Route 900 TT

Melbourne / Victoria Transport Discussion

Moderator: MAN 16.242

PaxInfo

Route 900 TT

Post by PaxInfo »

I received a timetable today and wrote a long blog post about it.

But in brief it's 15 min weekdays, 30 min nights/weekends. Services run direct along Princes Hwy and do not deviate through Chadstone*.

Mon - Sat operating hours are similar to trains. Like Route 700 some Sunday services start before the trains do, so there's the possibility of some interesting early bus-only transfers at Oakleigh.

The TT doesn't mention any intersecting routes or even railway stations that are only 300m from the route (eg Carnegie) and the map is fairly rudimentary. As mentioned elsewhere no word on whether 900 is limited stop or not.

There's also a minor typo - can anyone spot it?

Peter

(*) This makes it more comparable in travel time to (say) the Monash Uni intercampus bus.
Are you being served? Service aspects of public transport in Melbourne http://melbourneontransit.blogspot.com & MelbOnTransit on Twitter.
Yusry
Favourite Vehicle: Merc O.305 Alexander R

Post by Yusry »

Just a quick question.

Does it run in Zone 1 between Huntingdale Stn and Monash Uni like the existing route 630, or otherwise?
PaxInfo

Post by PaxInfo »

yusry wrote:Just a quick question.

Does it run in Zone 1 between Huntingdale Stn and Monash Uni like the existing route 630
Yes.

The 1 & 2 overlap is Chadstone - Monash Uni. The 2 & 3 overlap is from Monash Uni - Wanda Rd. Zone 3 only after that.

Come to think of it, I think this might be the only bus route that runs in all three zones (excluding 684 which doesn't really count) ;)

Peter
Are you being served? Service aspects of public transport in Melbourne http://melbourneontransit.blogspot.com & MelbOnTransit on Twitter.
Nexas

Post by Nexas »

Meltrip.. wrote: Come to think of it, I think this might be the only bus route that runs in all three zones (excluding 684 which doesn't really count) ;)
How about route 304, Ringwood to City?
Views expressed by me are strictly my own, not of my friends, employer, or anyone else.
PaxInfo

Post by PaxInfo »

Nexas wrote:
Meltrip.. wrote: Come to think of it, I think this might be the only bus route that runs in all three zones (excluding 684 which doesn't really count) ;)
Yep. And it's genuine 1+2+3 going through an exclusive zone 2 as well!
Yusry
Favourite Vehicle: Merc O.305 Alexander R

Post by Yusry »

Meltrip.. wrote:
yusry wrote:Just a quick question.

Does it run in Zone 1 between Huntingdale Stn and Monash Uni like the existing route 630
Yes.

The 1 & 2 overlap is Chadstone - Monash Uni. The 2 & 3 overlap is from Monash Uni - Wanda Rd. Zone 3 only after that.
Thanks Peter. Excellent news then as I usually stay at a friend's place in Clayton whenever I am in Melbourne and would usually use a Zone 1 ticket to the City. This should also help to ease the load on route 630 too.
Grenda Driver
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94

Post by Grenda Driver »

Monash Uni will now be Zone 1, 2 and 3 all at the same time. Yes, the 900 IS a limited stop service, with only about 10 stops throughout the entire route.
Nexas

Post by Nexas »

Grenda Driver wrote:Monash Uni will now be Zone 1, 2 and 3 all at the same time.
Monash Uni already is.... just not on the same route though.
Views expressed by me are strictly my own, not of my friends, employer, or anyone else.
PaxInfo

Post by PaxInfo »

Grenda Driver wrote:Monash Uni will now be Zone 1, 2 and 3 all at the same time.
That's been the case for some time, so I think the main novelty will be the one route spanning all three.

It will be interesting to see how you'll cope with 'duck outs' - ie those wanting to go to Zone 1 from Zone 3 without a ticket covering Zone 2. It could always be done, but with the 900, I'd imagine that there'll be people who'll alight, then rejoin the queue to go in, validating their Zone 1!

Peter
Craig

Post by Craig »

Nexas wrote:
Also 306 (North Ringwood - City) - the final section of the route is Zone 3 only.

Kind Regards

Craig :)
Richmond boy

Post by Richmond boy »

Grenda Driver,

Just asking when does the first 828 operated by Grendas bus lines get to Berwick station on a Friday afternoon after the 3:08pm service, because ive been looking out for the 900 timetable, but the 3:48pm service all this week have been operated by Moorabbin Transit.

If you can notify me, and the other members before 1:25pm on Friday 13th October, that would be great.

Regards,

Luke
Grenda Driver

Post by Grenda Driver »

Off the top of my head, it's a 1403 pickup from the depot going to Berwick, which is the 1448 into Berwick. I'm unsure as to what the next one is. Sorry.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Luke Hildred wrote:Grenda Driver,

Just asking when does the first 828 operated by Grendas bus lines get to Berwick station on a Friday afternoon after the 3:08pm service, because ive been looking out for the 900 timetable, but the 3:48pm service all this week have been operated by Moorabbin Transit.
Luke, I am disheartened to see that you no longer are addressing your questions to me. :cry: :P

Assuming that the 16:08 arrival into Berwick forms the 16:10 departure, I'd almost guarantee this trip is run by Grendas, as it terminates at Dandenong on the 16:10 trip.

However, I would recommend you go to the depot yourself to get hold of the timetable, rather than try to get one off a bus, as its somewhat doubtful that the driver or TT rack will have a copy, especially given that the bus will be running an unrelated route.

Kind Regards

Craig :)
Richmond boy

Post by Richmond boy »

[quote="Craig
Luke, I am disheartened to see that you no longer are addressing your questions to me. :cry: :P

Assuming that the 16:08 arrival into Berwick forms the 16:10 departure, I'd almost guarantee this trip is run by Grendas, as it terminates at Dandenong on the 16:10 trip.

However, I would recommend you go to the depot yourself to get hold of the timetable, rather than try to get one off a bus, as its somewhat doubtful that the driver or TT rack will have a copy, especially given that the bus will be running an unrelated route.

Kind Regards

Craig :)[/quote]

Craig,

Just to correct you that most of the trips that arrive at Berwick station at 4:08pm are operated by [b]Moorabbin Transit[/b] which leaves at 4:23pm.

[b]Grendas[/b] send out a bus to go to Dandenong for the 4:10pm run as I use to stay on the 837 on a Friday night because it changed to the 839.

Regards,

Luke
Richmond boy

Post by Richmond boy »

Dear all,

As I am planning on taking photos of the smartbuses tomorrow at the Grenda depot, can anyone tell me where abouts in the yard the buses are placed.

If someone can tell me, that would be muchly appriciated.

Regards,

Luke
Grenda Driver

Post by Grenda Driver »

You would be lucky to find them there tomorrow. All 10 of them are down at Volgren in Dandenong getting commisioned. I've been told that they are being transported back Sunday night, and noone has any idea where they are going to be placed in the already crowded yards.
Richmond boy

Post by Richmond boy »

Grenda Driver,

Is it possible that ill be able to get a 900 TT tomorrow from the yard?

Regards,

Luke
railex

Post by railex »

The full route 900 timetable and map is online at

http://www.kefford.com.au/900.htm

hope these answers some questions

its not a bad route freqency wise 15 mins service untill 8.30pm monday to friday

http://www.kefford.com.au/900.htm
Richmond boy

Post by Richmond boy »

Does Grendas or Keffords operate route 900?

If Grenas operate it, why has Keffords got the 900 TT on there website?

Regards,

Luke
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

Luke Hildred wrote:Does Grendas or Keffords operate route 900?

If Grenas operate it, why has Keffords got the 900 TT on there website?

Regards,

Luke
Luke, as has been mentioned several times over the past months both Grendas & Kefford (Eastrans) are running the 900.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

Does anybody know what the pattern of trips will be run by different operators - ie will every 2nd trip be run by Grendas and the rest run by Eastrans, or will it be like the 400 where two trips in a row are run by SITA, two by Westrans, two by SITA, etc...? :?
Mercedes
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Mercedes »

I hazard a guess and say the trips that end at Huntingdale at night and Monash uni will be eastrans there a start for you.
Proud 0305G x2 and 0405 x1 owner

Return to “Discussion - Melbourne / VIC”