2007 Monash University Inter-Campus Shuttle Services

Melbourne / Victoria Transport Discussion

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Craig

2007 Monash University Inter-Campus Shuttle Services

Post by Craig »

Dear All

Monash University have announced the timetables for their inter-campus shuttle services for 2007.

Key changes:
  • A new Berwick - Peninusula route, which will include a stop at Lyall St, Cranbourne
  • Clayton - Caulfield shuttle is retained, but frequency drops from 20 mins to 25 mins. On the upside, the last bus is now 21:15 rather than 20:10
  • Passengers will now have to pay to use the services. You can either buy a $2 one-way ticket from an at stop machine or purchase a Monash Community Card, which also gives you other benefits.
  • "...in 2007 larger buses than previously used will service the Clayton to Berwick and Clayton to Peninsula runs and the new Peninsula to Berwick service." (eg: no more Rosas or Coasters)
Timetables for the various shuttle routes can be viewed here: http://www.monash.edu.au/campuses/metro/shuttle.html

Kind Regards

Craig :)
Grenda Driver
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94

Post by Grenda Driver »

Starts as of next Monday, currently advertising for drivers.
Mercedes
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Mercedes »

Grenda Driver wrote:Starts as of next Monday, currently advertising for drivers.

Wonder if our dear grenda corp driver come board member Eratik will end up on it :P
Proud 0305G x2 and 0405 x1 owner
Nexas

Post by Nexas »

Mercedes wrote:
Grenda Driver wrote:Starts as of next Monday, currently advertising for drivers.

Wonder if our dear grenda corp driver come board member Eratik will end up on it :P
Chances are he'll get stuck there because he's the new guy and nobody else will do it! :P :wink: :lol:
Views expressed by me are strictly my own, not of my friends, employer, or anyone else.
mjja

Post by mjja »

Will the same buses be doing the run?

I had assumed that since the shuttles disappeared at the same time as 900 came online, they weren't coming back.
Happy Gunzelling and remember, "Go By Rail!"

Michael Angelico
Mike M

Post by Mike M »

The shuttles continued running after the 900 started.

Mike M.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Dear All

Today marked the start of the new shuttle services.

The Clayton - Peninsula & Clayton - Berwick shuttles are now run by Grendas rather than Crown.

I can also say I was the only person on the first ever Peninsula - Berwick Campus service this morning, which I assume is run by Peninsula rather than Grendas, as #349 (Nissan Civilian) was used. There is no sign at the Lyall St interchange as to which bay it will use, so the driver just stopped at the 841 bus bay, as it had a Grenda Corporation Bus stop sign. No intending passengers to pick up however.

In regards to the fares, there is free travel until March 19. No sign of the ticket machines.

I've posted some photos into the photo section. See:
http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20475 &
http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20476

Kind Regards

Craig :)

Return to “Discussion - Melbourne / VIC”