Members deleting own posts.

News and comments about this board.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Members deleting own posts.

Post by Fleet Lists »

There have been some discussions in some threads just recently that members have not been able to delete their own posts.

It was thought that possibly they could not be deleted because another posts had taken place subsequently. Today I received definite indication that a member could not delete his own post despite there NOT being a subsequent post in that thread.

I have just been advised that in the latest version of the board software there is a time limit after which a member can not delete his own posts. This was set at 5 minutes but has now been increased to 15 minutes.
Living in the Shire.
J.D

Re: Members deleting own posts.

Post by J.D »

Fleet Lists wrote:
I have just been advised that in the latest version of the board software there is a time limit after which a member can not delete his own posts. This was set at 5 minutes but has now been increased to 15 minutes.
Is it possible to have this time frame increased?
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

J.D wrote:
Fleet Lists wrote:
Is it possible to have this time frame increased?
I think you can "delete" a post by editing it and deleting the text, but you have to leave at least one character in the title and text box. So just put "deleted" in each, and you get a dummy/blank post left, and you drive people crazy wondering what you wrote. :twisted: :lol:
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
C130

Post by C130 »

Don't do this, as some mods/admins may not see the full story behind what your doing, and give you a warning for removing the text from your post :evil:
J.D

Post by J.D »

C130 wrote:Don't do this, as some mods/admins may not see the full story behind what your doing, and give you a warning for removing the text from your post :evil:
Or you could simply PM an admin/mod with a link to the requested post, and they will most likely remove it for you :wink:
Ken
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by Ken »

Easier still, if you want a post of your own removed, simply report your own post and say that you would like it removed.

That way the first admin or mod who sees it can action it rather than having to wait for The admin you PM'd to come online (not all of us are online everyday).

Return to “News & Administration”