anyone handle fireworks close up without serious ear protection anyway? They're deafening from a km away.
TA3001

Favourite Vehicle: Hills B58. In service - 880

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:36 pm

MotorOmnibus8562

Postby BanksfielderIdiot823 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:33 pm

- Any lout that thinks it's a good idea to light fireworks and naked flames during a risk of bushfires/high temperature/total fire ban
- EDIT: Complaints about the timetable changes on the Cranbourne/Pakenham. (Yeah, I know it's METRO TRAINS we're talking about here. It's not going to matter so much anyway since it's known too well that with Metro Trains, 5 minutes late translates into 35 minutes late and so forth whether the timetables change or not.)
- School-leavers being attacked and robbed outside the police station in Rye that was CLOSED. So much for going to the police station.
- In West Sydney, the fact that no order of the type of Volgren Optimus Volvo B8RLEs that have landed at TSA Tempe was made for Region 3.
- Sydneysiders pretending in a try-hard way to be Melburnians, yet only know the inner suburbs and have no knowledge of the rest of Greater Melbourne. (It's the same type of people that think that Geelong and Ballarat are in Melbourne.)
Just forever waiting for a Volgren Optimus, let alone a Volgren Optimus Volvo B9TL, to cruise by Edensor Park...
Formerly of Bankstown City until that council amalgamation...
BanksfielderIdiot823

Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Postby Swift » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:50 pm

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:- Sydneysiders pretending in a try-hard way to be Melburnians, yet only know the inner suburbs and have no knowledge of the rest of Greater Melbourne. (It's the same type of people that think that Geelong and Ballarat are in Melbourne.)

Even I know they are separate frum Melbunn. I must be a natural.
Sydney I don't like you. Your shallow and full of scoundrels. It needs a major shake up.
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:24 pm

College / Campus for deciding it was a great idea to have a fire-drill when it's pouring down rain and not notifying anyone said drill was happening. I got a huge shock when the fire alarms started blaring in my ears out of the blue as I was heading to class

It's also the last week for some courses so barely anyone showed up and they had entire semesters to do this & better prepare students & people.
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Postby BanksfielderIdiot823 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:37 pm

Swift wrote:Even I know they are separate frum Melbunn. I must be a natural.

Well played.

ScaniaGrenda wrote:College / Campus for deciding it was a great idea to have a fire-drill when it's pouring down rain...

1. Mate, it's pouring water, not acid or nuclear fallout. Say a building on fire with a crap-ton of gas cylinders is about to explode in shards in about 30 seconds. Would you rather stay in the building and probably end up either killed or permanently scarred merely because there are little drops of water that might wet your clothes, or just go through the rain and get the heck away from that building as soon as possible???

ScaniaGrenda wrote:...and not notifying anyone said drill was happening. I got a huge shock when the fire alarms started blaring in my ears out of the blue as I was heading to class

It's also the last week for some courses so barely anyone showed up and they had entire semesters to do this & better prepare students & people.

2. If a jurisdiction notifies of the timing of a fire drill, they have already failed. An emergency can happen at any point of time. The point of a fire drill is to know what to do and where to evacuate if the building actually starts burning up.
Just forever waiting for a Volgren Optimus, let alone a Volgren Optimus Volvo B9TL, to cruise by Edensor Park...
Formerly of Bankstown City until that council amalgamation...
BanksfielderIdiot823

Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:45 pm

@ScaniaGrenda, plus, they need to check if the alarms are working in case there is an emergency..

MotorOmnibus8562

Postby Merc1107 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:50 pm

The only time drills are inappropriate are during periods of tests or examinations at Universities. That's happened a few times where I've studied.

Most times, you could hear the drills progressing through the many buildings over the course of a week. So when the building I was in finally had it's turn, I made sure to pack up my laptop before leaving. Given everyone else know it was a drill, nothing to stop some thieving so-and-so going and pinching my computer. Were the scenario any different, I'd drop everything and leave. One of the staff got a bit irate with me (and rightly so, really).
Merc1107

Favourite Vehicle: High Floor Buses

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:41 pm

BanksfielderIdiot823 wrote:1. Mate, it's pouring water, not acid or nuclear fallout. Say a building on fire with a crap-ton of gas cylinders is about to explode in shards in about 30 seconds. Would you rather stay in the building and probably end up either killed or permanently scarred merely because there are little drops of water that might wet your clothes, or just go through the rain and get the heck away from that building as soon as possible???.

Relax

I understand your points as well as the others but this is a drill we're talking about, not an actual fire. They probably had control whether they could still go ahead with it or not and they did. If they don't then fair enough. Maybe I should be more annoyed it happened on the one day it decided to pour down.

to be honest If it was an actual fire I'd be looking to get as far as possible, I actually have common sense, if you think otherwise your kidding yourself.
ScaniaGrenda

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:57 pm

@Scania Grenda, Okay then,

I don’t know why they would have had to put the drill on a rainy day but I guess they had to put it on by a certain date to make sure it works....

MotorOmnibus8562

Postby Swift » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:57 pm

I think drills, angle grinders, circular saws -call it what you will, are a PITA!!
Everyone knows to scramble in every direction -every man for himself ' survival of the fittest.
Sydney I don't like you. Your shallow and full of scoundrels. It needs a major shake up.
Swift

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:07 pm

Hearing about a group of YOUNG TEENAGERS who started a fire in Rural NSW from trying to do a firework show in front of some homes.....

Uhhhh, hello, now is not the time to start fires, our planet is already in danger and you (the teenagers)
ARE MAKING THINGS WORSE THAN IT ALREADY IS!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

MotorOmnibus8562

Postby Cazza » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:11 pm

Swift wrote:Everyone knows to scramble in every direction -every man for himself ' survival of the fittest.

Good luck getting out of the MCG like that in an emergency :mrgreen:
New Brisbane Transport Network: https://bit.ly/2VV7QB0
New STA Network: https://bit.ly/2F386Ui
Cazza

Postby Swift » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:31 pm

Cazza wrote:
Swift wrote:Everyone knows to scramble in every direction -every man for himself ' survival of the fittest.

Good luck getting out of the MCG like that in an emergency :mrgreen:

How often do they carry out a drill during a match though?-Never of course!
Swift

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:46 pm

• ABC 1: Love on the Spectrum 23:39 - 00:39
Parliament Question Time: 00:31 - 01:31

• Again mister passenger, I shouldn't have to tell you to COVER YA MOUTH WHEN YA COUGH. He was sitting in one of those longitudinal seats on the opposite side. When I got off, I said "It's people like you that Australia has a flu problem."

• We are PASSENGERS of transport, not CUSTOMERS!
Australia Day - the most important day in Australia
Newcastle Flyer

Postby TA3001 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:18 pm

You're asking for trouble by speaking to these freaks in this manner. Regardless of how gullible/dimwitted they make look, you don't know who they are.

I would never do such a thing on PT. We are not engineered to be identical though....

Reminds me of some piece of sh** who was sitting adjacent to me (forward facing seats) at an angle (on a CB60 Scania L94UB) and coughing everywhere nonstop. I ended up moving to the front to potentially avoid various types of illnesses. I'm sure you would have loved this trip!

And just to be certain, do you cover your mouth when coughing at home, or when you're alone? Sorry, had to ask. Not trying to take the piss out ya.

And re the title, this! It isn't even a bloody hot dog. Apparently the stupid OTR check out attendant claimed there was no way to cut the roll, so this is what I got served!

htdg.jpg
htdg.jpg (14.69 KiB) Viewed 400 times
TA3001

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:55 pm

Bus drivers doing 50 KM/H when the 40 KM/H school zone is in force, thankfully no children about.
ScaniaGrenda

Postby TA3001 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:31 pm

Try being on a bus doing almost 80kph in a 60 zone (in the left lane) flying past cars doing the the legal limit, and see if this phases ya.

It was a 23 year old high floor bus, out on a late straight shift too! One of the best SL202s ever built.
TA3001

Postby Bus Suggestions » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:24 pm

Try a bus doing only just over 30kph on Beach Rd; a 70 zone.
Transperth: The Best Privatisation Model
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCxgB_b5NiVAiHE3M7AnDrnA
Bus Suggestions

Favourite Vehicle: Anything good lookin'!

Postby Swift » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:34 pm

Try nearly all Toyota drivers who hesitate, drive unnecessarily slow for the conditions and can't seem to stay in their lane.
Some of these bus drivers probably drive Toyotas.
Swift

Postby Bus Suggestions » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:31 pm

Swift wrote:Try nearly all Toyota drivers who hesitate, drive unnecessarily slow for the conditions and can't seem to stay in their lane.
Some of these bus drivers probably drive Toyotas.

Not necessarily most Toyota drivers; my dad in his old Celica would whip up Perth to Bunbury in about 1 hr 50-ish mins, on what was pre-2010 a 2 hr 15 min journey.
The slow driver type seems to be taken up by Kia drivers, BMWs, Mercs and Volvos (funny considering the latter two are major bus manufacturers as well).
Transperth: The Best Privatisation Model
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCxgB_b5NiVAiHE3M7AnDrnA
Bus Suggestions

Favourite Vehicle: Anything good lookin'!

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to The Lunch Room