[JR] JR Freight

Overseas related photos, videos, sound clips etc.

Moderator: Mr OC Benz

Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Sir Pompously
Favourite Vehicle: Renault PR100.3

[JR] JR Freight

Post by Sir Pompously »

Various photos of JR Freight locomotives from my recent travels. I have not photographed JRF much, so it was good to be able to finally get some photos of their awesome locomotives!

JR Freight EF 81 453 leads a freight service through Shimamoto

JRF EF 210 116 is seen moving through Shimamoto

JR Freight EF 510 9 a "Red Thunder" locomotive is seen passing through Oshikiri station

Wrong platform, dammit! JRF EF 81 633 is seen passing through Oshikiri on a freight service

JRF EF 510 8 a "Red Thunder" locomotive is seen passing between Kita-Nagaoka and Oshikiri stations

JR Freight DF-200 51 is seen at Goryokaku to transfer freight to electric traction. DF 200 series locomotives are named "Red Bear".

JR Freight EH-500 8 is seen ready to collect its train from the yard at Goryokaku to run through the Seikan Tunnel into Honshu. The logo on the side of the train is the logo for its class, this being Kintarō. Kintarō is from Japanese folklore, is said to be a child of superhuman strength raised by a mountain hag on Mount Ashigara and friendly with the animals there.

JR Freight EH-500 52 from the EH-500 "Kinatro" class is seen moving through Ichinoseki

Shunting, Japan style! JRF DF-200 123 is seen shunting to collect one lonely freight wagon near Hakodate
Heritage Officer
Retired ACT Transport Employees Club
Ikarbus

Re: [JR] JR Freight

Post by Ikarbus »

Love that the freight train drivers are wearing a tie!

Re: [JR] JR Freight

Post by 2765 »

Thank you for the nice photos as i model these loco, wish one day to visit there.

Return to “Overseas Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc.”