old bus stop signs

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
flannier17

old bus stop signs

Post by flannier17 »

has anyone seen old bus stop signs from former bus companies still attached to poles etc.
On the 209 route I recall seeing Ex Servicemen's bus stop signs in Gilles Plains area, and outside of the dump in Wingfield is a bus stop from the old Footes Wingfield service
Tim Williams

Re: old bus stop signs

Post by Tim Williams »

I have an old bus stop sign from Bowmans (Adelaide) if anyone is interested - it is the sign only, excluding the pole!
Lt. Commander Data
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Lt. Commander Data »

Lots of Timetable box things at bus stops still say "Passenger Transport Board" (PTB). Last I checked they were called Adelaide Metro, or DPTI (Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure).

On the 835 route near the intersection of Riverview Road and Nairne-Woodside Road there is a small sign saying "TransitPlus - Hail Bus Here". There is another one of these somewhere, but I can place it at the moment. It's either on the 893 route or the 838/H route.

They're not that old, but recent history nonetheless.
First person on 822, 865 (2016 re-route).
Last person on 164, 867, 868
Diesel_MAN
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Buses

Post by Diesel_MAN »

It doesn't have a bus company that no longer exists on it, but I recall seeing a route 207 listed on a bus stop recently either on Sudholz Road or Darley Road heading towards Paradise Interchange on the eastern side.

There are plenty of TransAdelaide signs at O-Bahn interchanges too, excluding the bus stops.
Please leave via centre door.
Please push handle to open door.

Return to “General Transport Discussion”