Suggestion for a new sub forum.

News and comments about this board.
Grenda Driver
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94

Suggestion for a new sub forum.

Post by Grenda Driver »

Just a quick idea,

Seeing as alot of the people here are young'ns who wish for a career in the public transport industry, if it be in Buses, Trains or Trams.

I'm suggesting a forum, or sub forum to do with jobs - have maybe a locked sticky at the top of the forum that someone(s) can post job vacancies in, and in the forum people can discuss about those jobs, what licence do I need to work for this company? Who is the best provider?

Maybe it could even be sorted by state to make it easier to browse. Would be helpful to those people who want to move interstate and try and find a job in pt?

Ideas? Comments?
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
C130

Re: Suggestion for a new sub forum.

Post by C130 »

I like this idea, as there are a lot of younger members on this board who would be looking at being in the Transport industry (Train driver for me), who would like to find out information from people who are already in the field.
J.D

Post by J.D »

I also think this would be suitable for this forum. It would be a good opportunity for all those that wish to join or hear about the day-to-day operations of a job and everything that comes with it (the good and the bad).
Grenda Driver

Post by Grenda Driver »

I would be more then happy to moderate or attend to this forum of sorts.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."
Grenda Driver

Post by Grenda Driver »

Any admin ideas here?
Ken
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by Ken »

The administrators have discussed it and agreed that this sounds like a good idea.

Where in the board structure do people see as appropriate for this section to be?
Connex
Favourite Vehicle: XT 853M-1627T-854M

Post by Connex »

It probably deserves it's own section. Maybe between the International threads and the Buy/Swap/Sell threads?
Metcard. Your ticket to Melbourne.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

Bottom of "Australian Transport Discussion"-I like to think the boards are classified in order of importance/relavance, eg "Transport" at the top, photos and NZ/International in the middle and "The Lunch Room" at the bottom.

Of course this probably isnt the actual methodolgy used...
Grenda Driver

Post by Grenda Driver »

I was thinking more towards the top - attract people, who then might be inclined to join. Maybe make it members only to view.... Nahh, we want people to see it I guess....
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

I also agree. It sounds like a good idea for this forum especially with the wide range of experienced members here to give ideas and tips and providing a place to learn even more.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

This will / should work well providing that negative comments about Operators are not posted & if they are, removed quickly. You never know, Operators may even add to the section by providing info or posting about jobs. I do know there are a few Operators who read the board.
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
Ken
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by Ken »

This new section has now been created.

It is situated at the top of the forum, just under the New Users/Ask a Simple Question section.
Grenda Driver

Post by Grenda Driver »

Maybe make it so people can add the little "State" icon to their post to make it easy to identify jobs in a particular state?
C130

Post by C130 »

Also, mabye someone could email Transport compaines alerting them to this section, that way more info could be posted up there?

Return to “News & Administration”