• Advertisement

Hong Kong Light Rail

Overseas Transport Discussion

Moderator: Mr OC Benz

Hong Kong Light Rail

Postby boxythingy » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:06 pm

Hong Kong's light rail system is a good example, where there are lots of stops with each fitted with smart card readers. Here is a map of all the stops:

I'm predicting the Inner West Line, Randwick and CBD extensions are only the start to Sydney's light rail revival.
Australia brags about its political system, but their PM says one thing during the election; something else when (s)he takes office, something else at midterm and something else when (s)he leaves.
boxythingy

Re: *Opal Card INFRASTRUCTURE roll-out progress ONLY*

Postby lyjjimmy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:31 pm

boxythingy wrote:Hong Kong's light rail system is a good example, where there are lots of stops with each fitted with smart card readers. Here is a map of all the stops:

I'm predicting the Inner West Line, Randwick and CBD extensions are only the start to Sydney's light rail revival.

Since Octupus Corp. is fully owned by KCR (together with MTR, KMB, CTB and HY Ferry), there is little reason for these companies to refuse such infrastructure update.
lyjjimmy

Re: Hong Kong Light Rail

Postby hkbusfan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:35 pm

boxythingy wrote:Hong Kong's light rail system is a good example, where there are lots of stops with each fitted with smart card readers. Here is a map of all the stops:

I spent a day travelling on just about all those lines :-)
hkbusfan

• Advertisement

Return to Overseas Transport Discussion