Web hosting - who to use?

News and comments about this board.
P1497
Favourite Vehicle: P1497

Web hosting - who to use?

Post by P1497 »

I want to set up a website for transport pics, databases etc. Anyone suggest a good ISP? Who hosts this site?

Thanks in advance
P1497 - my favourite Sydney tram
What if there was as much money as necessary for schools and hospitals,
and they had to hold a raffle to buy a new warship?

BUSES KEEP CLEAR
member 1423

Post by member 1423 »

I am about to use MD web hosting. $9.95 for 2.5GB is great value. It also has 4images photo gallery preloaded so you can edit that and stylise it to your liking :D

http://www.mdwebhosting.com.au/webhosting/

edit: forgot to post the link
tiger_man

Post by tiger_man »

x10hosting.com has free plans that have up to 2.5 GB of space and 45 GB of bandwidth!

No post for hosting! Fast as possible activation! Active forum community with support!
Sites must be in either English, Spanish, or French! Warez/adult content is prohibited!

cPanel comes with up to:
5 MySQL databases
3 Addon domains
3 Parked domains
10 Sub domains
5 FTP accounts
15 Email accounts
15 Email lists

Cron jobs, Fantastico, FrontPage Extensions, Awstats, Leech protection, a cPanel theme changer, and more are included!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or search/post a thread in the x10hosting.com Forums!

Notes: -

You need to sign up on the forums first before applying for hosting. This is because your hosting account and forum account are linked.

Also if you are having problems, just follow the insrtuctions in my signature and I will be more than happy to help.

Oh and before I forget, during signing up for the forums it may ask for a referer, just put Master Yoda in there and introduce yourself and mention that Master Yoda told you about x10Hosting ;)
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

Looks like another one of these "too good to be true" hosts that will disappear in the future.
Composition Dept

Post by Composition Dept »

XTrampoline wrote:Looks like another one of these "too good to be true" hosts that will disappear in the future.
I was on one, EZFreeWeb or something like that, and it only lasted 3 months. I'm happy to be on paid now.
tiger_man

Post by tiger_man »

XTrampoline wrote:Looks like another one of these "too good to be true" hosts that will disappear in the future.
If your referring to x10Hosting, they have been around for a number of years and I can assure you that we have no intentions of going, with new accounts being created at an incredible rate (Both paid and free accounts).
T1200
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310 CNG Volgren CR228L

Post by T1200 »

I wasn't happy with x10 when I used it - mainly buggy Admin CP interface and very excruiciatingly slow speeds.

They make a little bit of money from compulsory advertising on the higher-up free plans.

They deleted my account.

tiger_man seems to be fanatic about it :P
Reality continues to ruin my life.
tiger_man

Post by tiger_man »

Can we not turn this into a hate X10Hosting thread??? If you have a problem, let me know and I can put you in contact with the correct people. The thread author wanted suggestions about various hosts, not for people to gang up and have a go at hosts like x10Hosting.

And T1200, I am doing my job for x10Hosting, don't like it? then talk to me about it don't rant about it here.

EDIT: T1200, no one is perfect so get over it
Last edited by tiger_man on Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T1200
Administrator

Post by T1200 »

tiger_man just let the cat out of the bag that he basically works for x10Hosating (I didn't realise they'd changed their name).

And I was expressing a valid opinion which was to do with the topic, and I am completely within guidelines :)

And nobody had mentioned "hate x10Hosating" until you did.

:idea:

P1497, why not try an easy option, like Fotopic?
P1497
Favourite Vehicle: P1497

Post by P1497 »

P1497, why not try an easy option, like Fotopic?[/quote]

I'm planning to have some "active" content, and 1 or more databases. I don't think fotopic supports that sort of thing. Thanks for the suggestion.
P1497 - my favourite Sydney tram
What if there was as much money as necessary for schools and hospitals,
and they had to hold a raffle to buy a new warship?

BUSES KEEP CLEAR
T1200
Administrator

Post by T1200 »

Then x10Hosting may be right for you. Check it out, have a play.
tone167
Favourite Vehicle: R.I.P. MAN SL200 (1982-2011)

Post by tone167 »

Last time I checked, http://www.dreamhost.com has an introductory offer of 12 months hosting (with 20GB storage and 1TB bandwidth per month) for around USD$10.

When signing up for DreamHost, just select the "1 year, pre-payment, $9.95 per month" option, then enter the promo code 777 later in the setup process and it should reduce it to $9.95 total!

Once the 12 months is up, it's still only USD$10 a month, which is pretty decent value.

I've been using DreamHost for a while and have been very happy with them. That's where I've hosted my 'accidental gunzelling' videos posted in another part of the forums. ;)
Saab 900 1978-93: The best Scania ever made.

Return to “News & Administration”