TransitGraphics UTA & STA Mk 5's

The place to discuss models. Ie Model Buses, Model Railways etc.
Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 820 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: TransitGraphics UTA & STA Mk 5's

Post by Swift »

Rediculous. How can I have a hope in hell of getting at least one model then?
I have driven two of them for FFS (3040 & 3024) :!: :!:
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Bairstow
Favourite Vehicle: BMBC Volvo B12B CC CB60

Post by Bairstow »

I dont think that they would have sold out that quickly, not at $165 each. I put my name down for 2 models whilst it said sold out on the website and the other day I received confirmation that i'll be getting 2 models in February :)

I'd say the best thing to do is to give them a call and find out
HunterLine5

Post by HunterLine5 »

Bairstow wrote:I dont think that they would have sold out that quickly, not at $165 each. I put my name down for 2 models whilst it said sold out on the website and the other day I received confirmation that i'll be getting 2 models in February :)

I'd say the best thing to do is to give them a call and find out
:D yup!!..i emailed TG earlier today and they have confirmed my order of the OTHER 6 new Oz Buses on the website, these are going to complement my Gassies, Volvo's, and my soon to be delivered Mk V's :D ....if only they would produce a EURO 5 as well?....Awesome!!.
traxman043

Post by traxman043 »

Time to clear up the confusion re; Top Gear, ABC Models and Drumwell. ABC went broke in late 2001 with massive unpaid bills for tooling and finished product owed to a small China based model maker. Top Gear stepped in, bought the tools and then modified/improved them. Since the first Trux release in 2002, all Trux bus tools are owned by Top Gear with the exception of those distributed under license with EFE. Top Gear have been making models since 1992 with Drumwell and are not distributors or wholesalers, but indeed retailers only; of their own model brands (which they own the tooling for) direct to private collectors.
wyth
Favourite Vehicle: Plaxton bodied Dennis Darts

Post by wyth »

I looked briefly at that transit graphics site last night, saw there was a bendy bus version of the merc 305...... does anyone here know if thats sold out too??? I understood its a future product....
HunterLine5

Post by HunterLine5 »

wyth wrote:I looked briefly at that transit graphics site last night, saw there was a bendy bus version of the merc 305...... does anyone here know if thats sold out too??? I understood its a future product....
Hi Wyth, simply email TG and place your order, but BE QUICK!!...refer to my earlier post in this thread, TIME is running out though, also, consider the RARITY factor of these models!....the rest is up to you!. :D .
wyth

Post by wyth »

Thats fair enough HunterLine, will take a peek again later on, know what you mean too with RARITY, they have a Plaxton President in Yorkshire black in stock in TG, do you think I can get that in Ireland??
HunterLine5

Post by HunterLine5 »

wyth wrote:Thats fair enough HunterLine, will take a peek again later on, know what you mean too with RARITY, they have a Plaxton President in Yorkshire black in stock in TG, do you think I can get that in Ireland??
Jump on EVERY opportunity!!, you will never know unless you give it a shot!!!...i wish you the VERY best of luck in your quest!!. :D .
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

I tried emailing TG using the shop@... address quoted but it keeps bouncing. Anyone else had this problem?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
HunterLine5

Post by HunterLine5 »

boronia wrote:I tried emailing TG using the shop@... address quoted but it keeps bouncing. Anyone else had this problem?
Boronia, Wyth, and others....... email..John@transitgraphics.com.au

I think thats the correct email, he NORMALLY gets back to you pretty quick!..

Better be QUICK though!!.

Regards,
HunterLine5.
Ben_Daui
Favourite Vehicle: 14.5 Scania

Post by Ben_Daui »

Well I emailed John @ TG today, I have put my name down for 0305G & a MK IV in original livery.
boronia

Post by boronia »

Got a reply from John this morning; the address should be eshop@..., and has been corrected.
@ The Museum of Fire.
sta
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz Oc500LE CNG

Post by sta »

will these new Ozbus models be selling at other places.seems like $165 is a bit too much and $185 for the mark III artic.i want the Mark III artic,Mark IV and Mark III in the sta livery but that will cost be $515 all up.if they were $100 or below $130 it would be good.
boronia

Post by boronia »

The price is high, but on par with other similar handcrafted resin models elsewhere. Wait and see how the Mk 5s come out.

The only other place you will be able to buy them will probabloy be on eBay, where they will cost a lot more :shock:
@ The Museum of Fire.
HunterLine5

Post by HunterLine5 »

:shock: few bitsa of trivia for you all on these buses on the TG webpage, in NO particular order...

3140...in service
3225...in service @ Newcastle
2584...smashed by a crane, @ L Depot, May, 2008.
3024...scrapped, Top Dollar recyclers, 6/ 2011.
2888...in service
2619... Listed for preservation
2570...showing re-rego'd 6323AO
2552...showing unreg'd, Manly Coaches.

Source, Fleetlists. :D .
captainch
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Post by captainch »

do some of you people realize how much money goes into producing a model! simple if you think its to much much money DON'T buy one................remember there are people who thank god there are people who are willing to make models in this very limited market here in australia and i'll continue to support them :)
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
wyth

Post by wyth »

Cap's right, a lot of investment is at the production start up, I think its great somebody is in a position to stick their neck out and get the ball rolling, Im over in Dublin and Im facinated at the oz vehicles, Im pretty sure I will order the bendy 305 this week, Im looking forward to the Whiskas Atlantean, top gear on facebook said theres a couple of gems aoa in the atlantean casting coming shortly, would love to know what it is, can anyone here remember them with the aoa's?? The aoa's in Dublin were as colourful, all were handpainted in Inchicore railway works by the artist sign writers, a skill dying today sadly.
captainch

Post by captainch »

there were about 20 atlanteens painted one 1155 was done about 6 times!
"CAPTAIN.C.H "Lives in the home of "SUGAR CANE' not "chickens" :lol: :lol:.........."INGHAM NTH QLD"
wyth

Post by wyth »

Was 1155 re painted into the same company but updated perhaps?? Would love to see what AOA they carried, it would give us an idea of what Atlanteans top gear are to release this year. On the subject of Sydney buses, I have 2 of the old ABC models MCW open toppers city sightseeing Sydneys, ones in a green box which I got it must be 10 yrs ago? The others in a red box and seems identical, the green box is branded as ozBus.... I picked up the red boxed one I picked up in Manchester for £15, it might be worth a lot more!!!! Anyway, not to be sidetracked captainch, do you know what AOA your lovely Atlanteans wore???
captainch

Post by captainch »

streets ice cream, stevie wonder, whiskas, sony, johnie walker whiskey, radio station 2UW,cant think of otheres maybe ppl can place pics?................p.s the green boxed open decker was the original one the red one is same bus different box much latter!
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

captainch wrote:streets ice cream, stevie wonder, whiskas, sony, johnie walker whiskey, radio station 2UW,cant think of otheres maybe ppl can place pics?................p.s the green boxed open decker was the original one the red one is same bus different box much latter!
Probably won't do the Johnnie Walker AOA (I'd imagine) as to NOT upset the do-gooders who would say a "toy bus" with alcohol advertising will corrupt young peoples minds :roll: :roll: I know @ the V8s last year, you couldn't buy ANYTHING @ Jack Daniels merchandise stand UNLESS you were over 18 :roll: Good to see there are many other varieties of AOAs possibly in the pipeline :mrgreen:
boronia

Post by boronia »

I can remember one for Bankcard in the ealy 70s. It was in their emerald green, which I thought really suited the body.
@ The Museum of Fire.
wyth

Post by wyth »

Would love to see pics eventually, BTW, I ordered the yellow and white single decker on transit graphics but the bendy.... I would love one but it looks like its either sold out in advance or not available........ damn!!!!
boronia

Post by boronia »

Just put your name down on the list. It seems they are not actually taking orders yet, just "expressions of interest". There is good chance that some people who order them will not come up with the cash when the time comes, so the waiting list could get a chance.
@ The Museum of Fire.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

captainch wrote:there were about 20 atlanteens painted one 1155 was done about 6 times!
That's six layers of paint in a short space of time. :shock:

I wonder if any risque ads were done for pantyhose or lingerie?
One of Surfside's Nationals carried a rather sensual AOA for Lycra in the 1980s.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.

Return to “Transport Models”