Transfers for Australian model buses.

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
wyth
Favourite Vehicle: Plaxton bodied Dennis Darts

Transfers for Australian model buses.

Post by wyth »

Has anyone else felt the Sydney Leyland Atlantean looks very bare without some adverts on it, I noticed for example, an old picture I saw of one had a HMV advert on the front above the destination box, just wondering.... perhaps someone reading this can point some of us in the right direction??? I asemble Irish kits here and similarily, they look very plain but jump to life with adverts on, perhaps Trux has one up their sleeve fully adverted up!! Fingers crossed!!! :wink:
tbc1983

Re: Transfers for Australian model buses.

Post by tbc1983 »

I don't know if this will help, but it's worth a try to draw up your own advert on MS Paint. You could either scan a picture from a book and then resize it accordingly; or draw your own. After that, you can then print it out on decal sheet paper which you can purchase from any hobby store.

IHTH.

Cheers!
Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Putting old adverts on commercial models requires permission of the product owner.

I suspect that many would not be happy with old campaigns being ressurected, even for historical purposes.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

some railway model shops sell advertising transfers which could be used.
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
wyth

Post by wyth »

captainch, have you seen any transfers in hobby/model shops suitable for the Sydney Atlantean??? I know from EFE correspondences and from what Danny Chan says, producing models with adverts on slows down the date planned of such a model if its licensing approval they're waiting on, trux have produced some nice adverts on some of the buses in the past and I think they look so much more real with adverts on, a fella in Glasgow called George Heaney is my contact and actually gets the adverts printed off in Australia as it works out cheaper, I understand some companies may be reluctant to give permission to trux for example but thats their loss, over here, CMN wanted to do an Enviro 400 demo on loan to Ulsterbus Northern Ireland and the company wouldnt release CMN permission to do it, Ulsterbus wanted the ALX400 and CMN eventually did an Ulsterbus ALX 400....
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

try casula hobbies at liverpool!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
wyth

Post by wyth »

Liverpool, as in Merseyside in north west England????? I shall take a google search in a while!!
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

No, Liverpool in Sydney Australia!
Ben_Daui
Favourite Vehicle: 14.5 Scania

Post by Ben_Daui »

Return to “Transport Models”