• Advertisement

What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Postby TA3001 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:49 pm

Newcastle Flyer wrote:• People that quote whole posts - especially when they are the previous post, and especially when they have a picture inside that quote, no matter how large the picture is inside the quote.

• Opal so called "customer care". He thought he was correct.

You mean like this? Am I doing it exactly right?

TA3001

Favourite Vehicle: Hills B58. In service - 880

Postby Fleet Lists » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:06 am

No = your question should not be in the quote - but just quoting the rest is not necessary as shown in the guidelines.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Postby Swift » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:37 pm

How politically charged some shows are these days and how seriously the hosts take it, particularly mega LEFT WING ones with an agenda behind them such as The Drum and Q&A on the ABC and The Project on Ten.
You can cut the air with a knife through your television, such is the uptight self righteous tension evident.
MAN SL200 & Mercedes 0 305:essentially the same bus.
Brisbane: SL200, Sydney 0305, Canberra both, Melbourne SL200, Hobart neither, Adelaide both, Perth 0305, Parramatta Ryde SL200 :P
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby TA3001 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:22 pm

Ratway - Having all the ****ing chairs stacked up except for two at the other end of the store 45 minutes before closing time. I went in there yesterday, and the chairs were stacked up for alleged cleaning purposes or something.

Next thing, some psychotic deadbeat stops adjacent to a table that I have selected to dine at (after dragging a chair halfway across the store), and has an outburst at someone or something, and then leaves the store. Around the same time (give or take a few minutes), the grumpy sales dude has an adverse reaction to a remark I made about the chair arrangement (yes it was slightly satirical), but it doesn't justify what I interpreted to be threats to call the police or something. Fortunately I end up just consuming the roll and getting the hell out of there without further trouble.

And this all occurred in Adelaide's most notorious shanty town - Hindley St. You'll always find the biggest lowlives imaginable at the dump that is the Adelaide CBD.

And in addition to this, society annoys me. You have to be a complete a***hole to get anywhere in this near dormant idle wasteland (AKA Earth), otherwise one's 'life' seems like a complete waste of time.

Also, running 10 minutes late doesn't give a bus driver the right to do 75kph in a 60 zone in the Adelaide parklands. Wasn't a bad recording though. And it's not the most extreme case of speeding I've seen with Torrens Transit either.

If anything not so crap came out of today, it was not ending up in any of the tedBus Coke cans.
TA3001

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:23 pm

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/1 ... hour-long/

And just is/who are the "animals" again?

TA3001 wrote:And this all occurred in Adelaide's most notorious shanty town - Hindley St.
(My emphasis on Hindley St.)

And let me guess, it was a certain restaurant chain - that has "cardboard like" hamburgers?
My signature is on holidays
Newcastle Flyer

Postby TA3001 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:35 pm

The restaurant is mentioned at the start of the post. The name is changed due to an unwelcome occupant being found in a roll once.
TA3001

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:12 am

WARNING: May find the following distressing:
https://7news.com.au/news/animals/womba ... e-c-484946

7 News wrote:"Stevens says the wombat did not die straight away, but was left to suffer."

Just who are we calling animals again?
My signature is on holidays
Newcastle Flyer

Postby BanksfielderIdiot823 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:27 am

Checking and seeing an update to the CDC NSW fleetlist...

If it is true, then we now have the second Optimus decker to be evicted from Sydney. Meanwhile while Transit Systems Region 3 recently accommodated another three CDis...

I feel a burning anger against a particular bus body building company growing in my bus-fanatical mind again.
Just forever waiting for a Volgren Optimus, let alone a Volgren Optimus Volvo B9TL, to cruise by Edensor Park...
Formerly of Bankstown City until that council amalgamation...
BanksfielderIdiot823

Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Postby TA3001 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:07 pm

Seeing a Volgren electric bus interior, whilst knowing we're not gonna get any over the next 10 years, due to the 'company' that the previous poster is referring to somehow acquiring the contract.
TA3001

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:54 am

No idea why CDC NSW is so silent on Hybrid buses while meanwhile their sister counterpart in Victoria is all over it. There's probably not a need for them in NSW at this time in the fleet but it wouldn't hurt if they tested 1-5 of them up here (each at various depots). Would give them some further good PR and would probably force other competing companies to pick up their game. Port Stephens Coaches recently over the past couple of months just obtained two hybrids (one being the ex ACT one, the other being the one that spent time in Melbourne and NZ). Tho I'm yet to see other companies around here including CDC or Keolis Downer give hybrids a run for it's money. Surely this is something Keolis Downer or CDC NSW would've wanted to beat other companies too?

I'll wait for Hybrids but I'm not holding my breath on them coming anytime soon but I'd give it another 5-10 years before their hopefully more mainstream.

Edit: Another reason I could think of why their holding out is their waiting for other companies to trial it and see how efficient & financial it is but at the end of the day, we know at some point in the future their going to become mainstream so they'll come eventually but just probably not for the time being.
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

RAIL DELAYS

Postby captainch » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:34 pm

Once again more train delays The Premier & Transport Minister saying no 'FREE TRAVEL' Maybe a class action is need for ' NON DELIVERY' of servive??? Its becomming a to ofen occurance AS FOR THE' SYDNEY TRAINS APOLERGY'.....It has become a stock standard answer if it was a private company they would be fined ect the travelling public are over it and going back to cars. thats why the roads are so clogged!
captainch

Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Postby Campbelltown busboy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:09 pm

ScaniaGrenda wrote:No idea why CDC NSW is so silent on Hybrid buses while meanwhile their sister counterpart in Victoria is all over it. There's probably not a need for them in NSW at this time in the fleet but it wouldn't hurt if they tested 1-5 of them up here (each at various depots). Would give them some further good PR and would probably force other competing companies to pick up their game. Port Stephens Coaches recently over the past couple of months just obtained two hybrids (one being the ex ACT one, the other being the one that spent time in Melbourne and NZ). Tho I'm yet to see other companies around here including CDC or Keolis Downer give hybrids a run for it's money. Surely this is something Keolis Downer or CDC NSW would've wanted to beat other companies too?
I saw somewhere that the interior of the Bustech hybrid that went to NZ and then ended up in Victoria was STA spec I'm not sure where I saw it or if it's true
Campbelltown busboy

Favourite Vehicle: MAN 19.320 Bustech VST

Postby TA3001 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:28 am

A strange sounding O'bahn equipped Scania K230UB getting my attention lately.

It's idling is almost a tune of it's own in a way. I'm pretty sure that it's due to the differential in the bus. It actually has a rear window, and it's not at St Agnes.
TA3001

Postby 3805 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:15 pm

Daylight saving. Enough said.
Комитет государственной безопасности​

Postby Swift » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:27 pm

The "meedja's" very selective coverage of Donald Trump.
I just saw a rally in full and it was better than any rock concert. It's so obvious they are determined to paint him as negatively as they can.
Brisbane: SL200, Sydney 0305, Canberra both, Melbourne SL200, Hobart neither, Adelaide both, Perth 0305, Parramatta Ryde SL200 :P
Swift

Postby Heihachi_73 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:35 am

TA3001 wrote:Some ****t**d Coles worker drawing attention to me using Woolies bags whilst shopping in Coles. Like it was the funniest thing he had seen all day.

My response was "If your bags could stay intact for 15 minutes, I wouldn't have to rely on these would I?"

Coles. The only supermarket which refuses rainchecks when they are out of stock. Or at least the one at Ringwood Square (store 637). That store has gone downhill ever since it was refurbished.

As for the 15c bags, ironically, the Coles 15c bags (barcode 9348372143330) are made in Germany while the Aldi bags are made in Australia. Coles doesn't disclose the product of origin for the newer bags (9348372142227). I can't find one of the first batch (which didn't have the red polka dots) from back when there were being handed out for free. On the other hand, Coles Liquorland bags are made in Australia, go figure. Woolies' bags are from either Germany, Thailand or Malaysia (I have one of each).

And as for using rivals' items, I will happily rescue a lost Woolies/Aldi/Savers trolley from the carpark and dump it next to Coles near their own trolley bay, people always grab them since they don't need $1 to unlock it. :)
Heihachi_73

Postby scott » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:54 am

My dad got a new mobile phone, on special and he asked me to help him set it up with Bluetooth in his Lexus NX300. The 290 odd page Navigation/Mutimedia manual is very vague and we could not get it to pair.

Why can't car manuals be concise and easy to understand, there are 4 manuals in the Lexus, a tome of an Owners Manual, service/warranty booklet, quick reference booklet and the nav/audio guide. Finding out how to set the clock to daylight saving required a lot of page turning too.

Dad took it back to the Lexus dealer and they paired it, he said the service guy could do it in his sleep.
scott

Postby MotorOmnibus8562 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:16 pm

Labor and liberal too busy fighting, Believe me, nothing is getting done about the climate crisis with these two totally opposite parties fighting, it will be way better if greens took liberal’s place then something will actually get done.
please Support Greta Thunberg. Please Declare a Climate emergency!

Previously known as Bus883&1022 who was VolgrenTheTrooper
MotorOmnibus8562

Favourite Vehicle: Dysons Bus 883 and 1022

Postby Fleet Lists » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:20 pm

Heaven help us if that ever took place - that would really give me the whatevers.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Postby Swift » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:38 pm

Watermelons.
Swift

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to The Lunch Room