New V/Line timetables are out.

Melbourne / Victoria Transport Discussion

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Melbournetransport

New V/Line timetables are out.

Post by Melbournetransport »

New V/Line timetables are out. There are 5 books the show new timetables, I got all 5 copies last week from Spencer Street Station. :P

it a booklet with vline timetables inside
Craig

Post by Craig »

Melbournetransport,

Are you referring to the brochures entitled "More trains, More often, when you want to travel":?:

Yes, there are 5 brochures, one for each line (Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Gippsland & Seymour)

They contain a statement from the minster, a table showing what customers were asking for in the new timetable & how V/line responded, and of course the new train timetables as shown on the V/line website, with the various annotations to highlight the various improvements (eg additional services, extra stops, school consideration, flagship service etc).

These are merely to promote the changes to customers, and are not the official timetables - these will come out in late August, once the new coach timetables are finalised.

Southern Cross station only got a limited stock of these brochures, and only 2 days after the changes were announced, the information desk had already run out of the Ballarat & Bendigo line versions.

However, for those who still need to obtain a copy, the V/line ticket office at the coach terminal still had ample copies available on Thursday, so this would probably be the place to head if you want the set.

In addition, V/line has printed the Timetable 2006 – what it means for your station PDFs as shown on the website as A4 flyers.

However, these flyers seem to be only obtainable at the actual station, not Southern Cross. I have a few spare copies of the Warrnambool, South Geelong & Geelong ones though - if anyone is interested PM/email me.

Kind Regards

Craig :)
Melbournetransport

Post by Melbournetransport »

New V/Line timetables are out. There are 4 books the show new timetables, I got all 4 copies last week from Spencer Street Station, no gisspland timetable. Razz

Plus the new Connex’s timetables are out, which includes the night services.
(Williamstown/Werribee , Broadmeadows and Sydenham) and also includes the late night services for October.
Nexas

Post by Nexas »

Melbournetransport wrote: Plus the new Connex’s timetables are out, which includes the night services.
(Williamstown/Werribee , Broadmeadows and Sydenham) and also includes the late night services for October.
This was already reported earlier this week, and it was reported correctly too.
  • Werribee, Williamstown and Sydenham

Broadmeadows and Upfield
Views expressed by me are strictly my own, not of my friends, employer, or anyone else.
Mike M

Post by Mike M »

The following regional timetable booklets are now available at Southern Cross, all dated September 2006.

Northern Victoria (Yellow)

South Western Victoria (Blue)

Western Victoria (Teal)

North Eastern Victoria (Orange) is still to come, and of course Eastern Victoria (Green) is not expected until early October.

The most obvious change with the new booklets is that individual table nos. are no longer used for the timetables.

One obvious blooper (I am sure there are others!) that I noticed is that the 1710 Sunday train from Echuca is shown as a coach service from Echuca to Bendigo!

Mike M.
Nexas

Post by Nexas »

Those, and North Eastern Victoria are all available at Seymour today, as well as several pocket timetables of different locations around Victoria.
Views expressed by me are strictly my own, not of my friends, employer, or anyone else.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Dear All

Better get your Ballarat/Bacchus Marsh/Melton pocket timetable now if you haven't already! The Western region booklet timetable also contains this error.
http://www.thecourier.com.au/detail.asp?class=news&subclass=general&story_id=506803 wrote: Train misprints fixed
Saturday, 2 September 2006

BALLARAT'S new express train would take a record 61 minutes to reach Melbourne according to V/Line's webpage yesterday, but there was just one problem.

It was a typing error and the departure and arrival dates for the express train on Monday were also wrong.

The problem was almost fixed yesterday evening, although the departure time was still a minute out, reading 7.46am instead of 7.45am.

V/Line's new regional timetable will start operating tomorrow and details of the timetable are available on the webpage http://www.vline.com.au.

A V/Line spokeswoman said it was a misprint and there had been a few since the timetable had come out because many changes had been made.

"It's being fixed. It's very minor," she said.

She said there had been hundreds of documents and no significant problems.

The express train on Monday will take 64 minutes to reach Melbourne from Ballarat.

<snip>
There is a updated version of the pocket timetable on the V/line website - http://www.vline.com.au/timetables

Kind Regards

Craig

Post by Craig »

Dear All
http://tinyurl.com/fhyzk wrote: FROM THE MINISTER FOR TRANSPORT

DATE: Wednesday, September 13, 2006

MORE TOWNS LINKED TO ‘FLAGSHIP’ GIPPSLAND FAST RAIL SERVICE

An extra afternoon stop at Garfield and three new TrainLink bus services will be added to the Regional Fast Rail Network’s “flagship” Latrobe Valley service, Transport Minister Peter Batchelor announced today.

“These upgrades will make it easier for residents of towns between Pakenham and Moe to use the fastest weekday afternoon service,” Mr Batchelor said.

“The Government and V/Line have listened to customer feedback from communities in this region and made these changes to ensure that the benefits of Regional Fast Rail are shared as widely as possible.

“I want to thank Matt Viney and Ian Maxfield for the job they have done in consulting with the community and representing the interests of the V/Line passengers.”

The new Garfield stop is midway between the end of the suburban network at Pakenham and the next stop at Drouin, providing the most convenient connection for passengers from Nar Nar Goon, Tynong, Bunyip and Longwarry.

Two of the new TrainLink bus services will connect with the train at Garfield.

TrainLink 1 will travel from Pakenham to Drouin, stopping at Nar Nar Goon, Tynong, Garfield - in time to connect with the flagship train service - Bunyip and Longwarry. This service will enable passengers from the end of the metropolitan rail system to access these communities and the flagship train.

TrainLink 2 is a trial service that will connect with the flagship train at Garfield and travel to Tynong and Nar Nar Goon.

The third new trial bus service will connect the flagship train service to towns east of Warragul.

TrainLink 3 was announced by the Minister recently and will meet the flagship train at Warragul and travel to Nilma, Darnum, Yarragon, Trafalgar and Moe.

Mr Batchelor said a suburban Connex service can be used to enable passengers travelling from stations between Caulfield and Dandenong to join the flagship train at Dandenong.

The Connex service will leave Flinders Street at 4.43pm and arrive at Dandenong at 5.32pm, ahead of the flagship train due at 5.35pm. It will reach Caulfield at 5.04pm and then stop all stations to Dandenong, including Oakleigh at 5.12pm and Clayton at 5.17pm.

“Our program to revitalise regional public transport involves hundreds of new and revised train and bus services across the State and it’s inevitable that some fine-tuning will be needed,” Mr Batchelor said.

“These solutions have been worked out as a result of last week’s meeting with commuters organised by the Government MPs for the area, Matt Viney and Ian Maxfield.

“The meeting assisted in providing the Government and V/Line with a range of options to improve access to the Regional Fast Rail Network for these communities.

“The extra stop at Garfield and the new TrainLink bus services will enable the great majority of residents in this area to use the premier train service on the Latrobe Valley line.”
Full times for the Trainlink services can be viewed at the bottom of the above media release. See http://tinyurl.com/fhyzk

Kind Regards

jarf
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UA/Volgren CR228L

Post by jarf »

Trainlink: A vote-grabbing exercise designed to "benefit" people who get left out because of Bracks' policy of speed over frequency.

:roll:
Random Gunzel Insanity - http://jarfness.blogspot.com/
playaplaya

Post by playaplaya »

nexas a little less attitude please every topic of yours has attitude in them
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

Does anybody know what operator will run these once-daily "Trainlink" services? And does anybody know if free travel on these services will be included with V/Line tickets, like they are on Geelong, Ballarat & Bendigo Buses? :D
jarf
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UA/Volgren CR228L

Post by jarf »

XTrampoline wrote:Does anybody know what operator will run these once-daily "Trainlink" services? And does anybody know if free travel on these services will be included with V/Line tickets, like they are on Geelong, Ballarat & Bendigo Buses? :D
I'm under the impression that they'll be V/Line services - and an applicable V/Line ticket could be used.
Random Gunzel Insanity - http://jarfness.blogspot.com/
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

jarf wrote:
XTrampoline wrote:Does anybody know what operator will run these once-daily "Trainlink" services? And does anybody know if free travel on these services will be included with V/Line tickets, like they are on Geelong, Ballarat & Bendigo Buses? :D
I'm under the impression that they'll be V/Line services - and an applicable V/Line ticket could be used.
Although you have to remember that all V/Line coach services are contracted out to private operators ;)

I wonder if they will use coaches or route service/school type buses - seems a waste running a coach on runs that are only 10-30 minutes long.
Nexas

Post by Nexas »

XTrampoline wrote:
jarf wrote: I'm under the impression that they'll be V/Line services - and an applicable V/Line ticket could be used.
Although you have to remember that all V/Line coach services are contracted out to private operators
A V/Line coach service contracted out to private operators is still a V/Line coach service.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Dear All

The new Eastern Region timetables will start this Sunday, October 15.

Meanwhile, the majority of pocket timetables for other regions effective 3rd September are being reprinted, with new updated timetables dated 15 October 2006.

The new pocket timetables are online as PDFs at http://www.vline.com.au/timetables

Kind Regards

Bradley
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M Mk4, Volgren Artic.

Post by Bradley »

V/line.

The following new V/line colours pocketsize trains & coaches timetables I picked up from Melbourne today are:

Traralgon - Warragul - Melbourne (Green Large).
Bairnsdale - Melbourne. Includes Lakes Entrance & Lakes Tyers (Green Large).
Maffra - Melbourne via Sale & Traralgon (Green Large).
Batesmans Bay - Narooma - Melbourne. Includes Genoa - Mallacoota & Sapphire Coast Link (Green Large).
Inverlock - Phillips Island - Melbourne Green Large).
Yarram - Leongatha - Melbourne (Green Large).

All dated 15th October, 2006.

And.

The following timetables updated 15th October, 2006 are:

Bendigo - Kyneton - Sunbury - Melbourne. Includes Lancefield (Yellow Very Large). [Replace Sunbury - Melbourne].
Daylesford - Melbourne via Woodend or via Ballarat (Yellow Large).
Canberra - Melbourne via Albury or via Bairnsdale (Orange Large).
Shepparton - Melbourne. Includes Cobrum & Tocumwal (Orange Large).
Ballarat - Bacchus March - Melton - Melbourne (Teal Large).
Ararat - Melbourne (Teal Large) [Now include the 12.15pm from Ararat to Melbourne].
Nhill - Dimboola - Horsham - Melbourne. Includes Grampian Link [Halls Gap - Melbourne]. (Teal Large).

Bradley.
Last edited by Bradley on Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

V/line.

To Add further V/line pocketsize timetable updated 15th October, 2006:

Melbourne
*Bright and Mt Beauty.
*Rutherglen and Corowa
*Yarrawonga and Mulwala.
(Orange Large).

(All in one timetable).

Timetable dated 15th October, 2006.

Bradley.
Nexas

Post by Nexas »

Bradley M wrote: Bendigo - Kyneton - Sunbury - Melbourne. Includes Lancefield (Yellow Very Large). [Replace Sunbury - Melbourne].

For those who haven't seen it, it is twice the height of any other pocket timetable, and folds down in height as well as width.
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

V/Line.

Picked up from Traralgon Station today.

Eastern Victoria (Green) new Train & Coach booklet timetable dated 15th October, 2006.

Bradley.
Mike M

Post by Mike M »

In addition to the Eastern Victoria timetable booklet reported yesterday by Bradley, the Northern, North Eastern, South Western & Western Victoria timetable booklets have also been reissued with a large UPDATED 15 OCTOBER 2006 banner at the top of the front cover.

I was able to pick up a set of all 5 booklets from Richmond Stn today.

Mike M.
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

V/line.

Picked up from Southern Cross Info Desk today.

More V/line pocketsize timetables updated 15th October, 2006 are:

Marshall - Geelong - Melbourne (Blue Large).
Warrnambool - Apollo Bay - Melbourne via Great Ocean Road (Blue Large).

Both dated 15th October, 2006.

Bradley.
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

V/line.

Picked up the Echuca - Melbourne Includes Deniliquin (Yellow Large) updated pocketsize timetable dated 15th October, 2006. at Southern Cross Info Desk today.

Bradley
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

V/line.

The following updated 15th October, 2006 V/line pocketsize timetables I picked up from Bendigo Station today are:

Maryborough - Melbourne (Yellow Large).
Sea Lake - Charlton - Melbourne (Yellow Large).
Adelaide - Melbourne via Bendigo or via Ballarat and Horsham (Yellow Large).
Donald - Melbourne (Yellow Large).
Geelong - Ballarat (Blue Large).

Bradley.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Dear All

More updated 15/10 pocket timetables to report:
  • Albury/Wodonga, Seymour, Craigieburn
  • Barham, Cohuna
  • Barmah
  • Geelong to Ballarat
  • Mt Gambier via Geelong/via Ballarat
  • Ouyen, Hopeton
  • Swan Hill
  • Warrnambool, Apollo Bay via Great Ocean Rd
Picked up at Box Hill's V/line office over the weekend.

Kind Regards

Return to “Discussion - Melbourne / VIC”