[SMH] Albanese concerned about high-speed rail

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state

Re: [SMH] Albanese concerned about high-speed rail

Postby eddy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Tonymercury wrote:back in China again -

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2017 ... 803809.htm

Enjoy the Chinglish!

Thanks for that

I sent them this email in case one of their readers has buckets of money they want to invest.

Hi

Thought you may be interested in Magtube which would connect Melbourne to Sydney via Albury and Canberra with three single 200km tunnels.

Northbound trains would wait at stations for 15 minutes while southbound are in tunnels and vice versa.

Using NWRL tunnel cost it would be AU$30b for the tunnels and I estimate AU$5b for the maglev track.

2,000 seat trains would leave Sydney 6.00, 6.30, 7.00, 7.30 etc. 
                                           Melbourne 6.15, 6.45, 7.15, 7.45 etc.
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model. ... 6dde66e6c7
eddy

Postby Tonymercury » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:33 am

Tonymercury

Postby eddy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:42 am

50 year old technology is great for only 100 km but if you want to beat air travel over 1,000 km you need to be doing 1,000 kph :D
Parrahub, an extra option in the public transport menu https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model. ... 6dde66e6c7
eddy

Postby eddy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:48 am

As the prime minister of Japan has just called an election and in my opinion CLARA is uneconomical due to our immigration policy I thought I would send him this copy of the Magtube proposal I have just sent to Infrastructure Australia in the hope he would be desperate enough to give Australia a ten year interest free $35b loan.

Project proposal outline

Magtube would connect Melbourne to Sydney via Albury and Canberra with three single 200km tunnels.
Northbound trains would wait at stations for 15 minutes while southbound are in tunnels and vice versa.
Using NWRL tunnel cost it would be AU$30b for the tunnels and I estimate AU$5b for the maglev track.
2,000 seat trains would leave Sydney 6.00, 6.30, 7.00, 7.30 etc. 
                                           Melbourne 6.15, 6.45, 7.15, 7.45 etc.

Detailed project proposal

To avoid conflict and keep all the cities fifteen minutes apart I suggest that each city decides where to put their single Magtube station with Victoria, Act and NSW each contributing $500m per year over the ten years it takes to build it matched by the federal government.
As the 5.6m wide 2,000 seat trains will travel up to 1,000 kph the tunnels would need to be straight and deep between stations in hard rock which is the easiest to tunnel through.
To achieve this speed it must be a near vacuum with only one tonne of air entering the tunnel every time a train leaves a station which would be pushed out the other end via an exhaust valve that consists simply of a vertical 1m diameter pipe with a hinged lid.

Business case development and assessment

To make it economically viable the federal government would need a ten year interest free loan while it is built which I believe could be obtained from China or South Korea as they both want to develop a I,000 kph train or even Japan as it is desperate to sell their maglev technology which will be even better in ten years
Becoming a monopoly and lasting over 100 years when finished it would pay for itself many times over while growing Albury and Canberra to over five million each with much opportunity for value capture.
Other spin offs in my opinion are it would take pressure off Sydney and Melbourne, delay a second airport at Sydney, if 100 person carriages are used people can just hop on like a bus, much more secure than any surface rail, not limited by g force or air resistance, very cheap to run as maglev has no wheels and I may be going a bit far but defence could be in either city very quickly.
I believe the majority of voters would love it especially those who are unemployed in the country.

If you have any questions please email me.
mistereddb@gmail.com
Regards Eddy Barnett
eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:07 am

This is the email I sent to Infrastructure Australia this morning.

Hi

I would like to point out a mistake I had made with my Magtube proposal and now the exhaust valve would be replaced with an electrically driven jet compressor to pull the 1 torr air in the same direction as the train to avoid any supersonic train bypass or pressure on the front.

Regards Eddy
eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:02 am

French TGV losing $3b per year
Japanese big maglev tunnels only 5m per day
Hyperloop insufficient capacity
Magtube is the answer
Maybe the greens would make it their platform?
eddy

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to General Transport Discussion