drivers olympic bus

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

drivers olympic bus

Post by captainch »

noted the guy is still trying to sell one for$2,000 dollars, what its made of pure gold! you got to be KIDDING! :roll:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Re: drivers olympic bus

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Exactly. I picked up one a couple of weeks ago for $50
captainch

Post by captainch »

yea i'm still after one :roll: s t a drivers working in the olympic village didn't get them :evil:
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

captainch wrote:yea i'm still after one :roll: s t a drivers working in the olympic village didn't get them :evil:
The one bloke I know here in Hobart who worked the shuttles, DIDN'T get one as HE was what they called second tier drivers. He said to me, the original drivers (or some of them) got all the equipment (and freebies) but then basically said it didn't suit them. Second tier drivers didn't get most of the freebies. He (my mate) got a jacket and bits and pieces, which he said he's going to look for and probably give me some :mrgreen:
captainch

Post by captainch »

a lot of gifts were given out to drivers and uniforms ect and then they didn't like the work and quit so lots of drivers got a shirt only.after the games they were selling the uniforms :evil: S T A VILLAGE bus drivers had a different uniform!
mrobsessed
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Reliance

drivers olympic bus

Post by mrobsessed »

I've still got both uniforms (those weeks were a licence to print money!) and a small jacket that never had any chance of fitting me!
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

I was too young to drive proper buses then but did drive a Merc Sprinter for Team Denmark based in the athletes village and still have all the purple transport volunteer gear somewhere. Captain, I probably rode on your gas bus a few times in the village throughout the couple of weeks.

Those driver's buses are rubbish quality, scaling and attention to detail! I guess it's the sentiment that counts though.
Job done.
captainch

Post by captainch »

sorry andrew I didn't drive the buses I WAS ONE OF 3 SUPERVISERS!WAS THE BEST 3 MONTHS IVE HAD!
captainch

Post by captainch »

so if any one has one for sale i'd be gratefull!

Return to “Transport Models”