Trux Models

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
wyth
Favourite Vehicle: Plaxton bodied Dennis Darts

Re: Trux Models

Post by wyth »

I meant to say too about Corgi's 1.50th scale clipper, Im in shock I didnt pick up the link til now!! I think I've one in my collection! LOL!!!!
dominodc122
Favourite Vehicle: Anything with a Detroit

Post by dominodc122 »

Hello Brett - Many thanks indeed for popping your head into the forum and providing excellent feedback and updated information on model development and what is in store - Being an ex coach captain from the 1980s era I was wondering if you also market to the USA? - I ask this as hundreds of thousands of tourist pax visited Australia in that decade and most predominantly travelled on coach tours. Prevalent at the time were such operators as, Australian Pacifc, Ansett Pioneer, Ansett Trailways, Tropic Wings, Carah, Skenners, Sunliner/Boomerang, Deluxe,Coachtrans, Murray's to name but a few and I am sure that if you advertised these models in the US you would find ex pax who would enjoy a model of the coach they travelled on, as much as they enjoyed the tour!. It is heartening to see other forum members mention such famous units as the Domino DC122 TourMaster 3 - Mercedes Benz 0303 single axle (Ansett) and 0303-1/2 used extensively by Ansett Pioneer and Australian Pacific along with the Denning Landseer (Most tour coach companies used these also.) You have a very detailed and outstanding product here - you latest Kirklands DenAir offering was exceptional - additional parts would be an exciting option if made with tabs that can be dabbed with glue to attach to the existing Denning Mono's and I do like the idea of being added to the boxed model so they can be attached upon by receipt by the purchaser - Have you ever though of a plastic bus station to accommodate these models also ( Brisbanes Roma Street Facade with removable roof awning would be an outstanding display idea (see attached) Cheers and keep em coming...there great :D :D :D Chris Lind ( Trax Club Member) PS. Just a thought...It you are going to produce a RingFeder for the coaches...How about a Safari Trailer to attach also with differing Coach company Decals?? :D 8) (Unique to Australia Matey :D )
B70907.jpg
B70907.jpg (250.44 KiB) Viewed 2966 times
B55210 (1).jpg
B55210 (1).jpg (253.16 KiB) Viewed 2966 times
203.jpg
203.jpg (82.1 KiB) Viewed 2966 times
394958_10152385080055596_128637565_n.jpg
394958_10152385080055596_128637565_n.jpg (78.25 KiB) Viewed 2446 times
Last edited by dominodc122 on Tue May 21, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sta
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz Oc500LE CNG

Post by sta »

I think that in the future trux should consider the CB80 which is being used by most companies which there would be alot of livery's to choose from like forest coachlines green TFNSW or state transit/busways Blue TFNSW livery.
These buses are use by companies out of the NSW Sydney area so it will benefit collectors from other states and besides the CB80 is new and i assume that many bus collectors love the CB80.

The Mercedes-Benz OC500LE CB80 in the forest coachline green TFNSW livery is my fav.
Attachments
IMG_0834mo5108.jpg
IMG_0834mo5108.jpg (88.12 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
SAM_0081.jpg
SAM_0081.jpg (89.6 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
STA-CB80-David-Lee-161011.jpg
STA-CB80-David-Lee-161011.jpg (284.9 KiB) Viewed 2949 times
_MG_2197.jpg
_MG_2197.jpg (115.07 KiB) Viewed 2949 times
7422729136_4d393b0131_z.jpg
7422729136_4d393b0131_z.jpg (215.5 KiB) Viewed 2917 times
sta

Post by sta »

We haven't even have much modern buses besides the State transit Custom coaches Volvo B12ble and Mercedes 0405nh cng which came out years ago so a CB80 lineup would be nice.
Some people still think the 0305's are modern but are they? It's been like 30 years since they first operated.I am a fan of newer buses and some of the few oldy's but not much interest me.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

The thing to remember is that the high cost of setting up the tooling means that there is a limit to the number of new models that can be released within a time frame. It takes a while, and a lot of models sold, to recoup that investment before another model can be started. Flooding the market with too many at one time can be counter-productive as many buyers are on budgets.

It must be hard for Brett and his team to decide what to do next, with so many great choices available. Let's just be thankful that someone has the foresight to do this.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
jonwendes
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer ex TRC #38

Post by jonwendes »

I'm waiting for a Landseer or an Tourmaster... (fingers crossed!)
And I would LOVE a Bus Australia BOVA. :D
A 6V92TA Silver 350 @ 2000rpm... The ULTIMATE aural orgasam!
If it don't blow black, take it back! Detroit Diesel
Please LIKE us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BRUGeorgeTown
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

In terms of what would be most beneficial for producing, I personally think for a modern bus, the Volgren CR228L body which features in thousands of buses across Australia in many different liveries. It has been around for about 10 years now too. The CB80 is still fairly new and not too common.

For something older, I think that those O305s was a smart move as they were also a common sight in different liveries and versions around Australia. Even the O405 would be a good choice.

And if we go older... Well... I wasn't even born so I won't go there...

But most of all, keeping prices affordable, and releasing something that will capture alot of interest, can be produced in different colours/versions, but without releasing them all at once will be good. As Boronia has mentioned. The biggest thing stopping me from collecting in particular, the Transit Graphics one is the high price (albeit I understand there is higher detail, but not everyone can afford it, especially if there are multiple versions).
Ray

Post by Ray »

My feedback for Trux would be about accuracy of the destination and route number signs on the buses - usually the font is not a replica of the original. Someone posted a picture here recently of a modified Trux model which had the correct desto size and font - I couldn't believe how much it improved the appearance of a model. If you fix that bit up, you've got yourself a new customer. : )
Go Cats.
sta

Post by sta »

Ray wrote:My feedback for Trux would be about accuracy of the destination and route number signs on the buses - usually the font is not a replica of the original. Someone posted a picture here recently of a modified Trux model which had the correct desto size and font - I couldn't believe how much it improved the appearance of a model. If you fix that bit up, you've got yourself a new customer. : )

I think this is the one you are talking about.It was on ebay couple months ago.
Attachments
truxsydney1.jpg
truxsydney1.jpg (41.01 KiB) Viewed 2807 times
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

To be really authentic you could put a folded up newspaper in front of the dashboard, and maybe hang a safety vest behind the seat. :idea: :roll:
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
dominodc122

Post by dominodc122 »

Can anyone please provide an actual image of a Denning DenAir in Deluxe company livery??
Trux Deluxe Coachlines Denning Monocoach.JPG
Trux Deluxe Coachlines Denning Monocoach.JPG (33.84 KiB) Viewed 2758 times
Ray

Post by Ray »

Thanks sta, yes that was the pic I was after. The really interesting thing is that Trux have managed to reproduce one detail which is missing on the Transit Graphics version - the rubber mounting on the windows in the doors.

Has anyone here experimented with making their own advertisements for their models? Is it possible to do it to a resin model without damaging it?
Go Cats.
Arceus2
Favourite Vehicle: TSA Metrobus Volvo B12BLE 2220

Post by Arceus2 »

sta wrote:
Ray wrote:My feedback for Trux would be about accuracy of the destination and route number signs on the buses - usually the font is not a replica of the original. Someone posted a picture here recently of a modified Trux model which had the correct desto size and font - I couldn't believe how much it improved the appearance of a model. If you fix that bit up, you've got yourself a new customer. : )

I think this is the one you are talking about.It was on ebay couple months ago.
According to memory from a previous topic, I think that O305 model was a Code 3 (I THINK) which meant it was a prototype sneaked out of the factory or something similar. (THIS IS ACCORDING TO WHAT I READ IN THE TOPIC)

Back to the model itself, it has similar characteristics to a Transit Graphics resin model e.g. rear school lights, mirrors, similar quality and door handles etc. I definitely WOULD recommend Trux to add these extra details to the current TX20 range but I can understand the fact that it would cost a lot to develop new tooling to produce those 'extra details'.

Just a thought... :)
Sydney, home of STA and Sydney Trains (formerly CityRail).
sta

Post by sta »

Ray wrote:Thanks sta, yes that was the pic I was after. The really interesting thing is that Trux have managed to reproduce one detail which is missing on the Transit Graphics version - the rubber mounting on the windows in the doors.

Has anyone here experimented with making their own advertisements for their models? Is it possible to do it to a resin model without damaging it?
I hope someone would tell transitgraphics if they could add the rubber mounting before the finish product.They are still not finish and there's still a chance for corrections.

When transitgraphics release the photos of the ozbus range like the one below i thought that rectangle was added there for advetisment but after more photos it seems to have disappeared.I think you may have to ask transitgraphics if putting a ad on the side will peel off any paint which might happen but i won't be trying that with my ozbus models when they arrive.I did it to one of my AUbus 1002 and that seem fine when i peeled off the ad that i printed out on a piece of paper.
Attachments
578966_454513504586500_1535637067_n.jpg
578966_454513504586500_1535637067_n.jpg (46.67 KiB) Viewed 2718 times
Trux

Post by Trux »

Our O305 TX19 Mk II and TX20 MK III range are definitely scheduled for upgrades and improvements including mirrors, improved interior detail, and mudflats etc.
These will also become standard on all new buses as they are released. Some of our older tools however are limited in what can be added due to their age and how they were originally designed, but we are still trying to add some details anyway.
One of the questions I've been asked regards the tyres as we use a solid plastic/rubber tyre as per most manufacturers. I have been asked to make them from full rubber like some of the old Corgi cars etc but other collectors are concerned that tyre cracking will occur over time and spoil the model.
How do you all feel about that? Would you prefer rubber tyres or the ones we use today?
Also, some newer buses have aerials on the side or on the roof. Are these needed or are we being too complicated by adding them?
What say you all?
Regs Brett
Trux Models is a part of Top Gear. The current Trux range can be found at http://www.topgear.com.au/category.php?type=trux
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

Hi Brett - I don't personally feel that rubber tyres are super important. If anything on the wheels was to be worked on, I would ask for some more accruate hub/axle representation between makes, but that's getting pretty picky for a model costing ~$50!

Aerials, GPS antennae, external exhausts etc etc would be lovely - my only worry is a. the cost for you and us and b. the changes you'd need to make to packaging to protect them during transport.
Job done.
sta

Post by sta »

I hope the next release will be a improved 0305.Mudflats would be a nice feature to have since i haven't even seen it on Transitgraphics highly priced models yet and i cannot wait till the finish product you guys will produce.
For the Wheels i prefer the full rubber ones that are on the AUBUS range which seems fine over years.
dominodc122

Post by dominodc122 »

I wish to submit the livery for the next Trux TX16 diecast Denning Mono per image attached( georgous livery :D 8) )
BUSESTASMANIAMTT468.jpg
BUSESTASMANIAMTT468.jpg (53.92 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
Above photo courtesy Bruce Tilley Collection - apologies...Chris... (who is suffering from youthful exuberance)

...or DEFINITELY this livery :D :D :D
Sunliner 208 Roma St (1).jpg
Sunliner 208 Roma St (1).jpg (181.29 KiB) Viewed 2394 times
Last edited by dominodc122 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Above photo courtesy Bruce Tilley Collection :evil:
Arceus2
Favourite Vehicle: TSA Metrobus Volvo B12BLE 2220

Post by Arceus2 »

I know this may have been asked already but I just want to put it forward.

Is there any chance of producing more modern models e.g. a Custom Coaches CB60 Evo II would be good enough.

I'm more of a modern day fan, I'll admit. But there is a moderate chance of high popularity if a newer bus model is released.
Although judging by the whole Top Gear range, I highly doubt this will happen although they have made a few 1990-2000 car models. And the price as well, could be $60+.
Sydney, home of STA and Sydney Trains (formerly CityRail).
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

0305 in the mark V livery like they came out of Chullora overhaul during the Greiner era circa 1988/89.
Loathed them when they came out but now absence has made the heart grow fond of them and would eagerly chuck my payment at one.
Please please at least one more mark II in UTA livery!!
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
sta

Post by sta »

There's no Australian bus model that is 2007 onwards so far.The most modern bus that has made it to a model is the Mercedes-Benz 0405nh CNG which went in service more then 10 years ago in 1999-2002.
I just want an Mercedes-Benz OC500LE CNG and that is my most desire bus.I'm happy that i have the CMNl 0405nh and that transitgraphics is producing a more high detail version but i need the custom coaches evo II OC500LE CNG.

The Hong Kong model company's seems to be keeping up in time with the full scale buses.When one of KMB's eviro 500's got wrapped in the year of snake livery carsworkshop seem to release it like weeks after.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

You seem to have forgotten about the STA B12BLE, the ACTION L94UB and the Adelaide Metro NL232 CNG, all newer than the O405NH CNG. It is true though that no Australian models post-2007 have been made so far.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

I prefer buses that are 20 years old but I would not mind seeing a CB80 model of some sort.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
denningdd
Favourite Vehicle: Denning D/Deck 892

Post by denningdd »

1:76 is perfect the only thing I would say is more private buses , I have enough govys!
Time for more privates , Westbus,Hillsbus,busway,and many many more
Cheers

Return to “Transport Models”