1/24 London DMS Bus

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
The Modeller

1/24 London DMS Bus

Post by The Modeller »

One model that I found at the Mega Toy Swap Meet a few weeks ago a Diecast London DMS Bus on a Daimler Fleetline Chassis.
It's a large model with working Desto blinds all round and working suspension, steering and sprung doors.
Made by Gilbow Holdings limited and Drumwell.
The photo taken with a London double decker country made by Sunstar.
Attachments
New Model.JPG
New Model.JPG (59.43 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
Daimler London bus Rear - Copy.JPG
Daimler London bus Rear - Copy.JPG (60.43 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
wyth
Favourite Vehicle: Plaxton bodied Dennis Darts

Re: 1/24 London DMS Bus

Post by wyth »

Its a beautiful model, EFE/Gilbow Holdings commissioned them, the 1st of those models were in Hong Kong liveries, one was even an all over ad for ciggerettes! Thats worth a bit more than the others released, EFE/Gilbow have some in stock at a lower price than the shops, they seem to have kept their value and retail at sterling £159, the 1.24 routemaster when new releases are £120, so you have an idea but the routemasters can be picked up for 70 to 100 pounds.
EFE does the DMS in 1.76 and all the 1.24 scale releases are the same model but bigger! There was one non red London one done, Metrobus... I have this one.
Hong Kong versions are possibly all sold out, I got the KMB one with cut away bustles at the back, that sold out quick, I got mine from Jotus in HK on the net, there was also a 1.24 Metrobus from EFE/Gilbow, the same set up, HK liveries and the ones by EFE/Gilbow were London related, its a beautiful model and must be handled carefully, as a guide on price, the metrobus also is keeping its value, you will never see one below sterling £199. There was rumour a while back there was to be one from Birmingham done, a single door version bus thats not appeared yet.
Cordes Express
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M

Post by Cordes Express »

It looks awesome!!!!!
Doc68
Favourite Vehicle: Technics sl1200

Post by Doc68 »

AWSOME model good find, not a pommy bus fan but that is brilliant I love it
'GM 2strokes, still the most efficient engine ever developed for converting fuel into noise'.
Food has replaced sex in my life now I can't even get into my own pants

Return to “Transport Models”