Deletion of older posts

News and comments about this board.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Re: Deletion of older posts

Post by BroadGauge »

Has there been any updates on this? Could BPQ's idea of an 'archive' section be viable?

It has now been about 14 months since this issue was raised.
Ken
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by Ken »

SomeRobot wrote:Has there been any updates on this?
Magus' last post indicates it is not possible to retrieve the older posts from the backup.
SomeRobot wrote:Could BPQ's idea of an 'archive' section be viable?
In some forums an archive section is useful, but for this forum I don't see it being useful. I think it is more helpful keeping older posts in the section they were posted in (they don't get in the way of newer posts) rather than moving them to an archives section which can make it more difficult for someone searching for something in a particular section.

Happy to hear others opinions though.
jb17kx
Favourite Vehicle: Irisbus Agoraline

Post by jb17kx »

At other forums I visit the archive section is used as a repository for posts that can then be locked to prevent necroposting.

I agree however with the idea that posts should remain in the section they were posted to, to simplify searches.

Does phpBB3 allow the administrators to set a time for threads, beyond which they are automatically locked? I would view that as a good compromise.
Selected artistic and gunzel photos from my collection - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jb17kx

Return to “News & Administration”