Borismaster - New Bus for London

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Tim Williams

Borismaster - New Bus for London

Post by Tim Williams »

I have just received the Corgi 1/76 model of this new bus and it is a great model, it captures the lines and flow of this new bus very well.

I bought it locally (in Australia) and it was not expensive - they are really scarce in the UK, so if anyone is interested, just post and I can advise who is the supplier.

A really good model - not to be missed!!!
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Re: Borismaster - New Bus for London

Post by captainch »

A PHOTO WOULD BE NICE!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
wyth
Favourite Vehicle: Plaxton bodied Dennis Darts

Post by wyth »

You were lucky to get it, they are like hens teeth here in the UK/Ireland, Corgi underestimated the demand and made 3500 pieces of this one in your pic and demand would have shifted 8000 plus...... so supplies were not met. Corgi is releasing a series of them with west end musicals adverts on each of the 5 for release between Jan and June, the problem is all are the same reg, same destination (38 Victoria)..... Theres an order for 600 in place for the real thing for Transport For London....
Tim Williams

Post by Tim Williams »

Yes I think I am very lucky getting one - I have searched all over the place on the net. In fact I nearly bought the model as part of an LT set of 3 but the postage from the UK was unbelievable, so I didn't go ahead.

I have read about the order for 600 and comments in "Buses" (regarding politics and the future) make a lot of sense. I wonder, if in the future, a version of this bus might be purchased in Hong Kong or Singapore - without the open rear platform and longer, both places are keen to improve the air quality; additionally a dual staircase layout would reduce dwell times at stops.
C130

Post by C130 »

If you could let me know who the supplier is that would be great, I've seen it as part of the 3 pack over here in the UK, but everywhere said the single model sold out in a week.
boronia

Post by boronia »

I got mine yesterday, but I have had it on pre-order for some time.

I see from
http://www.modelbuszone.co.uk/ooc/
that a further 5 will be released from early next year, and they will all have different rego numbers. I'm guessing they all show Rte 38 because that is the only route they work on ATM??

I got mine from Woodpecker Model Railways at Pendle Hill. They still have the 3 vehicle set for sale, I didn't see any more of the single release.
@ The Museum of Fire.
TAA727

Post by TAA727 »

I picked up the single and 3-piece set from Hobbyco in Sydney a few weeks ago.
The model is yes very nice and well made, however I'm told on good authority that the is one glaring mistake, that being that the doors for the rear platform are shown to be roughly equal sized, whereas in actual fact the front leaf should be almost twice as wide as the rear leaf. My only other disappointment with these models is the fact that the model in the 3-piece set is also modelled with the rear platform doors shut, despite all promotional photos (including that on the actual box lid) showing it with the doors open. I'll possibly modify it in time myself!
TAA727's Fleetlist:
MAN SL-202 Ex-STA 3291
Merc O.305 MkII Ex-STA 2496
Merc O.305 Ex-Action 670
Bedford VAL Ex-Duffy's MO 7259
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

I was having a look at City Models in Perth today and saw the Corgi three piece Routemaster set for sale at $179.90!!! They look pretty good and I want my hands on one, but out of my price range!
Bairstow
Favourite Vehicle: BMBC Volvo B12B CC CB60

Post by Bairstow »

Its amazing how overpriced things are in Australia. I recently came back from the UK where in various hobby shops saw the three piece set for the sum of 80 pounds (roughly $120), and thats with a profit margin. I didn't think a model could cost $60 to ship here, its more like $15!
hkbusfan

Post by hkbusfan »

I got one of these recently, and it's disappointing how many errors there are ...
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

If they have preventable errors (not compromises due to scale), you can always get a refund, or exchange, or repair, especially if the company hasn't notified customers of errors.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
hkbusfan

Post by hkbusfan »

No, they are just errors of laziness in getting things exactly right !!!
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

How were they advertised? Did they show, or let customers now about these "errors of laziness"?
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
hkbusfan

Post by hkbusfan »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:How were they advertised? Did they show, or let customers now about these "errors of laziness"?
no - the errors were noted on model review pages. But no subsequent releases have been changed at all :-(
boronia

Post by boronia »

Very few models are 100% accurate (esp in this price range), so failures in this one are not surprising. Development of this model probably started before the final specs of the real bus were available, hence some differences.
@ The Museum of Fire.
hkbusfan

Post by hkbusfan »

boronia wrote:Very few models are 100% accurate (esp in this price range), so failures in this one are not surprising. Development of this model probably started before the final specs of the real bus were available, hence some differences.
we are talking about errors in colour - something easy to correct or redo, especially as many new version have come out since

Return to “Transport Models”