Leyland center door upper guide

Buy, Swap and Sell goods here.
Brisbane Atlantean

Leyland center door upper guide

Post by Brisbane Atlantean »

I am renovating a 1969 Leyland Atalantean double decker bus in Brisbane and am looking for upper guide posts to fit on to the top of each of the inner panels of the centre folding doors . I am fuddling my way through all of this and I do not know what the parts are called.

The bracket sit on top of the door panel and the post slots into guide tracks within the door frame so that the edge of the door stays in line with the frame of the door when the doors open and close.

Does anyone have any of these for sale or a lead as to where I might find them. Also does anyone know what the name of these parts are to help me with my future searches.
Cheers
Brisbane Atlantean
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: Leyland center door upper guide

Post by boronia »

It might somewhat depend on what make body you have.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Brisbane Atlantean

Hi Boronia,
Thanks for the reply.
The seller tells me that it is a Leyland Atlantean PDR 2/1 built 5/69 with the body having been built by "Park Royal". It has chassis number 804019.
It is Ex Plymouth UK Fleet number 229 and had UK Rego JJY 629G

Does that make a difference?
Cheers
Brisbane Atlantean
DiAmOnD T
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Mandator Ex Browns no7

Post by DiAmOnD T »

So you have the bracket with a post on it mounted to the door still, then you just need the guide roller. Probably wont buy one off a shelf, might be better/easier/quicker to buy some round nylon length and turn a hollow up the centre to sit on the post.
The Diesel Guy
- Mobile heavy vehicle repairs serving Sydney to Newcastle -

dieselguynsw@gmail.com
Bharat

Post by Bharat »

Brisbane Atlantean wrote:I am renovating a 1969 Leyland Atalantean double decker bus in Brisbane and am looking for upper guide posts to fit on to the top of each of the inner panels of the centre folding doors . I am fuddling my way through all of this and I do not know what the parts are called.

The bracket sit on top of the door panel and the post slots into guide tracks within the door frame so that the edge of the door stays in line with the frame of the door when the doors open and close.

Does anyone have any of these for sale or a lead as to where I might find them. Also does anyone know what the name of these parts are to help me with my future searches.
Hi

Would you be interested in Leyland GB350 Pneumo-cyclic SCG (Self Changing Gearbox) and their Spare Parts for the renovation you are doing?

If you are please let me know your email id and I will send you more info on the same.

Also would appreciate if you can guide me to anyone who might be interested in the same.

Regards

Bharat
Brisbane Atlantean

Hi Bharat,
Thanks for the offer but changing gearboxes is way beyond my limited capabilities.
I am not sure where the market is for such a thing but best of luck.
cheers
Cheers
Brisbane Atlantean

Return to “Buy / Swap / Sell”