WOW-trux denning on ebay

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
aussie_ozfire

WOW-trux denning on ebay

Post by aussie_ozfire »

I should have taken advantage of the trux wrecking yard sale, $29 for this denning, now over $150 on ebay. Some people are just plain stupid.........
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trux-Trax-HO-Sc ... 2465628390
Industry

Re: WOW-trux denning on ebay

Post by Industry »

I bought one out of the wrecking yard for a repaint, but you could not resell it as they said for this price they had flaws and this one did.

Definately not a 100% percent model but was ideal for repaint and modification, currently in pieces and back to bear metal.
aussie_ozfire

Post by aussie_ozfire »

Make sure you post pics when she's done. Are you going to add mirrors, bullbar etc?
Dial 000
Favourite Vehicle: UTA Mercedes 0305 1936

Post by Dial 000 »

aussie_ozfire wrote:I should have taken advantage of the trux wrecking yard sale, $29 for this denning, now over $150 on ebay. Some people are just plain stupid.........
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trux-Trax-HO-Sc ... 2465628390
:roll: I also bought one from the TRAX Wrecking Yard, advised that there may be issues and there were. It is only fit for an overhaul due to the defects it has. The one on e-bay was likely an original issue I would think as another poster has had the same issue as me with his purchase.

I guess that you should be careful what you say and always try and be factual?
The "Green lines", sorting the men from the boys!
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

That's funny, I saw that Trux site, and their Wrecking Yard page said that the boxes may have minor flaws, but the models are perfect.

Edit: No it shows "MODELS AND PACKAGING HAVE MINOR FLAWS"
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Industry

Post by Industry »

The Trax Wrecking Yard is like a Trax 'seconds shop' that gives you the opportunity to buy less than perfect Trax Models at bargain basement prices.

Over time, Trax accumulates small quantities of various models that either have slight imperfections, minor flaws, damaged packaging or no packaging at all. The Trax Wrecking Yard is ideal for those collectors chasing spare parts, or models for their own custom modelling activities. Please understand though, at these crazy prices, our normal guarantee does not apply to any models ordered from the Trax Wrecking Yard. There are NO refunds, exchanges or replacements available on Trax Wrecking Yard models.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accumulated in our warehouse over time are small quantities of returned models that are too good to destroy.

MODELS AND PACKAGING HAVE MINOR FLAWS

Gentleman taken direct from the website of what the junk yard sale is about.

Return to “Transport Models”