How do you display your models?

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
John P Boogerd

How do you display your models?

Post by John P Boogerd »

Hey lads, I have the Trux bus collection very nearly complete on display in a glass cabinet - that's the easy part. Now I have quite a few of the Transit Graphics buses and I wonder how I should display them. At the moment they are in their plastic dust cases along the back behind the Trux models but that doesn't do much for me. So I was wondering what other collectors do. Do you display them on their base in their dust cases, do you take away the dust cover and leave them on their base, or do you remove them from the base and simply display the bus. Also, what kind of cabinet do each of you use?
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: How do you display your models?

Post by Swift »

I always take them off their plinths if they are mounted on one. Life is too short not to enjoy them.
I bought a purpose made display cabinet off Trux which holds 16 of my single deck models. Double deckers don't fit so i use an old glass china display case I inherited off my gran to display them.
One thing I should do is use blue tack to stop them rolling about as they frequently hit each other and the sides of the cabinets if they get disturbed.
Whatever you do, keep the dust away and enjoy!
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
sta
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz Oc500LE CNG

Post by sta »

I take only the Diecast model's like the carsworkshop,trux and CMNL out of their packaging and display them.

For the Transitgraphics model's they stay in the box and displayed sideway's.

It's just the Dust that annoys me and that you cannot clean them as easy as the trux model's since TG's model's has so many fragile parts and decals that fall off.

I wish DUST never existed cause it ruins everything.
sta
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz Oc500LE CNG

Post by sta »

The only time my Transitgraphics model's leave's the stand and dust cover is when it's time for a photoshoot.
adx666
Favourite Vehicle: Transperth Mercedes O305

Post by adx666 »

Mine pretty much occupy half my locker at work, one of my sons also collects and I know of a few in my collection that he would like to get his hands on
In the future when the kids are all grown up, I have a china cabinet that will house them all quite nicely along with all my Transperth memorabilia
Sad sad days with seas and seas of silver sh!t :evil:
denningdd
Favourite Vehicle: Denning D/Deck 892

Post by denningdd »

Just a couple
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

I have 4 large display cases from a shop with glass doors & backlights I display my trax buses side on in boxes in one case TRANSIT GRAPHICS in the boxes sideways & very rare take them out of boxes except the transit graphics ones which are left in plastic display cases & with the backlight looks good! the cases take up the whole wall in front door entry & really stand out! :D its sad that trax no longer does buses! & John at transit graphics is to be congratulated on doing models for us on the Australian buses industry as he now is the only one SO we should get behind it or we have nothing,As the models are hand made cannot be done overnight,but as the old saying goes "THE WAIT IS WORTH IT" :) :D :lol: :) :roll:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"

Return to “Transport Models”