More changes for Ellenbrook

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

laptop15

More changes for Ellenbrook

Post by laptop15 »

From the TP website, look good:
Proposed Transperth changes in Aveley and Ellenbrook

Transperth is proposing the introduction of a new bus service for Aveley residents (route 337) and service changes to routes 334, 336 and 955 to make more efficient use of Transperth services and meet passenger demand in the region.

Services are proposed to change as follows:
Route 337: Ellenbrook Transfer Station to Ellenbrook Town Centre via Aveley (new service)

New Monday to Saturday service operating between Ellenbrook Transfer Station and the Ellenbrook Town Centre via Aveley.
Operate every 10-20 minutes in peak, every 30 minutes off peak and every 30 minutes on Saturdays.
Provide residents of Aveley with regular public transport for the first time. Services will connect at the Ellenbrook Transfer Station to high frequency routes 955 and 956 to Bassendean and Morley Bus Station.
This will be an accessible service
This new route will appear on the Eastern 101 timetable.

Route 955: Ellenbrook North to Morley Bus Station via Bassendean Station (frequency improvement on Saturdays)

Saturday day time frequency will improve from every 60 minutes to every 30 minutes.

Route 334: Ellenbrook to Ellenbrook Town Centre via Coolamon Estate (frequency rationalisation on Saturdays)

Saturday services will be rationalised due to extremely poor patronage. Services will operate every 60 minutes (previously every 30 minutes).
The Route 955 service (which is being upgraded to every 30 minutes) may be an option for some passengers.

Route 336: Ellenbrook Transfer Station to Ellenbrook via Woodlake and Charlottes Vineyard Estate (frequency rationalisation on Saturdays)

Saturday services will be rationalised due to extremely poor patronage. Services will operate every 60 minutes (previously every 30 minutes).
The Route 955 service (which is being upgraded to every 30 minutes) may be an option for some passengers.

There are no changes proposed to the 335 or the 956 services as a part of this service revision.

These service changes are planned for implementation in July 2011.

Representatives from Transperth and Swan Transit will be available to discuss the proposed service changes as follows:
Thursday 16 June 2011

The shops at Ellenbrook Shopping Centre
Corner of Pinaster Pde and The Promenade, Ellenbrook
2.00pm to 7.00pm

Saturday 18 June 2011

The shops at Ellenbrook Shopping Centre
Corner of Pinaster Pde and The Promenade, Ellenbrook
10.00am to 3.00pm.

Click here to download a map of the proposed Ellenbrook/Aveley bus network.

Click here to download a feedback form and email it to transperthplanning@pta.wa.gov.au to provide feedback on these proposed changes before close of business on Friday 24 June. Please note that you will not receive a reply to your submission.

For more information on these proposed changes, please call the Transperth InfoLine on 13 62 13 (TTY: 9428 1999, TIS: 13 14 50).
(http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Service ... fault.aspx)

Seems good, I never saw the need for the 334/6 to have 30min Saturday services - though Sunday services would of been nice. The 337 to me is a great start for expanding bus services in the region, looks like the budget investment in PT will go far.
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Re: More changes for Ellenbrook

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Funnily enough, it was something I was discussing with them back when they first introduced better services for Ellenbrook. I saw the lack of any service in Aveley. As for the 334/336 frequency, I always go up there and I find even though the patronage isn't great, its more of a taxi service with the odd person hopping on, going to a friends house, to the shops or to the City. I use it quite a bit to get around Ellenbrook, its always been dead but it allows for photo opportunities in the area! Good to see the 955 improved on Saturdays, I knew it was needed from the beginning. Except there is always a dead spot around 1230-1400 where you get no one on the 955.

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”