Leyland Atlantean 680 Torque Converter

Buy, Swap and Sell goods here.
Jarryd

Leyland Atlantean 680 Torque Converter

Post by Jarryd »

Hi All,

Im chasing some information on where i would possibly be able to purchase parts of a Layland 680 Motor Torque Converter or a replacement.

The issue I'm having is that when the bus first starts (not always) you are able to put your foot down and the bus only creeps forward. Ive been told that the gears are all slipping by a mechanic however after a few minutes this gets better and the bus returns to 90% or its normal drive. We are assuming this is a fault with the Torque Converter.

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated

Thanks,
Jarryd
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: Leyland Atlantean 680 Torque Converter

Post by boronia »

Could be a problem with the oil (not enough or too old) or a blocked filter.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Jarryd

Post by Jarryd »

We have changed the gearbox filter which wasn't in the best condition and have changed the gearbox oil. The second time we changed the oil which was maybe 2 or 3 weeks after the first time, the oil was burnt. My understanding is that there is an oil pipe from the gearbox to the torque converter in this model.
DiAmOnD T
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Mandator Ex Browns no7

Post by DiAmOnD T »

The fluid flywheel is fed from the gearbox oil supply, so if you changed the oil then found it burnt again it could be remnants that didn't come out on the first flush.
You could have band slip in gear but if your saying it doesn't always do it then the other thing is air supply to make the gear bands apply, are you trying to drive before it has full air thus not providing a full gear contact
The Diesel Guy
- Mobile heavy vehicle repairs serving Sydney to Newcastle -

dieselguynsw@gmail.com

Return to “Buy / Swap / Sell”