Two Australian GBW Scanias at Lautoka Fiji

Overseas related photos, videos, sound clips etc.

Moderator: Mr OC Benz

Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
ptlivestock

Two Australian GBW Scanias at Lautoka Fiji

Post by ptlivestock »

Peter N Dean Photo - Tourist Transport Fiji CP791(left) CQ596(right) - Lautoka - 19Mar2017

Ex Australian Scanias with GBW bodies still in in existence in Lautoka Fiji. Both have been out of service since around early 2010 understood initially for mechanical repairs. They were originally imported into Fiji by Murrays (Fiji)Ltd and subsequently sold to TTF

Below is a Kieth Rapley photo of CP791 in 2001 in a TTf livery of that period

Regards
Peter Trevor
Attachments
Peter Dean - Tourist Transport Fiji CP791(left) CQ576(right) - Lautoka - 19Mar2017.jpg
TTF_CP791_Nov2001_KeithRapley_xn1000.jpg
Last edited by ptlivestock on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: Two Australian GBW Scanias at Lautoka Fiji

Post by boronia »

GBW is actually not Grafton Bodyworks.

Murrays bought these second hand for their CountryLink SYD-CBR contract in the late 1980s and were in CL livery initially. I think there may have been 3 or 4 of them, all went to Fiji, along with some Nissan Civilians.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
ptlivestock

Post by ptlivestock »

boronia wrote:GBW is actually not Grafton Bodyworks.

Murrays bought these second hand for their CountryLink SYD-CBR contract in the late 1980s and were in CL livery initially. I think there may have been 3 or 4 of them, all went to Fiji, along with some Nissan Civilians.
;-) ;-) Sincerest apologies boronia. Goodness knows how I came about that Grafton Bodyworks bit as the only reference I have on these in my records is GBW and no knowledge at all of what it means. (Mind must have been on some other track while I was preparing the posting) Heres a photo that I took of the plate in the stairwell of CP791 which is apparently GBW 63. Ive amended my original posting accordingly

There were only two went to Fiji along with four Civilians registered CP793 CP795 CP796 CP797, and I have an idea there were another two CP792 and CP794 which have been subsequently renumbered

Regards
Attachments
dscn5492xn-TTF CP791.jpg
dscn5492xn-TTF CP791.jpg (93.82 KiB) Viewed 15481 times
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

GBW was the acronym of three partners - Leigh GAMER, Dudley BREWER and Charlie WINTER. They constructed high-quality coaches between 1971 and 1990 at Archerfield, south of Brisbane.

The three partners were former Denning employees who left in early 1971 to form their own enterprise. They built 90 buses and coaches all up - including 25 for Clarrie Skennar.

Return to “Overseas Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc.”