• Advertisement

The Ghan

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state

The Ghan

Postby boronia » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:48 pm

I see SBS 31/32 will be airing a marathon 17 hour "ride on The Ghan" on Sunday from 02:40.

Just views out the front of the loco, or out of a carriage window. No music, no commentary, from what I saw of the condensed version recently.
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again May 2018
@ The Museum of Fire.
boronia

Favourite Vehicle: Dennis

Re: The Ghan

Postby tonyp » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:34 am

boronia wrote:I see SBS 31/32 will be airing a marathon 17 hour "ride on The Ghan" on Sunday from 02:40.

Just views out the front of the loco, or out of a carriage window. No music, no commentary, from what I saw of the condensed version recently.

Even the condensed version was the most boring piece of TV I've seen in a long time! They could have livened it up a bit with more use of the cameras in different cars inside the train so that you can see the activity (if you can describe it as such!) inside. The scenery is as boring as hell. The IP goes through a more interesting variety of country. Although there was the odd aerial in the countryside, there was none in the towns to give you a picture of the town around the railway stations. Poor production, but at least it pursuaded me never to waste money on a trip on the Ghan!
Perpetually on a T3 to "I. P. Pavlova, přestup na Metro. Příští zastávka, Náměsti Míru"
tonyp

• Advertisement

Return to General Transport Discussion