NL232 question

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

NL232 question

Post by TA3001 »

For a short while now, I've been wondering about what causes a few CNG MAN NL232s to sound as though they have a slightly different diff ratio to other ones. There are ones at Torrens Transit's Camden Park depot which seem to be sound like they have something wrong with them.

1776 is an example of this as it seems to jolt every time it changes between the 2nd and third gears, and it changes to top gear at a tiny little bit under 60kph. It is rather slow as well compared to some others.

Anyhow, there is another example of this which I noticed last year. It could have been my imagination, but it sounded like it wasn't in the best condition. I have attached a short recording of it to this post if anyone wants to have a listen to assist me in nailing the cause of this weird noise. It didn't reach top gear on this run, possibly due to some mechanical fault which affects it's performance.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/du4d16jw98ex7a1/1782.mp3

So, would anyone know why this one and a few others are different in this way?
Bus-1809
Favourite Vehicle: As long as it's not a B7...

Re: NL232 question

Post by Bus-1809 »

Could have a dicky load sensor, telling it to shift a tad early/late.
If it's not a ZF, take it back!

Holder of W.A's largest transport sound recording collection. Over 1,300 recordings of vehicles and constantly expanding for the enjoyment of future generations.

Return to “General Transport Discussion”