• Advertisement

Online bus agency rort

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state

Online bus agency rort

Postby JuanRosa » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:47 am

Been frustrated for a while at the increasing amount of online sites that are offering "Cheap or affordable" bus charter online from an online agency.
These sites are deceptive as they claim to be Australia Wide coach companies but they don't even own a single vehicle. They don't carry accreditation or insurance and use a series of subs to do their jobs. Are people really that desperate for work that they will actually do jobs for them? I find the whole uninsured bus company who does not hold accreditation or registered travel agent status dodgy. How are they allowed to trade?
ones I have found so far are bus charter.com.au, travelsafe.com.au,transportnetworkaustralia.com.au, amazingsydneycoachcharter.com.au, www.premiercoachhire.com.au, planbtransport.com.au, www.minibushire.com.au, www.emptyroads.com.au.
Im sure there are plenty more.
Seems these companies are cheapening an already bottomed out industry. As an example I got a price from one of these mobs to go from Brisbane airport to Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast on a weekend for a 53 seat coach. They quoted me $440 WTF. Logically they are a business so wouldn't take less than 25% off the top, therefor an operator would bee doing the jb for between $330-$350. 5 hrs wages at $48/hr plus super/workcover $8/hr (56/hr x 5 hrs = $290 wages cost) minus GST $30
Income for operator $330
Minus GST - $30
Income after GST $300
Wages cost $290
Money left for bus operation cost including tolls, airport pickup fees, general running cost of bus, fuel, maintenance, rego, cleaning, insurance..........$10
Absolutely absurd, operators need to stop raping each other and boycott these vultures.
JuanRosa

Re: Online bus agency rort

Postby adrian » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:02 pm

Agree 100 per cent, these parasites should not be allowed to operate.
adrian

Re: Online bus agency rort

Postby boronia » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:47 pm

Similar in principal to hotel booking sites, or airline booking sites.

If coach operators are accepting work at these rates, that is their problem, isn't it? They are probably not paying proper wages, but probably wouldn't be if they were quoting direct for the job.

A few years ago I was booking subbies for a large operator in Sydney. I could get quality coaches from quality Newcastle or Wollongong operators cheaper than I could get in Sydney.
The Sydney Classic and Antique Truck (and Bus) Show
On again May 2018
@ The Museum of Fire.
boronia

Favourite Vehicle: Dennis

• Advertisement

Return to General Transport Discussion