Top Gear Oct bus 2014 buses

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
wyth
Favourite Vehicle: Plaxton bodied Dennis Darts

Top Gear Oct bus 2014 buses

Post by wyth »

Top Gear has replied to a question re the buses promised and said they are in the next catalogue which is out next week, phew!!! I was getting worried the bus wasnt coming!! Does anyone have have any idea what they are?? I remember Brett saying the models for the 18 months or so were booked so wonder are they ones booked in since Brett (RIP) cleared?? an Atlantean perhaps the Stevie Wonder one or the Dulux Paints one... a new Leyland Leopord perhaps???? A Denning with a trailer even??? What are you hoping for???
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: Top Gear Oct bus 2014 buses

Post by boronia »

There were some early prototype moulds of the DGT/UTA Leyland Leopards promoted last year, so hopefully we will see at least one of these released soon.

Further versions of previous moulds are also possible.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
John P Boogerd

Post by John P Boogerd »

If we continue to encourage Top Gear in a positive way and buy their new bus models, I expect they will surely continue to produce bus models for us.
wyth

Post by wyth »

I couldnt agree more, I wish people wouldnt be be so rivit counting, sometimes a pre production model is used in brouchers or even the co crest was applied upside down by accident by the garage painter or for fun, afterall, I have heard things can be upside down down under!!! Nobody can proove the "S" logo was not applied like that on the bus when new.... I like both buses TG are releasing and ordered both, remember this much, these are the 1st models in over 15 months... some pozzitive comments might stretch the hand of friendship to the co instead of being so negative over 1 simple item which cant be proven to be incorrect
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Critsizing an upside down physically symmetrical logo is really nit-picking, but getting the windows wrong, twice, is a bit poor form, esp when these are main distinguishing features between a Mk 2 and Mk 3.

Hopefully the "expert advisors" picked this up before production started.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
wyth

Post by wyth »

77 year old Frank Tregallis has retired, he sent an email to all the customers explaining this and mentions Brett and hoping to get the co back at the top, he wil remain in a majority position and has announced that Sue Rusconi will assume position of Operations Manager, her husband is Bob Rusconi some of you might know from Automodels of Parramatta, he has been with Top Gear a year now, Sue is from Singapore and holds many degrees and seems quite a business woman!! I wish her well and hope they come out with flying colours, please wish them well if you have had any correspondence, it can only be poz news. Frank will remain on the board to guide on major policy and devolopment. I cant say happy retirement as I feel with this hobby, retirement never really happens!!! Good Luck to the future Frank and it is bright. :wink:

Return to “Transport Models”