Corgi New Zealand AEC turntable

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
wyth
Favourite Vehicle: Plaxton bodied Dennis Darts

Corgi New Zealand AEC turntable

Post by wyth »

While at a swapmeet in Dublin today, I came across a Corgi AEC turntable ladder fire engine which was released in 1995, its 1/50 scale.... really nice model...... it cost me 30 euro, I think back in 1995, it would have been £30 sterling...... is anyone interested in it??? You can private message me if you are interested?
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: Corgi New Zealand AEC turntable

Post by boronia »

What NZ livery does it have? The only "foreign" livery I know for this model was "West Australia FB", and I'm not even aware that any of these ladders went to NZ in real life.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
wyth

Post by wyth »

According to the info in the box, the vehicle was still in service when the model was released in 1995, its vehicle fleet number 67, DUNEDIN. Corgi code number is 97361 AEC TURNTABLE LADDER NEW ZEALAND FIRE BRIGADE......, I'll try upload a pic later today of it...
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Thanks, a bit more research indicates it was commissioned by a NZ company, but went into general release. Hard to believe that model has been around for almost 20 years.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
wyth

Post by wyth »

Yeah, to be honest, I don't remember it coming out either, there's an exact replica obviously different markings in Dublin Fire Brigade too, and I only discovered that 5 yrs ago! As a matter of interest, there's a few of the New Zealand ladder trucks on eBay prices around £40 each minus post.

Return to “Transport Models”