Zhongtong Buses and Coaches

Overseas Transport Discussion

Moderator: Mr OC Benz

Rad

Zhongtong Buses and Coaches

Post by Rad »

I received an email tonight from Zhongtong Bus Holdings in Shandong Province, China, extolling the benefits of the buses and coaches they currently manufacture. Not sure why they sent it to me as my bus purchasing days are long past. Apparently they are sending a delegation to Australia some time this year.

Just thought some of you guys may be interested in what they are offering including Chinese Bova's. The email states they produce coaches from 6m to 18m. I certainly hope the long ones are articulated!

http://fl.zhongtong.com/Class.asp?Lang= ... 043008055E
http://www.guideposttours.com.au & www.guidepost-travel.com
Rail and Coach Tours Worldwide
Railway Adventures
NZSL202

Re: Zhongtong Buses and Coaches

Post by NZSL202 »

There's certainly a few turning up in New Zealand, mostly in the South Island with Christchurch Bus Services.

I've only ever seen them stationary. What do you think of the build quality?

Interestingly enough they seem to offer a few different makes of engine/transmission in their units, including some local Chinese-made ones.
ed K

Post by ed K »

Can't look any worse than that designline crap.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

The "Chinese Bova" is certainly a source of inspiration. Nothing like starting off with a 20+ y o design :idea:

Ands how could you ignore such a great write up :
BOVA—International famous bus brand, named “Zhongtong BOVA” in China.

Its “FUTURE”series wins BVVA “2002 best bus modeling prize”, “2003 best securities equipment prize”, “2004 best luxurious level starveling bus prize”,

Zhongtong BOVA uses unitary construction body, manganese steel structure ,matches DAF XE 28001 380horsepower EUROⅢ engine, which has the best specific capacity in China.

ZF independent front axle, makes the bus stead in high speed

ZF 8089 new type steering unit, makes the bus easily control.

ZF front axle caliper disc brake, ZF rear axle drum regulation barker, ZF built-in water absorber make the bus has a dramatic character.

Uses the grate inclination angel, effectively reduced the high speed travel air friction.

The American thermo King temperature air-condition system guarantees step less thermostatic control of the temperature and air quality in the bus.

Moreover, Zhongtong BOVA electric system uses CAN (network control system), greatly reduced the pencil of line, further increased the reliability of the electricity component;

The higher edition ABS/ASR control computer makes the drive and brake more safety and adapts each kind of state of roads.

Use EST42, the high edition of the INTARDER control computer, both installs manual controlled system and foot controlled system, enable the speed control more easily, adapt each kind of state of roads.
I've always wanted to drive a bus with "regulation barkers" on the back axle and a "grate inclination angel" somewhere else. :D
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Windy

Post by Windy »

You might be thinking of the Bova Futura of old, but Bova is still in business.

Return to “Overseas Transport Discussion”