Fleet Lists Question

News and comments about this board.
DarrenH

Fleet Lists Question

Post by DarrenH »

I noticed on the fleet lists page how tidy it looks when buses or coaches that are no longer in that particular fleet anymore and are disposed of are put into a separate table below the current fleet which is updated. For Example: Premier Illawarra and Red Bus Service The Entrance , have a separate table below the current fleet list titled: Selected example of buses previously operated.

Would it be possible to do the same for the Port Stephens Coaches fleet , where buses that are no longer in the fleet anymore are put separate from the current fleet? It makes it so much tidier and uncluttered and easier to read. Withdrawn buses in the PSC fleet that were withdrawn a long time ago are still listed in the current fleet. :?:
NSW_Fleetlists

Re: Fleet Lists Question

Post by NSW_Fleetlists »

The use of a separate table at the bottom of the current fleet listing is standard practise for all new lists being uploaded. All existing lists will be reformatted to incorporate this feature, however, with the current situation within fleetlist admin, this is a long term project rather than short term.

Keep an eye out over the next few months :wink:
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Now that the Premeir Illawarra fllet list is up in the new format, we hope to start doing some more and I have placed Port Stephens fairly high up in the list of conversions to be done.

Of course it is now possible to have disposals listed at the botoom of the page or on a separate page.

The latter would mainly be reserved for the larger fleets so I am not sure just where Port Stephens would fit into that.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

A triai version of the Port Stephens fleet list in the new format is now available at http://www.busaustralia.com/fleetlists/ ... search=POR

The operator information link is still to be added.
Living in the Shire.
T1200
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310 CNG Volgren CR228L

Post by T1200 »

I have a nitpick to make.

There is Board Guideline that says:
Messages should have meaningful subject headings and clearly indicate what you are talking about. Instead of "Any one seen one?" you should write "Has any one seen a Newcastle Volvo B12BLE?"
What does "Fleet Lists Question" mean to anybody? Nothing! I have heard people complaining that nobody clicks on their threads, well the reason for that is often because the thread titles are nothing to do with the actual post being made! How about "Removal of disposed vehicles from Port Stephens Fleet List"? And putting it in the Bus Fleet Changes section?

Not aiming at you particularly DarrenH, but there are a fair whack of threads on this board with titles that do the thread no justice at all.
Reality continues to ruin my life.

Return to “News & Administration”