Samoa - New 2017 model Toyota Coaster GX hit the streets

Overseas related photos, videos, sound clips etc.

Moderator: Mr OC Benz

Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
ptlivestock

Samoa - New 2017 model Toyota Coaster GX hit the streets

Post by ptlivestock »

Heres three of seven noted 2017 model Toyota Coaster GX that entered service in Samoa in October 2017. They seem to have been snapped up pretty quickly and may have been pre-ordered considering the regos are in a group.

Ive concluded GX based on Toyota images and info on line so I hope I'm correct, with the LX definitely being the SWB version. But, I am not sure how the EX version varies from the GX as it seems to have the same body length.(the local Asco web pages have not been updated for the 2017 model)

Enjoy
Peter

lunchbox
Favourite Vehicle: Bicycle - no waiting - on time

Re: Samoa - New 2017 model Toyota Coaster GX hit the streets

Post by lunchbox »

Love the air intake!.....almost defines the word "vulnerable".
ptlivestock

Post by ptlivestock »

lunchbox wrote:Love the air intake!.....almost defines the word "vulnerable".
They've been been standard for Pacific models for at least ten years and they tend to be guarded at peril in Samoa as Ive never seen one missing. Flooded causeways and even
Apia town streets are every so often impassable for anything with wheel level intakes .... ;-)
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

What a kaleidescope of colourful buses in the background,Peter.What is your estimate of the number of operators and buses in Tonga.There seems to be a multitude of small operators.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

The EX is probably the "luxury" model with fixed windows and a plug door.

In Australia, they are sold in "standard" or "deluxe" versions of the LWB model
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
ptlivestock

Post by ptlivestock »

burrumbus wrote:What a kaleidescope of colourful buses in the background,Peter.What is your estimate of the number of operators and buses in Tonga.There seems to be a multitude of small operators.
Apologies burrumbus as Ive been tied up the last couple of weeks so only just seen your post. These new Toyota Coaster are in Samoa ;-)

I'm in the process of updating my national fleet list so I can myself have an accurate figure but theres been a lot of rebuilding renumbering going on over the last 7 years so its difficult in some cases to know whats dropped off and whats been rebuilt. Old Toyota lorries are being bodied as buses also. Roughly then theres probably 350 buses in total mainly with small operators with one or two vehicles, then theres around 10 operators with 5 to 10 vehicles and a couple with 15 or so.

Regards
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

lunchbox wrote:Love the air intake!.....almost defines the word "vulnerable".
We had a few of the 80s model Toyotas in Sydney back then. They were very susceptible to sucking up water from even minor flooding on the roads, and didn't perform very well with cylinders full of water LOL
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
ptlivestock

Post by ptlivestock »

burrumbus wrote:What a kaleidescope of colourful buses in the background,Peter.What is your estimate of the number of operators and buses in Tonga.There seems to be a multitude of small operators.
As mentioned my photos of new Coasters were in Samoa. But in case you want an estimate on Tonga, I did the main island of Tongatapu in November and copped almost everything that is currently active. There are a small number of buses in service on Vavau, and I believe also on Haapai and Eua but I dont have details. On Tongatapu there are a couple of operators with up to ten vehicles but it seemed most are single bus operations,.

I saw :-
115 with B rego plates, Mainly Civilians but a sprinkling of mid size and full size ones (up to ten B plated ones of these derelict).
8 with P (Govt) plates, mid and full size buses of which one was derelict
20 with PRB (Private Registered Bus) plates. mainly full size buses all second hand all in service

Regards

Return to “Overseas Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc.”