2000s interstate coach services

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

2000s interstate coach services

Post by TA3001 »

I remember bussing it from Adelaide to Sydney (and Canberra) in the mid 2000s. IIRC, these services were operated by Greyhound, but they don't seem to exist anymore, or not at least according to a webpage I looked at.

Nonetheless, I am curious in regards to exactly which route it took, and which towns it served. Would anyone here have this info at hand? It would be interesting to map the route in GE.
Linto63

Re: 2000s interstate coach services

Post by Linto63 »

Direct Sydney - Adelaide Greyhound services ceased a few years ago, still possible to do but now have to go via Melbourne and I think is a codeshare to connect with a codeshare operated by Firefly.

Timetable from 2012 for former direct route https://web.archive.org/web/20120915235 ... elaide.pdf
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Thanks for the link. I managed to find the Adelaide to Sydney .PDF file as well, which mentions at least some of the towns it traveled though.
APCC

Post by APCC »

Originality operated by Murray Valley Coaches in the 60's early 70's then operated by late 70*s and 80's by Ansett Pioneer and finally by Greyhtound since late 80's till mid 2000
if memory serves me correctly
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

IIRC, in the AP days, the service was actually operated by Briscoes? I believe their Volvo artic coach was used on this run for a while.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
flaneur

Post by flaneur »

originally Murray Valley Coaches, I've used their Sydney - Adelaide service and still have the timetable. I have Greyhound timetables but my Ansett - Pioneer timetable water damaged
Silver Eagle
Favourite Vehicle: Kenworth K200 Big Cab

Post by Silver Eagle »

TA3001 wrote:I remember bussing it from Adelaide to Sydney (and Canberra) in the mid 2000s. IIRC, these services were operated by Greyhound, but they don't seem to exist anymore, or not at least according to a webpage I looked at.

Nonetheless, I am curious in regards to exactly which route it took, and which towns it served. Would anyone here have this info at hand? It would be interesting to map the route in GE.
Greyhound and McCaffs both operated via Canberra and the Hay plain (I think they deviated into Griffith as well?).

Greyhound also operated a service via Broken Hill (over the Blue Mtns), though I'm not sure when that one ceased (perhaps when McCaffs took over?).

Knew a couple of the blokes who used to drive them - may even have an old timetable from around that time - will post it if I find it.
The Eagle
Leyland B21
Favourite Vehicle: Former Perth B21 /#32

Post by Leyland B21 »

Need to bring back a coach service from Melbourne to Adelaide to Perth. I love the serenity of the Nullabor Plain

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
You can take the boy out of Armadale W.A but you cant take Armadale out of the boy!!!

Return to “General Transport Discussion”