Domino/Austral 12.2 m Metroliners?

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
Denv12

Domino/Austral 12.2 m Metroliners?

Post by Denv12 »

Back in the mid 1980s I remember seeing a variety of coaches around Sydney. One company had the Domino/ or Austral Metroliners?
But these were 12.2 m version.I think it was either Clipper Tours or Rambler Tours. They were a decent looking vehicle too.I have driven single axle Volvo B10M's. Does anyone have any photos of those coaches? I dont remember seeing the 12.2 metre version in their adverts. Thanks.
I know there were also a few Austral Starliners too at the time.
Attachments
CAM00491 (507 x 676).jpg
CAM00491 (507 x 676).jpg (68.91 KiB) Viewed 3077 times
CCCC
Favourite Vehicle: Silvereagle and Scenicruiser

Re: Domino/Austral 12.2 m Metroliners?

Post by CCCC »

They were certainly a modern looking machine for their time with soft rubber bumpers but never took off , why ???
Drove a few Bedford Domino Hedges metroliners , body very tight after 15 years of use but the floor rubber smell during a hot day was very annoying which seemed to be a standard annoyance on a lot of older hedges.
Hedges used a lot of different colours in their floors which would wear in high traffic places back to black so would have patches throughout , yellow and dark brown and green was popular.
LocoLes
Favourite Vehicle: CAC Bedford 1957-60

Post by LocoLes »

Denv12 wrote:Back in the mid 1980s I remember seeing a variety of coaches around Sydney. One company had the Domino/ or Austral Metroliners?
But these were 12.2 m version.I think it was either Clipper Tours or Rambler Tours. They were a decent looking vehicle too.I have driven single axle Volvo B10M's. Does anyone have any photos of those coaches? I dont remember seeing the 12.2 metre version in their adverts. Thanks.
Hi Denv12,

I just happen to have two photographs of Domino coaches taken a few years ago [maybe early c.2000's :mrgreen:
The two I have can be found in the Fleetlist [SA] listed under Historical operator, ACE Coach Lines.
The registrations for the buses are as follows........
VCY213 Domino International ACCO1810B [ex Qantas/ TAA/Australian Airlines...photo taken at Yankalilla SA in Maidment of Yankalilla livery. It was for sale at the time. :mrgreen:
WMI959 Domino Hino BG100 [ex Toowoomba according to the listing] ...my photo shows it belonged to Story of Yorktown SA and is photographed leading 2 other school buses through Yorktown in c.2001. :mrgreen:

Will scan them for you this weekend sometime and post them here.

Cheers, Loco Les.
Loco Les
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

Hi Denv12,

I just happen to have two photographs of Domino coaches taken a few years ago [maybe early c.2000's :mrgreen:
The two I have can be found in the Fleetlist [SA] listed under Historical operator, ACE Coach Lines.
The registrations for the buses are as follows........
VCY213 Domino International ACCO1810B [ex Qantas/ TAA/Australian Airlines...photo taken at Yankalilla SA in Maidment of Yankalilla livery. It was for sale at the time. :mrgreen:
WMI959 Domino Hino BG100 [ex Toowoomba according to the listing] ...my photo shows it belonged to Story of Yorktown SA and is photographed leading 2 other school buses through Yorktown in c.2001. :mrgreen:

Will scan them for you this weekend sometime and post them here.

Cheers, Loco Les.[/quote]

Thanks LocoLes.Love to see those photos.

Whilst my parents were used bus dealers they did have a few of the ex Qantas and TAA Domino's.
There was an ex Across Australia Coachlines Volvo B10M single axle Metroliner in Adelaide for years until it got damages in the suburbs.

Denv12.
LocoLes
Favourite Vehicle: CAC Bedford 1957-60

Post by LocoLes »

Denv12 wrote:Back in the mid 1980s I remember seeing a variety of coaches around Sydney. One company had the Domino/ or Austral Metroliners?
Hi again Denv12.

Here are the Domino buses from my collection as promised. I also located a 3rd Domino in my Tasmanian collection belonging to Manion's of Beaconsfield. [since retired].
Also attached is a photo of an Austral Metroliner in Mahnken's fleet parked at Perth [Tas].
Enjoy these, Cheers Loco Les.
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-16841
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-16842
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-16847
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-16848
Loco Les
Denv12

Post by Denv12 »

Thanks LocoLes. Love the photos.
Your 4th photo was a vehicle that my late Father had.He had it painted at Wingfield(SA) in that livery.
Thanks again.

Return to “General Transport Discussion”