nbus
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B7RLE [Volgren]

Re: Posts entirely in bold

Post by nbus »

I Think so to as this is becoming a very Bold thread. :lol:
rfs

Post by rfs »

ALBION1881 wrote:How about locking this thread enough is enough has been said and how about getting off the bold writers back I have had enough I will choose how I write something I will write in bold or otherwise but lock this thread.
Why do you type in bold when the board guidelines forbid it?
You know you have to follow board guidelines, just like everyone else has to. :?:
ALBION1881

Post by ALBION1881 »

Admin for crying out loud locked this before I say something I will regret and get banned for this volcano is about to erupt with lava that will make a saint duck for cover this has been ridiculous I must have written what twenty posts or so in bold and the scalpers come out play just lock this thread.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

^^
rfs wrote:Why do you type in bold when the board guidelines forbid it?
http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 90#p617190
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
RailwayBus
Favourite Vehicle: Train or tram.

Post by RailwayBus »

ALBION1881 wrote:Admin for crying out loud locked this before I say something I will regret and get banned for this volcano is about to erupt with lava that will make a saint duck for cover this has been ridiculous I must have written what twenty posts or so in bold and the scalpers come out play just lock this thread.
I find this post quite readable, so from RailwayBus, thank you. :D
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
rfs

Post by rfs »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:^^
rfs wrote:Why do you type in bold when the board guidelines forbid it?
http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 90#p617190
ah ok, but does not help with his posts.
but still thats not a good reason for posting in bold.

Anyway should lock this thread now its getting out of hand.
ALBION1881

Post by ALBION1881 »

I after this I`ll go join bold writers anonymous to kick habit since this thread I feel like a junkie wanting a fix oh by is this better. :mrgreen:
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Post by stevegj52 »

All sounds a bit petty to me.
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in
MetroTasCatcher
Favourite Vehicle: Ford Crown Victoria P71

Post by MetroTasCatcher »

If people want to be so petty about this issue, then read this:
Board Guidelines wrote:Breaches of Board Guidelines

Initial breaches of board guidelines will result in the offending message(s) being edited/removed. If the offending content is the entire message then the message will be removed. If the offending content is only part of a message then the message will be edited removing the offending content. Where it is not clear that the poster would be aware of how their message has breached board guidelines they will be contacted by private message.
If a message of yours if edited/removed by a board administrator, do not repost the same content. If you are unsure as to why a message was edited/removed, please contact a board administrator.
For repeated breaches the user will be contacted and given a Warning by either Private message, email or where appropriate as a reply to a message they have posted.
Further breaches may incur a temporary ban, usually for a period of 48 hours.
Repeated refusal to comply with warnings issued by administrators will result in a Final Warning being issued via Private message or email.
Further breaches of board guidelines after receiving a Final Warning will, with the agreement of the majority of the board administrators, result in the user being permanently banned.
If you have been temporarily or permanently banned, then you are not permitted to post via another member or by registering another username. If it is found that this rule has been breached, you may have your ban extended. In addition, a person posting on your behalf may also face the same action.
If the guidelines state that messages should not be posted entirely in bold, then Tas Bus Nut probably should have been banned ages ago. Almost ever since Tas Bus Nut had registered, he has posted his messages in bold. If he had comlied COMPLETELY to this rule, he would have by now had recieved countless warnings and bans from admins, but this is not the case. It was only until some cry baby mentioned that they thought bold posts were annoying to read and this rule was then brought up. This IMO is an insanely petty issue and there should be other things you should be worried about in your life other than "bold posts being annoying to read".

Have a great night and Tas Bus Nut, keep posting in bold.

Cheers
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ POLICE LINE - DO NOT CROSS ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
leyland clippers
Favourite Vehicle: Ansair buses & coaches

Post by leyland clippers »

MetroTasCatcher wrote:If people want to be so petty about this issue, then read this:
Board Guidelines wrote:Breaches of Board Guidelines

Initial breaches of board guidelines will result in the offending message(s) being edited/removed. If the offending content is the entire message then the message will be removed. If the offending content is only part of a message then the message will be edited removing the offending content. Where it is not clear that the poster would be aware of how their message has breached board guidelines they will be contacted by private message.
If a message of yours if edited/removed by a board administrator, do not repost the same content. If you are unsure as to why a message was edited/removed, please contact a board administrator.
For repeated breaches the user will be contacted and given a Warning by either Private message, email or where appropriate as a reply to a message they have posted.
Further breaches may incur a temporary ban, usually for a period of 48 hours.
Repeated refusal to comply with warnings issued by administrators will result in a Final Warning being issued via Private message or email.
Further breaches of board guidelines after receiving a Final Warning will, with the agreement of the majority of the board administrators, result in the user being permanently banned.
If you have been temporarily or permanently banned, then you are not permitted to post via another member or by registering another username. If it is found that this rule has been breached, you may have your ban extended. In addition, a person posting on your behalf may also face the same action.
If the guidelines state that messages should not be posted entirely in bold, then Tas Bus Nut probably should have been banned ages ago. Almost ever since Tas Bus Nut had registered, he has posted his messages in bold. If he had comlied COMPLETELY to this rule, he would have by now had recieved countless warnings and bans from admins, but this is not the case. It was only until some cry baby mentioned that they thought bold posts were annoying to read and this rule was then brought up. This IMO is an insanely petty issue and there should be other things you should be worried about in your life other than "bold posts being annoying to read".

Have a great night and Tas Bus Nut, keep posting in bold.

Cheers
Well said Isaac :D :roll: :mrgreen:
Hobart,The Way Life Should Be
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

Some of the rules on this forum are enforced more strictly than others... Mainly to keep the balance between those who will complain when the admins/moderators enforce the guidelines too much, and those who complain because the admins/moderators don't enforce them strictly enough... So no matter what the regular users, the moderators or the admins do, there will always be somebody who chooses to complain... That's life really?
ALBION1881

Post by ALBION1881 »

I will say I will go back to writing in bold and to hell to the wowser`s the goody to shoes since this thread started I never seen so many girls complain over a simple thing like writing in bold this has to be the worst thing I ever seen posted I have decided to continue to write in bold as it helps me with writing posts I can see mistakes better correct writing errors.
RailwayBus
Favourite Vehicle: Train or tram.

Posts entirely in bold

Post by RailwayBus »

Albion thinks everyone else is whinging!? Bahaha, I don't think anyone has whinged about anything in this thread as much as he has, lol *sigh*.

Pot. Kettle. Black.
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
leyland clippers
Favourite Vehicle: Ansair buses & coaches

Post by leyland clippers »

For some ATDB members the eleventh commandment could be

“Thou shalt not post in bold” :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hobart,The Way Life Should Be
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

ALBION1881 wrote:I have decided to continue to write in bold as it helps me with writing posts I can see mistakes better correct writing errors.
Well that is complete bull dust! When you type in the reply section or start a new thread, the text appears the same no matter what formatting you choose as it is HTML based. So don't make things up mate, come on - give us a bit more brain power credit than that...... :roll:

However, I don't think it is necessary to bold a whole thread - it is not using bolding correctly and is basic wordprocessing to use bold only for emphasis.

ALBION1881, it doesn't make any difference to the reading of your posts, so using that reason is null and void. I personally think you do it to make your posts stand out more - why? I am not sure......
Job done.

Return to “News & Administration”