• Advertisement

Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Victorian Timetable and Service Changes

Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby paulbrown3 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:55 pm

I have tweeted on the metro Melbourne twitter page that they provide to one and all on there that they restore the working timetable pdf. If u agree use @metrotrains #MelbWTT
Last edited by paulbrown3 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
paulbrown3
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:37 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby Newcastle Flyer » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:42 pm

paulbrown3 wrote:I have tweeted on the metro Melbourne twitter page that they provide to one and all on there that they restore the working timetable pdf. If u agree use #MelbWTT
I'm not sure why he put the hash sign in front, but why would a passenger (not train enthusiast) want the working timetable, instead of a public timetable?
AUSTRALIA DAY - The most sacred day for Australians.
User avatar
Newcastle Flyer
 
Posts: 3672
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:20 pm
Location: Somewhere between here, there & anywhere!
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby paulbrown3 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:56 pm

Newcastle Flyer wrote:
paulbrown3 wrote:I have tweeted on the metro Melbourne twitter page that they provide to one and all on there that they restore the working timetable pdf. If u agree use #MelbWTT
I'm not sure why he put the hash sign in front, but why would a passenger (not train enthusiast) want the working timetable, instead of a public timetable?


The hash (#) tags make the topic popular. Also I said it as train enthusiast.
User avatar
paulbrown3
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:37 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby RailwayBus » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Newcastle Flyer wrote:
paulbrown3 wrote:I have tweeted on the metro Melbourne twitter page that they provide to one and all on there that they restore the working timetable pdf. If u agree use #MelbWTT
I'm not sure why he put the hash sign in front, but why would a passenger (not train enthusiast) want the working timetable, instead of a public timetable?


Hash tags are used on many social networking sites.

https://support.twitter.com/entries/493 ... gs-symbols
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
User avatar
RailwayBus
 
Posts: 4055
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 9:40 am
Location: Melbourne
Has thanked: 374 times
Been thanked: 262 times
Favourite Vehicle: Train or tram.

Re: Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby Mike M » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:19 pm

It is already on there through the following link:

http://www.metrotrains.com.au/About-us/ ... table.html
Mike M
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:35 pm
Location: Carnegie, Vic
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby paulbrown3 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Mike M wrote:It is already on there through the following link:

http://www.metrotrains.com.au/About-us/ ... table.html


At one point a couple of months ago there was only a 1 page pdf advising persons wanting the wtt to email a person at metro.
User avatar
paulbrown3
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:37 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby lukey boy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:30 pm

paulbrown3 wrote:
Mike M wrote:It is already on there through the following link:

http://www.metrotrains.com.au/About-us/ ... table.html


At one point a couple of months ago there was only a 1 page pdf advising persons wanting the wtt to email a person at metro.


Is there anyway you get get a hard copy of one?
User avatar
lukey boy
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:06 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby Mike M » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:06 am

lukey boy wrote:Is there anyway you get get a hard copy of one?

Try the Railfan Shop in the City.
Mike M
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:35 pm
Location: Carnegie, Vic
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby lukey boy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Mike M wrote:
lukey boy wrote:Is there anyway you get get a hard copy of one?

Try the Railfan Shop in the City.


Where abouts in the city are they located?
And how much would it be if they do have one?
User avatar
lukey boy
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:06 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby RailwayBus » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:40 pm

lukey boy wrote:
Mike M wrote:Try the Railfan Shop in the City.


Where abouts in the city are they located?
And how much would it be if they do have one?


Market Street
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
User avatar
RailwayBus
 
Posts: 4055
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 9:40 am
Location: Melbourne
Has thanked: 374 times
Been thanked: 262 times
Favourite Vehicle: Train or tram.

Re: Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby lukey boy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:06 pm

RailwayBus wrote:
lukey boy wrote:Where abouts in the city are they located?
And how much would it be if they do have one?


Market Street


Do you have to pay for it or not?
User avatar
lukey boy
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:06 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby Mike M » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:13 pm

lukey boy wrote:Do you have to pay for it or not?

Yes you do. Copies I have seen in there for sale have cost around the $40 mark.
Mike M
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:35 pm
Location: Carnegie, Vic
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby krustyklo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:19 pm

In the past Connex issued some Working Timetables as CDs which from memory were cheaper (around $26?). Not sure if that still happens but worth checking out if $40 is more than you plan to spend!
User avatar
krustyklo
 
Posts: 1866
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:12 am
Location: Bundoora, VIC
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby Craig » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:50 pm

krustyklo wrote:In the past Connex issued some Working Timetables as CDs which from memory were cheaper (around $26?). Not sure if that still happens but worth checking out if $40 is more than you plan to spend!


$26 could buy plenty of blank CDs (and cases) to save the online PDF onto. :P

Kind Regards


Craig :)
User avatar
Craig
 
Posts: 3115
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:26 pm
Location: Edithvale, VIC
Has thanked: 554 times
Been thanked: 197 times

Re: Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby krustyklo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:01 pm

$26 could buy plenty of blank CDs (and cases) to save the online PDF onto. :P


LOL true. In those days Connex didn't publish the WTT online so it was the only way to get one. Nowadays you'd just download it so I'm not sure why someone wouldn't do that, but clearly above in the thread someone would prefer a printed version so I suggested an alternative if they didn't want to download it or spend $40...
User avatar
krustyklo
 
Posts: 1866
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:12 am
Location: Bundoora, VIC
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby CB80 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:07 am

paulbrown3 wrote:At one point a couple of months ago there was only a 1 page pdf advising persons wanting the wtt to email a person at metro.

One would've thought you'd check it still wasn't available before making a big deal about it on their twitter.
User avatar
CB80
 
Posts: 3720
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: Melbourne.
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 185 times
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Tiger

Re: Metro Melbourne Working Timetable

Postby lukey boy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:21 am

Does anyone know who to email at Metro in regards to the Working Timetable for the timetables commencing 22nd April 2012?
User avatar
lukey boy
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:06 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times


Return to VIC Timetable News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests