Software Changes

News and comments about this board.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Software Changes

Post by Fleet Lists »

Ken has advised me that during the outage over the weekend the opportunity was also taken to do some software upgrades.

He did not provide any further details.

However it is noted that the board software has gone from version 3.0.6 to 3.0.7 which is the latest version. The only change I am aware of it that it should a solve a problem I have in managing members where a forced reactivation is issued to a memebr who has not been active for over 12 months. Version 3.0.6 incorrectly deleted the last active date. Version 3.0.7 is supposed to correct that. I will have to wait until next Saturday when I do that again.

Photo Gallery.
In admin mode a security warning message appeared in red. This no longer happens. In fact I miss it as when I saw the red message I knew I was in admin mode and if it was not there I was in normal user mode.

Google Monitor.
This is a script which searches Google once every 8 seconds for various fleet list pages to see how good Google is. On the old Magus server, I used to receive results on my screen after about 7 or 8 searches depending on how much data was displayed and then after the tenth one when the script finished.
After the move to a different srver a couple of months ago, this changed to data being displayed after about the fifth search and then the last one.
But now the data on my screen is updated after every Google search. I have no idea why that is.

This is just to show how things can change and there may be other small changes which may have or may not have some impact on people.

And just a comment on Google and the fleet list pages. Late last year we had about 97% of the fleet lists pages available for search in Google. For some unknown reason that has now dropped to about 30%.
Living in the Shire.
Ken
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Re: Software Changes

Post by Ken »

The update that *I* did was the first thing mentioned - loading the most current version of the phpbb software which runs this forum. This is something that people won't notice as it is just a regular update fixing any bugs or security issues.

As part of the web host moving bus aust to a different server - the new server has a more up to date version of php installed which has increased security features. This required a couple of minor changes to get the fleet lists working again.

Also, the red warning message in the photo gallery - this no longer appears due to the more current version of php running.

As well the web host suffered a power outage on Saturday night which caused some hardware damage. This is why bus aust was offline over part of the weekend.

Return to “News & Administration”