• Advertisement

Denning Landseer Hi-Screen History.

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state

Postby Denv12 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:50 am

I thought I would start this topic as there is some confusion between the Denning Landseer Hi-Screen as it was called and the Denning Landseer Hi-Deck coach models.

The Hi-Screen was an option on any Landseer model.You could order the taller windscreens that extented to the roof.The roof itself was also extended to the front. I added a photo showing 3 Landseer models:
From Left to right: Landseer Hi-Deck,Landseer Hi-Screen and the standard Landseer.

So,how many Hi-Screens were built? What were they like compared to the standard screens?
If you can add any photos,information,etc to this topic please do.
Attachments
001 (922 x 322).jpg
3 Denning Landseer Models.
Denv12

Postby sydfox22 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:11 pm

The high screens were pretty much the same as the normal landseer but had taller curved screens not flat with perspex corners ,had better viewing for passengers looking forward .I quite like them
sydfox22

Favourite Vehicle: landseer

Re: Denning Landseer Hi-Screen History.

Postby Denv12 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:03 am

sydfox22 wrote:The high screens were pretty much the same as the normal landseer but had taller curved screens not flat with perspex corners ,had better viewing for passengers looking forward .I quite like them

There would have been a change in the fuel consumption because the air didnt go over the roof easily like the curved roof cap.The flat-taller windscreens werent as aerodynamic.The roof was likely the high deck roof.Just a thought.
Denv12

• Advertisement

Return to General Transport Discussion