Recent Forum Changes

News and comments about this board.
J.D

Re: Recent Forum Changes

Post by J.D »

I actually just encountered that same 'problem' that others have, the toolbars and background had all turned a blacky brown colour while all the text turned pink. All avatars and photos remained in normal full colour. After 30 seconds, the home page refreshed itself and displayed normally.
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Post by Douglas »

J.D wrote:I actually just encountered that same 'problem' that others have, the toolbars and background had all turned a blacky brown colour while all the text turned pink. All avatars and photos remained in normal full colour. After 30 seconds, the home page refreshed itself and displayed normally.
Might be a delay in processing\download the CSS, maybe...

(as a guess, of course)
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Has anyone noticed the Quick Reply function which is now available?
Living in the Shire.
PRT 065
Favourite Vehicle: Guess ?

Post by PRT 065 »

Yes, It was First Available in the New section, Before Some one enabled it for everywhere
Regards,
PRT 065

If you have any issues with the Queensland section, please send me a private message.
Tonsley213
Favourite Vehicle: Scania

Post by Tonsley213 »

I like it.
The King

Post by The King »

PRT 065 wrote:Yes, It was First Available in the New section, Before Some one enabled it for everywhere
It isn't available in some threads like this one http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... &start=100 :?
Ken
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by Ken »

The King wrote:It isn't available in some threads like this one http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... &start=100 :?
It is working for that section now. Somehow I missed changing it for that section (I had to change each section one at a time). Thanks for letting us know it wasn't working there.
Ken

Post by Ken »

The problems with photos appearing with scroll bars should have gone away as I have just made a change that is supposed to fix the problem.
Carlisle 8
Favourite Vehicle: A.E.C. Regal III.

Post by Carlisle 8 »

Ken wrote:The problems with photos appearing with scroll bars should have gone away as I have just made a change that is supposed to fix the problem.
Afraid not, Ken. Try the following as an example. http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 42&t=48270
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I agree that thread is also still giving me a problem but on the other hand this thread http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 42&t=48281 which also gave me problems previously now works Ok and it has photos right up to the maximim width of 820 pixels.

So we will to see what we can find out that is different between these two threads.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

It seems that the thread which does not work has the attachment placed inline while the one that does work doed not ie it shows "Attachment" in the border above the attachments. In the case of the post in question by GM I tried to place the photos in line but I could not get it to work. Possibly more research needs to be done.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

See another thread which was giving a problem before - it was OK - showed the Attachment in the boder - I then placed it inline - attachment border gone and still OK. So maybe it will only work for photos placed inline after the fix?
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I found another thread which I will not name - also had a photo which had not been placed inline - after I placed it inline it was OK - Unfortunately this photo was so much oversize that as an admin I had no alternative but to delete it.

This tend to confirm that it will only fix the problem with
1 Pictures which have not been placed inline
2.Pictures which have been placed inline after the fix has gone in.

It is noticed that many posters do NOT place their photos inline. This is something which should be done as it gives a better presentation of their photos.
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

For some photos, I've noticed text can overlap the photo now in Internet Explorer.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Ken

Post by Ken »

I am not getting scroll bars for any images now.

My screen resolution is 1440x900. From what I have read people with a small screen resolution are likely to have problems with scroll bars while larger resolutions don't.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I have today edited a number of posts where photos had not been put inline - ie it put them inline which solves part of the problem for those with smaller resolution like myself.

But part of the problem has been caused by the two permitted increases in the avator size recently which has resulted in photos of 820 pixels no longer fitting into the screen without scroll bars. see http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 17&t=41325

I believe we should at least go back in maximum avator size from 180 to 150.
Living in the Shire.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Fleet Lists wrote:I believe we should at least go back in maximum avator size from 180 to 150.
I'm happy with that.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Done
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

Overlapping again

To the admins, I just went to view this thread, and the pictures (800x600) overlap with the avatar area in both IE & F/fox.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
PRT 065
Favourite Vehicle: Guess ?

Post by PRT 065 »

I Just looked at that Thread and Couldn't See any overlapping
Regards,
PRT 065

If you have any issues with the Queensland section, please send me a private message.
T1200
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310 CNG Volgren CR228L

Post by T1200 »

If your computer screen is low resolution then yes the images will overlap the sidebar area - but on the plus side, there are no scrollbars! :mrgreen:

It will also happen if you resize the browser window to be significantly smaller.
Reality continues to ruin my life.
Newcastle Flyer

I've got it set to 1024x768 at the moment. For some reason, IE8 & Firefox, the text (with some exceptions) seems best in 1024x768, unlike previous versions of IE, when it was best, for me anyway best in 800x600.
White lives matter too.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: Overlapping again

Post by Fleet Lists »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:To the admins, I just went to view this thread, and the pictures (800x600) overlap with the avatar area in both IE & F/fox.
This has been discussed previously. In the thread concerned the text will no longer overlap but on the screens concerned, scroll bars wil now be present. The change has been caused by the original contributor not clicking on "Place inline" for the photos concerned - this has now been done.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “News & Administration”