Captions and photo's - selective enforcement?

News and comments about this board.
dude

Captions and photo's - selective enforcement?

Post by dude »

Admin's,
A particular bug bear I have is certain members who post a string of photo's and then provide little or no information at all about the makes of vehicles, locations, and or dates on shots that are not automatically recognisable to most posters of this board. It also seems to be going unenforced in the Overseas department in particular when compared with the Aus/NZ departments.

Is it a time constraint on the part of admins/moderators that these posters are not being followed up for captions? Is it possible for repeat offenders to be barred from posting photo's for a period of time if they continue to omit captions on their photos?
T1200
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310 CNG Volgren CR228L

Re: Captions and photo's - selective enforcement?

Post by T1200 »

As a part response to your answer - you have the report post button, please use it. We do not and can not read every post on this forum, and have never maintained otherwise.

If there is something that is bugging you, we can fix it straight away - if we know about it. This thread is a start, however a quick PM or reporting the posts concerned would be preferred.
Reality continues to ruin my life.
The Inspector
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA Volvo B59

Post by The Inspector »

@dude,

not sure if you have noticed but some of those who post photos (myself included) have all that info in the photo caption (ie the file name.

for exampl I give my photos a file name such as "aJacobsons_1683AO_VolvoB7R_Maroopna_(3_6_10_B)"
In this it tells you the operator, rego, chassi type, location & date. ignor the little a at the start, thats for my referance only as is the letter after the date.

I have not had any complaints about not making full captions yet, I do make captions when extra info may be needed to explain something.
Has AdMet CB80 fever
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

As an admin I have no objections to the approach taken by The Inspector and as far as I am aware there have been no objections from elsewhere either.

There was one string of overseas photos without any comments reported this morning and a comment was added that this had been noted and a warning was sent to the contributor concerned.
Living in the Shire.
RailwayBus
Favourite Vehicle: Train or tram.

Post by RailwayBus »

The Inspector wrote: I have not had any complaints about not making full captions yet,
I complained a few months ago in a thread and you growled at me, lol. :lol:
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
dude

Post by dude »

Fleet Lists wrote:There was one string of overseas photos without any comments reported this morning and a comment was added that this had been noted and a warning was sent to the contributor concerned.
Keep up the good work. The standards appear to be improving based on the last couple of weeks.

Return to “News & Administration”