Longest journey in Australia by route bus?

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
Newcastle Flyer

And Geoff claims he did more research!

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Geoff (post dated Fri 30 Mar 2012) wrote:I have done more research on this and found, by looking at company websites, the following:
226/349 Broadmeadow to Charlstown (STA)
Incorrect. From November 2008;

226 = Newcastle to Glendale via Broadmeadow, Waratah, Jesmond & Elemore Vale.
349 = Newcastle to Swansea North via Marks Pt hasn't gone via Broadmeadow since Nov 2008.

And Newcastle's 352 is longer than both the 349 & 350. The Swansea / Morisset bus routes wouldn't come near being the longest bus routes in Australia.

Something that has been on Newcastle Buses website since Nov. 2008.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Thu May 10, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Geoff

Re: Longest journey in Australia by route bus?

Post by Geoff »

Firstly, I may have mis-worded my earlier response. It should have said:
226 Broadmeadow to Newcastle, and
349 Newcastle to Swansea.

This information was gained from web sites, therefore it seems the sites are/were wrong.

Further, my whole response was in the context of combining regular route services into one long trip - NOT THAT ANY INDIVIDUAL ROUTE WAS LONG!

Sheesh!
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Geoff wrote:Firstly, I may have mis-worded my earlier response. It should have said:
226 Broadmeadow to Newcastle, and
349 Newcastle to Swansea.
Why do you keep saying Broadmeadow? The routes are as my previous post. 226: See Newcastle Buses map for 226: [url]http://www.newcastlebuses.info/routes/N ... 28_map.pdf[/ur

Only one of the timetabled 226's terminate at Broadmeadow. I believe their are still some short workings that may not be shown in the timetable.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Thu May 10, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Dial 000
Favourite Vehicle: UTA Mercedes 0305 1936

Post by Dial 000 »

"Quote Newcastle Buses" Why do you keep saying Broadmeadow? The routes are as my previous post. 226: See Newcastle Buses map for 226:

Well, derrr, he says that because he has stated Broadmeadow to Newcastle 226 transferring to the 349 in town. Before having a hissy fit read what the poster has to say!

He would also be better off just catching the 350 ex the 9 ways at Broadmeadow and dependent upon the time of day going all the way to Swansea shops. There are a few 99's which start their journey at Swansea.
The "Green lines", sorting the men from the boys!
ScaniaL94UB
Favourite Vehicle: Scania

Post by ScaniaL94UB »

Metro Tasmania

632 - Lauderdale via Rosny Park & Hobart City.
648 - Hobart City via Oppossum Bay

BOTHWELL LINK

Hobart City - Bothwell (DIRECT SERVICE)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Scania Trucks & Buses. Celebrate 100 years.
invictius

Post by invictius »

ScaniaL94UB wrote:Metro Tasmania

632 - Lauderdale via Rosny Park & Hobart City.
648 - Hobart City via Oppossum Bay

BOTHWELL LINK

Hobart City - Bothwell (DIRECT SERVICE)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You could come up from Geeveston, surely that counts as a bus and not a coach? It has a very bus-like timetable, reasonably frequent and no rest stops for drivers, unlike everything in the south except for the Richmond one. It would give you an extra 20km. Or Dover I guess. The once a month Colebrook service is only 5km shorter than Geeveston...
Roderick Smith

Post by Roderick Smith »

Nobody has cited either km or duration.
Do any of these beat Melbourne's longest in the 900s series?

Roderick.
normie

Post by normie »

Longest route bus in Melbourne i could find would be the 684 from Melbourne to Eildon, total length is about 140km and takes about 3 hours, you can also use a myki card all the way. Eildon is in Zone 11. Its really just a once a day service so no chance of doing a return trip on the same day.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

You can do 684 as a return trip Normie,if you stay overnight in Alexandra or Eildon.Eildon-Alexandra-Melbourne in the AM.Return in the PM.

Return to “General Transport Discussion”