pms stay in outbox

News and comments about this board.
ad602000

pms stay in outbox

Post by ad602000 »

is this normal or what am i doing wrong, I compose and submit but they stay in my outbox any suggestions gratefully received

cheers
pete
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Re: pms stay in outbox

Post by Fleet Lists »

That is normal.

It will not move to the sent box until the recipient reads the message.

Hence once it is in the sent box you know that the recipient has read it.
Living in the Shire.
ad602000

Post by ad602000 »

thanks very much
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Post by Douglas »

Just as a side note re: PM's, apparently I have one new PM. I've opened every one in the inbox, and there is no release button. I'm not sure if this is normal or not (I'm doubting it is).
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
Ken
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by Ken »

Douglas wrote:Just as a side note re: PM's, apparently I have one new PM. I've opened every one in the inbox, and there is no release button. I'm not sure if this is normal or not (I'm doubting it is).
If your Inbox is full (current limit is 25 messages*), there should be a message printed at the top of the list of your message list indicating you have message(s) on hold. Simply delete enough messages from your Inbox for how many messages it indicates are 'on hold' then click the link to release the on hold messages.

*From a request made by one of the moderators, I have now increased the maximum number of messages in each users PM Inbox from 25 to 50. Users are still reminded though that PM Inbox and other folders are not intended to be permanent storage space - users should save any important messages to their own computers.
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Post by Douglas »

Ken wrote:
Douglas wrote:Just as a side note re: PM's, apparently I have one new PM. I've opened every one in the inbox, and there is no release button. I'm not sure if this is normal or not (I'm doubting it is).
If your Inbox is full (current limit is 25 messages*), there should be a message printed at the top of the list of your message list indicating you have message(s) on hold. Simply delete enough messages from your Inbox for how many messages it indicates are 'on hold' then click the link to release the on hold messages.

*From a request made by one of the moderators, I have now increased the maximum number of messages in each users PM Inbox from 25 to 50. Users are still reminded though that PM Inbox and other folders are not intended to be permanent storage space - users should save any important messages to their own computers.
I've checked and I don't have that at the top: my little thing next to the UCP link at the top of the page says that I have no new messages, but my Inbox tab on the right hand side of the PM console says I have a message. And I've opened every one several times. When I get a new one, it says two, and so on.
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Douglas wrote: I've checked and I don't have that at the top: my little thing next to the UCP link at the top of the page says that I have no new messages, but my Inbox tab on the right hand side of the PM console says I have a message. And I've opened every one several times. When I get a new one, it says two, and so on.
I have also encountered that on a number of occasions.
Living in the Shire.
T1200
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310 CNG Volgren CR228L

Post by T1200 »

Make sure you've deleted any notifications about messages deleted by the sender from your inbox. They're the ones with "delete message" in the subject line.
Reality continues to ruin my life.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Good one - that solved it for me.
Living in the Shire.
Bus 400

Post by Bus 400 »

Last night I recieved an email notification about a new PM in my inbox, but I had no PM in my inbox. What would be the cause of this?
The Phonj
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202, PMCSA body

Post by The Phonj »

It is most likely that the sender of the PM has deleted it before you had the opportunity to read it.
Bus Preservation Association of South Australia https://www.bpasa.org.au/
Tramway Museum St. Kilda https://www.trammuseumadelaide.com/
National Railway Museum, Port Adelaide https://nrm.org.au/
T1200
Administrator

Post by T1200 »

The Phonj wrote:It is most likely that the sender of the PM has deleted it before you had the opportunity to read it.
I'm intrigued. Was there a "Delete Message" PM in your inbox stating that the sender had deleted the message? If not, then you shouldn't have received an email.
Bus 400

Post by Bus 400 »

T1200 wrote:
The Phonj wrote:It is most likely that the sender of the PM has deleted it before you had the opportunity to read it.
I'm intrigued. Was there a "Delete Message" PM in your inbox stating that the sender had deleted the message? If not, then you shouldn't have received an email.
I just sent you a test PM & then deleted it, did you get an email notification?
T1200
Administrator

Post by T1200 »

Yes. Also a "Delete Message" heading in my inbox.

Return to “News & Administration”